Animation count of different SLAL packs

Well, I just wasted 3-4 hours guessing the numbers of animations in different SLAL packs. Hope it might help someone.

C=Creatures

H=Humans

O=Obsolete

Notes:

1) The numbering (1_ModName) is in the order of decreasing download size of pack.

2) I considered all the .hkx files for a single animation as one.

3) The list applies only to SSE ports of these mods (as of Oct 5, 2020).

Anims Count:

2.PNG.78f0b18ab60b78a97396c6dedf655760.PNG

This is useful information for people struggling to decide which SLAL packs they should ditch or add because of animation limits. You could contact the users that made the SSE Conversion Tracking or the Sexlab Index for SE, as both threads contain a category/list of SLAL packs but don't show this information.

Here's a couple options I'm thinking: my thread gives a simple relative label to how many animations each pack has, like "many" or "few" (because doing a number is... well, you know the work involved, and if I give numbers then someone will mention it's out of date), or I add a link back to this thread?

A Tip for Updates:

Almost all SLAL packs have a text document in "\data\SLAnims\source" folder. Just open the documents and zoom out a lot. You will notice a definite pattern followed by an empty space. Each of this pattern counts towards a single animations.

Spoiler

11.PNG.8371807f92989b1d99c091d890703bd4.PNG

[I guess you can also check number of anims for a mod in the SLAL menu in MCM, but I have not gotten into my game yet, as I am still picking mods for my next play-through]

We can only guess the number of anims, but not the exact numbers. Only the author of a mod knows that. It will be better if they include this count in mod's description page (as Billy has done).

1 hour ago, tasairis said:

Here's a couple options I'm thinking: my thread gives a simple relative label to how many animations each pack has, like "many" or "few" (because doing a number is... well, you know the work involved, and if I give numbers then someone will mention it's out of date), or I add a link back to this thread?

I guess additional columns in the table on SSE tracking page will be good enough, with a mention that it was submitted by some user and has not been updated since Oct 5. This way, you will not be held responsible for updating the list, plus people will also get a more accurate idea of the number of animations. I don't think putting a link of the thread will be useful, as most people will observe your table only, and won't click on external links.

Preview:

Spoiler

image.png

I really don't want to put numbers in there. Truth is that it's not just about being inaccurate over time but about actively avoiding anything that might suggest competition: I'm sure that if I put real numbers ("real" in that they count FNIS animations, not SexLab animations) in there then some number of people will not download certain packs because they only have a handful of animations when others have many more. I'm going beyond being neutral and trying to give less famous authors and packs a better chance of being discovered and downloaded.

If anyone's wondering about 1 vs 2 vs 3 checkmarks, it's math: average H/C counts between all packs that include animations, then
0 < ✔ < ½x average < ✔✔ < 2x average < ✔✔✔

2 hours ago, tasairis said:

some number of people will not download certain packs because they only have a handful of animations

Wow, did not noticed that consequence of the data. Kudos for this new idea.

Anyway, since you have linked this thread, I want to say that the K4 pack's mod page has 6 animations where the actors in the gifs are not creatures (However the author had mentioned that "the package has animations involving creatures"). So maybe, instead of 22C for creatures, there are 6H and 16C animations, but I have not tested it out yet.

7 hours ago, PotatoGamer32 said:

Anyway, since you have linked this thread, I want to say that the K4 pack's mod page has 6 animations where the actors in the gifs are not creatures (However the author had mentioned that "the package has animations involving creatures"). So maybe, instead of 22C for creatures, there are 6H and 16C animations, but I have not tested it out yet.

I think you're right: when I first built that list I noted that there were at least some MF animations in there. Likewise there were "animal" and "monster" ones. So some of those 22C are going to be Hs.