Reducing Console Spam on TrueCrimeEX

I use LoversTrueCrimeEx and the quest script that adds the spells for "Head Bounty Hunting" to constantly check my character for 3 spells. I'd like it to not print the "Spell: X not found on Player" message every 5 seconds, is there a way to prevent this from happening, does anyone know enough of the mod and knows if I could just disable these checks?

I was also looking for anything about the TrueCrimeExDebug value, but there isn't any other script or ini file that says what is it's state.

Script in question

Spoiler

scn aaaCutHeadInitQuestScript

short TrueCrimeExDebug

Begin GameMode || gameLoad || gameRestarted

;==================================================
player.AddTopic aaaPayForHead

if TrueCrimeExDebug == 2
	if player.HasSpell aaaPayHeadSpell == 0
		player.addSpell aaaPayHeadSpell
	endif
	if player.HasSpell aaaAddCrimeGoldSpell == 0
		player.addSpell aaaAddCrimeGoldSpell
	endif
else
	player.RemoveSpell aaaPayHeadSpell
	player.RemoveSpell aaaAddCrimeGoldSpell
endif
if TrueCrimeExDebug == 1
	if player.HasSpell aaaCheckCrimeGoldSpell == 0
		player.addSpell aaaCheckCrimeGoldSpell
	endif
else
	player.RemoveSpell aaaCheckCrimeGoldSpell
endif
if player.HasSpell aaaReloadSpell == 0
	player.addSpell aaaReloadSpell
endif

End

What have you done with the spell?  You get the spells at game start and you never see the message.  I never saw a message in my game.

Did you remove the spell with console?

That is the wrong script.

You have to find the script with the message.

The line will start with message or messagebox

message "Spell: X not found on Player" 

You can delete the line or add a ; at the beginning of the line,  then the line is not used

; message "You don't have spell xy"

Then you have to compile the script with the CS  

CS with OBSE or you can not save esm/esp with OBSE commands !  If you use CS Extender 81 it starts with OBSE and can compile and save the esp.

There is not script for the printC or Message in the esp. I've looked for it. The result of the check if the line "Ref.HasSpell SpellID" returns 0 the console will display the message of "spell not found in ref", a similar thing happens when you try to add a spell and the target reference already has that spell and the console will always say "spell not added to ref".

I will check with the console to make sure since I haven't tried to run the HasSpell with any other spellid to confirm.

What is the message exactly? The one from LoversTrueCrimeEx .

The Spell ID.  And sure it is a LoversTrueCrimeEx spell?

But I use LoversTrueCrimeEx  and when I open the console I don't see any "Spell: X not found on Player"   lines , neither at the start of the game nor later in the game every few minutes.

What happens if you add the missing spell with console?

Spell '[Lovers] Bounty Hunter: a reward' not found in <character>.
Spell '[Lovers] Bounty Hunter: a reward (debug)' not found in <character>.
Spell '[Lovers] Bounty Hunter: verify award (debug)' not found in <character>.

I added the spells with the console and as soon as the script ran again they were all removed, so the message showed "removed from" instead of "not found in" and after that it resumed the "not found" messages.

[Lovers] Bounty Hunter: a reward : aaaPayHeadSpell , ID: 02ED58
[Lovers] Bounty Hunter: a reward (debug) :aaaAddCrimeGoldSpell , ID: 038A4D
[Lovers] Bounty Hunter: verify award (debug) : aaaCheckCrimeGoldSpell , ID: 038A50

Trying to run the HasSpell command with any spell won't show anything on the console, it will tell me if I input an invalid ID but if I put a correct one, it just goes blank.

That are the spells from the script you posted in the first Post:

During the "quest" the spell you are added and removed , depends on whether you have a bandit head or not, whether you have received the reward,...

I don't know why the mod creator used spells and no token items to handle/control the quest .

But I don't know why it is added every few minutes in the console.

But maybe it is normal. Maybe the quest starts when you chop the first bandit head. And then the spell check and the console entries starts.  I have not chopped a Bandit head in my game yet.

---------------------

The console spell check

Have you used the right ID  ?   

aaaPayHeadSpell , ID: 02ED58     That is not the full ID ! Only 6 of the  8 numbers.  You have to add the load order ID ( see  Oblivion Modmanager )

If the Mod is at position 107 after the Oblivion esm it would be

6B02ED58

Yes, I made sure to add the right ones with the Load order ID, if I hadn't they wouldn't have been added or removed.

I have never chopped a bandit's head on my save file, I have enabled the "headcutting" spell and disabled once during this save, but to make sure this wasn't just stuck with my save I started a new game and the same happens.

Maybe I could simply change the value of the short TrueCrimeExDebug somehow? I don't want to break anything, so I'm not sure of that.

I think the spells are only used for the head cutting so you can try to removethe script.  Only if you never want to use the head cutting function !

