Could something similar be done with armour rating instead ? so that the slots filled would add a armour rating set in a mcm, would be such a useful way to use with cloths mods and devious devices, would not expect it to be done for free.

2 minutes ago, matt66 said:

Could something similar be done with armour rating instead ? so that the slots filled would add a armour rating set in a mcm, would be such a useful way to use with cloths mods and devious devices, would not expect it to be done for free.

The way Focus Pokus works is the script tells a spell what level to set the spells magnitude. 

But that spell just activates a magic effect and if you look in xEdit under the magic effect you see it adds MagickaRateMult

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.cd666e80b7b465d8ba174c967b000638.png

But it could just as easily add anything. As long as it was an actor value which while armor factor itself is not one of those, Damage resistance is. Which would basically have the same impact. The only issue would be figuring out the scale. 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.61a2eae4b50f4bb34f134375035eea75.png

1 hour ago, Corsayr said:

But it could just as easily add anything. As long as it was an actor value which while armor factor itself is not one of those, Damage resistance is. Which would basically have the same impact. The only issue would be figuring out the scale. 

So does that mean you can do that and now just need be persuaded to to it ? ;)

1 hour ago, tuxagent7 said:

Please help Obiwan what coul;d be the fix ?

Can you check if your character has the spell _FOC_FocusSpell

And that global _FOC_SlotsPc changes when you change equipment. 'help _FOC_Slots'

You'll need to exit the inventory and wait 2/3 seconds for the global to change

Edit: Ah ok.

<snip>

SUPER alpha. I'd appreciate testing/feedback.

- Added slot descriptions for easier set up

- Added slot 'weight'. Make certain slots more important than others. Makes sense that body would be most important. 

- Focus spell is now 5 tiers of 20% instead of 4 tiers of 25% for more gradual increases. Might need to be increased further. 

39 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Focus Pokus v1.3 (10-Mar-2020).7z 10.53 kB · 1 download

SUPER alpha. I'd appreciate testing/feedback.

- Added slot descriptions for easier set up

- Added slot 'weight'. Make certain slots more important than others. Makes sense that body would be most important. 

- Focus spell is now 5 tiers of 20% instead of 4 tiers of 25% for more gradual increases. Might need to be increased further. 

works great!

For a second I thought it was having problems recalculating when you take off the 32 slot item, but it turns out it wasn't recalculating because of SLS's half naked cover object ?

I am not sure how I feel about that... on the one hand it is nice that it is intuitive enough to adapt to allowing the half naked cover mechanic to serve as a top... which it should... on the other hand I feel like I would rather that didn't work...

I am totally torn on that ?

But then I guess that is not a new issue and it has probably always been like that and i never noticed so... meh I guess it is fine the way it is.

I guess the real question is for the SLS guy...

Should the half naked cover object have the armorclothing keyword? 

10 hours ago, Corsayr said:

Should the half naked cover object have the armorclothing keyword?

Yes. Otherwise it's a bit pointless. Many mods would revert to considering the PC as completely naked. Which is neither true or fully untrue. Bit of a grey area. But if I have to choose between both I'm definitely on the 'not naked' side. 

IMO FP should just completely ignore half naked cover. In my head, you'd set your bra and panty slots to give what, ~40% of the coverage of a full body outfit and ignore half naked cover. So something like weights: 

Slot 32: 10 (if is half naked cover then 0)

Slot 49: 2

Slot 56; 2

Side point:

Ideally it'd be great to encourage wearing underwear in addition to clothes right? But alas the great underwear handling problem is one skyrim has grappled with since it's conception. How to stop it clipping with every armor? Afraid I don't have an answer for that. I'd prefer that underwear is visible instead of hiding it whenever clothes are equipped. There's something sexy about seeing bra/panty straps under/around clothes.

So IMO wearing underwear in addition to clothes should be encouraged and would further increase focus. This is already possible I'm sure. 

Back on track:

Which then leads to the question of how to handle half naked cover. Do I just hard code it and be done with it or do I go further and start adding some configurability....

What about slutty clothes? Shouldn't you be less comfortable walking around looking like a whore? Of course you should IMO. 

What about heels? Also uncomfortable, right? I wouldn't know :P

What about manually covering yourself when naked? Does that afford some focus? Seems like it'd be a good reason to motivate you to cover yourself.

What about devious devices? Should they have modifiers?

