SexoutTryout [Outdated and Locked]

• 2 weeks later...

didnt know to put it here or go to tech support so.. anyone else getting the sexout tryout cant be added. When using Nmm

Use FOMM to install all Sexout mods. And any .fomod in general, while we're on the subject. NMM may be getting there eventually, but it still does not handle fomods as well as FOMM, and NMM will install a mod that's missing an install script when it really needs one while FOMM will warn you so that you can install it manually.

didnt know to put it here or go to tech support so.. anyone else getting the sexout tryout cant be added. When using Nmm

Use FOMM to install all Sexout mods. And any .fomod in general, while we're on the subject. NMM may be getting there eventually, but it still does not handle fomods as well as FOMM, and NMM will install a mod that's missing an install script when it really needs one while FOMM will warn you so that you can install it manually

oh ok well ill go find FOMM thank you for the help. Now FOMM crashes when i try to open sexout tryout with FOMM. Or am i just not familiar with FOMM and doing something wrong? Now FOMM just crashes upon opening. Any ideas on how to fix this?

oh ok well ill go find FOMM thank you for the help. Now FOMM crashes when i try to open sexout tryout with FOMM. Or am i just not familiar with FOMM and doing something wrong? Now FOMM just crashes upon opening. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Try installing FOMM to it's own directory if you didn't. If FOMM and NMM are installed in the same place (say, the Fallout game directory for example) they share some resources and so installing one makes the other crash. I have FOMM in it's own folder and I haven't had that problem. If that doesn't fix it, try asking in the FOMM thread.

Is the file you're trying to add to package manager freshly downloaded, or are you trying to install it from NMM's mod archive folder? NMM changes something in the archives so it makes FOMM crash. So only add mods from your downloads folder and not NMM's archive folder.

If that's not the problem then I'm at a loss because I didn't have any other issues when switching from NMM to FOMM (other than I ended up reinstalling (or rather deleting the data folder, running the file validation on Steam so it reinstalled the data folder files that the game creates) and then installing all the mods with FOMM. My game has been much more stable since then... and I'm noticing a lot of things that have been missing from my game for a long time that are back... little things like the truck in front of Doc Mitchell's house for example.

Going through the sequence with MR sets a variable which in turn sets FiendsFactionNV as an Ally every frame. If you shoot them enough they'll eventually go hostile to you but the script will still tell them to be allies so any Fiends that aren't in combat with you immediately will go back to being friendly.

So your best bet would be to deactivate SexoutFiends and then start shooting. Now, if this issue is important enough I could add an option in the MCM menu to force this variable off.

Is the file you're trying to add to package manager freshly downloaded, or are you trying to install it from NMM's mod archive folder? NMM changes something in the archives so it makes FOMM crash. So only add mods from your downloads folder and not NMM's archive folder.

If that's not the problem then I'm at a loss because I didn't have any other issues when switching from NMM to FOMM (other than I ended up reinstalling (or rather deleting the data folder, running the file validation on Steam so it reinstalled the data folder files that the game creates) and then installing all the mods with FOMM. My game has been much more stable since then... and I'm noticing a lot of things that have been missing from my game for a long time that are back... little things like the truck in front of Doc Mitchell's house for example.

Freashly downloaded into the download folder for just basic downloads from the internet but i have noticed that anything FoMod related has the insignia of NMM even when i right click it to open with FOMM. Most of the mods i download i normally send to the NMM folder after download and just install them myself it causes 0 problems when i do it myself NMM is very very bad for things such as a file says meshes/characters and its supposed to go to meshes/Characters and it'll just extract and make the meshes/characters making the mod completely not work or just wreck havock on you game. Most of the mods on here are already able to be installed manually but this one i cant so its frustrating but its good for making sure no one copyrights it as their own.

Hopes this helps a little more 

I remember having lots of trouble switching from nmm to fomm. They share an ini file somewhere and if you don't delete it complete and set nmm to not recognize fallout at all nmm changes something in it which breaks how fomm is supposed to work. I forgot how I fixed it though.

Rather than doubleclicking the .fomod file to open the mod manager, you could just load up FOMM and open the package manager and click "Add fomod" and then select the appropriate file. Add fomod works even if it's in 7z or rar format. There's also an option to make a file into a fomod though I'm not sure when it's advantageous to do that (besides when you're creating a fomod for upload). You should be able to use the Windows Control Panel > Programs to set FOMM as the default program for .fomod files.

Going through the sequence with MR sets a variable which in turn sets FiendsFactionNV as an Ally every frame. If you shoot them enough they'll eventually go hostile to you but the script will still tell them to be allies so any Fiends that aren't in combat with you immediately will go back to being friendly.

So your best bet would be to deactivate SexoutFiends and then start shooting. Now, if this issue is important enough I could add an option in the MCM menu to force this variable off.

Such an added option would indeed be valuable. 

Rather than doubleclicking the .fomod file to open the mod manager, you could just load up FOMM and open the package manager and click "Add fomod" and then select the appropriate file. Add fomod works even if it's in 7z or rar format. There's also an option to make a file into a fomod though I'm not sure when it's advantageous to do that (besides when you're creating a fomod for upload). You should be able to use the Windows Control Panel > Programs to set FOMM as the default program for .fomod files.

im loading up FOMM and opening package manager and doing it that way and tried the other neither work just crashes. So i guess NMM or FOMM are messed up? also noting i have deleted NMM so it no longer can be conflicting with it... Well i seem to have found the problem i went to downloads and just was like well whats different than it and the site. WELL turns out lol the file is just 7.64 MB big is that normal or major issue seeing as i downloading 45 mb yesterday when it was downloading?

issue was last sentence. i guess i downloaded during the update yesterday and it didnt work but now its working had to delete NMM though

Update is up. Some major changes. MCM toggles have been added to disable bestiality content and tone down the Fiends plugin. The former applies to Marissa's tour in Legion and Motor Runner in Fiends, the latter tweaks some of Nephi's dialogue and skips Cook-Cook's first encounter completely.

If I missed any content either toggle should apply to, or if the toggles or anything else is not working properly, let me know.