Not the script or you get new error messages

Change the script

Spoiler

short TrueCrimeExDebug

Yes, that's all that should be left in the script.  Compile and save with CS with OBSE ( CS Extender 81 )

Never use the "headcutting" spell .

The dialog that was in the script will never be added  ( player.AddTopic aaaPayForHead )

If there are no other scripts with the 3 spells ( aaaPayHeadSpell , aaaAddCrimeGoldSpell , aaaCheckCrimeGoldSpell ) you should get any messages.

The short TrueCrimeExDebug is used in some dialogs and the CS will report error if you delete the short.

Dialogs you will never use without the head cutting function . When you talk to guards to get the bounty.

5 hours ago, LostData751 said:

. . . but to make sure this wasn't just stuck with my save I started a new game and the same happens.

If you stared a new game and not used the "headcutting" spell  then we have the same initial situation in our games.

But in my game I do not have the console message. 

None of my mods repeat anything over and over in the console.  During sex I get console entries. Joburg stalkers add messages ( when they start and stop stalking ). Lovers Hookers add messages when a customer is interested or his interest ends.  Tamaog/hiyoko add a message when player or NPC change the preg body.

But all only once or when it happens. No repeating messages.

----------------------

The script "aaaCutHeadInitQuestScript" is a quest script.

You can delete the script in the quest.   But then you don't have the short TrueCrimeExDebug   and you have errors everywhere the short is used.

Maybe that does not matter/cause problems because that are all things of the headcutting" quest you don't use.

I would change the script  if you never want to use the head cutting function !

I wonder what else is causing the messages on my console to happen then, maybe it's not a TrueCrimeEx issue, maybe it's a setting I have enabled?

Do you get console messages if you try to add any other speel from any other mod with the console? Do you get a message if you try to add a spell you already have?

My computer was broken some weeks ago, after repairing and Windows new installation I finally installed Oblivion again.

When I add a spell I already have I get the console message

ScreenShot511.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I use the Spell :

[Lovers] Bounty Hunter: power (on / off)

I do NOT get a console message.  But I get a spell (Ability)   Headhunting

When I cut a head I do NOT get a console message.

So the Mod does not add console messages.  Only Message  and Message boxes  windows not in the console.

Sure you use the LAPF version?
https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/203-lovers-true-crime-extended-lapf-version/

I made some tests

The TrueCrimeExDebug = 0 and is never changed.

ScreenShot513.jpg

I delete the script entry in the quest "aaaCutHeadInitQuest"  and I delete the quest script "aaaCutHeadInitQuestScript"

The I checked for error with TES4Edit

TrueEx2.jpg

No errors.

The "TrueCrimeExDebug" script variale is not used in other scripts or in dialogs. So it is not changed.

You can change it with console if you do not have the spells ( But you should never do it because the script always check if you have the spell )

The script

Spoiler

short TrueCrimeExDebug    <<< is it  0

Begin GameMode || gameLoad || gameRestarted        <<< runs when the game is  loaded, restarted and during the whole game.

player.AddTopic aaaPayForHead    <<<<  this dialog is always added

if TrueCrimeExDebug == 2       <<<<  only runs if you change the  TrueCrimeExDebug with the console to 2
    if player.HasSpell aaaPayHeadSpell == 0
        player.addSpell aaaPayHeadSpell
    endif
    if player.HasSpell aaaAddCrimeGoldSpell == 0
        player.addSpell aaaAddCrimeGoldSpell
    endif
else
    player.RemoveSpell aaaPayHeadSpell  <<< only debug spell you don't need
    player.RemoveSpell aaaAddCrimeGoldSpell    <<< only debug spell you don't need
endif
if TrueCrimeExDebug == 1   <<<< only runs if you change TrueCrimeExDebug with the console to 1
    if player.HasSpell aaaCheckCrimeGoldSpell == 0
        player.addSpell aaaCheckCrimeGoldSpell
    endif
else
    player.RemoveSpell aaaCheckCrimeGoldSpell     <<< only debug spell you don't need
endif
if player.HasSpell aaaReloadSpell == 0    <<< here the script always checks if you have the spell. If not it add the spell
    player.addSpell aaaReloadSpell   ; << the spell to start / stop the head cut quest
endif

End

##############################################################################################

So you can change ths script

-------------------------------------

short TrueCrimeExDebug

Begin  gameLoad || gameRestarted     ; << delete the GameMode. so the script does not always run

player.AddTopic aaaPayForHead    ; << the  dialog to get the bounty

if player.HasSpell aaaReloadSpell == 0
    player.addSpell aaaReloadSpell   ; << the spell to start / stop the head cut quest
endif

End

-----------------------------------------------------------------

compile script with CS with OBSE (or  CS Extender )

I hope now you do not get the console entries about added spells