And now at this point you're opening up more scope for FP. What if your coverage required to reach 100% regeneration wasn't always set in stone at 100% coverage..... What if it is influenced by what you wear on a regular basis? After-all FP is all about how comfortable your PC is in her little outfit right? And now you've just bought a bikini licence and are forced to walk about town in slutty clothes and wear heels. But after a few days maybe it's not so bad, right? And now you're comfortable in your skimpy little outfit and heels. But once again you're robbed and left naked. Eventually you stumble on some farm clothes and boots. But now that you're used to your skimpy outfits and heels you find these clothes and boots much less comfortable and so your focus isn't as high as it would be with something a little.... lighter. 

Maybe you haven't worn underwear for a few days and now you feel it's ok to go without them. Maybe wearing underwear now actually bothers you...

I'm back to MsPaint planning. You in the beginning of your adventure: 

FP1.jpg.16b9e3ab24c8c96b33943494d274efbd.jpg

You after some days of being forced to wear a bikini and heels without any underwear, so that wearing more actually starts to hurt regen: 

FP2.jpg.9ca4e8c002689a5ef9a34fb4088d31ef.jpg

I'm sure Lupine would have an appropriate faction for you to give your character an attribute to track... Exhibitionist probably?

Dunno if I'll do it. But it's food for thought. 

1 hour ago, Monoman1 said:

But alas the great underwear handling problem is one skyrim has grappled with since it's conception. How to stop it clipping with every armor?

That is not the only problem. Getting the boobs and a bra to work together when the bra is not also providing the body is doable but fraught with potential problems. Which is why it doesn't happen very often.

2 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

IMO FP should just completely ignore half naked cover.

You could add an exception in focus pokus to ignore items keyworded with sexlab no strip. That would prevent DD items too. ?

What about slutty clothes? Shouldn't you be less comfortable walking around looking like a whore? Of course you should IMO. 

What about heels? Also uncomfortable, right? I wouldn't know :P

What about manually covering yourself when naked? Does that afford some focus? Seems like it'd be a good reason to motivate you to cover yourself.

What about devious devices? Should they have modifiers?

All good questions, and great potential features. ?

I suppose I would be remiss to my customers if I didn't at least ask if making what buff you get from focus pokus configurable. (several people have asked if it can be used to buff something other than magicka regen mult. Which is easy enough to change in xEdit, but you know how people are. ?)

And now at this point you're opening up more scope for FP. What if your coverage required to reach 100% regeneration wasn't always set in stone at 100% coverage..... What if it is influenced by what you wear on a regular basis? After-all FP is all about how comfortable your PC is in her little outfit right? And now you've just bought a bikini licence and are forced to walk about town in slutty clothes and wear heels. But after a few days maybe it's not so bad, right? And now you're comfortable in your skimpy little outfit and heels. But once again you're robbed and left naked. Eventually you stumble on some farm clothes and boots. But now that you're used to your skimpy outfits and heels you find these clothes and boots much less comfortable and so your focus isn't as high as it would be with something a little.... lighter. 

You really really hate doing sound files don't you? ?

Just kidding, these are great ideas I love it. ? But how do you do it? essentially it will only know bikini/naked/not bikini or naked.

May even be effected by will power? Less will power you have the less comfortable you feel? (always looking for more WP tie ins) ?

all this would have to be soft, and configurable since it would require things like SLS to get the bikini keyword or DFC for will power etc. 

Yeah ! Works great !

The mod keeps getting better than Evvvvvvva :)

Like the new 5 steps progression

And you have solved my problem with the weight features

I wanted to have a easy number to calculate the progression and with the weight i can put more weight for a item without having to add more slots

2 weight for 32-33-37 and 1 for each of the jewelry slot to a 10

Thanks !

57 minutes ago, Whizkid said:

when i click on check slots is it designed not to show the armor slots, cause i get just a message box which shows up as empty, was thinking that it will show all armor slots currently being equiped by player.

It does, but first you have to tell it what slots to track on the second tab. It will only check those selected slots.

55 minutes ago, nebellious said:

I'd like to put a general question out to field:
What do you think is the best armor damage type mod and why?

Additionally, what mods would you pair with this?

Ideally this mod is meant to be paired with mods that damage and destroy the equipment you are wearing. There is a brief list in the recommended mods section on the front page, but I personally use Breakable Equipment System

It tracks every slot (unlike one of the more popular ones like loot and degradation)

Unfortunately it is only for SE and can't be back ported. For LE I used to use Bikini Armor Break but that requires some xEdit work if you want to get it to work on anything other than TAWOBA. Not very hard work, but it does require a minimal knowledge of xEdit functions. My NINI armor break batch was designed to work with that. But it requires the patreon only version for some of the more advanced features like battle damaged armor. (it will work on the basic free version though)

Also if some of these changes MM1 is talking about happen FP will probably have a soft tie in with Sexlab Survival. (LE version) but that would be future stuff. ?