[SDV] Devious Valley (Updated for 1.5.6+)

28 minutes ago, SirPug said:

Hey im back sorry. i tried a few multiple things this time around including a fresh reinstall of both the game and all of the mods. i reinstalled them one by one and loaded up the game to see if it would crash after a certain time or event. The game didnt crash when i had installed all of the necessary mods, the ones not apart of the DV pack, but it did start crashing when i installed mods from the DV pack. I downloaded them one by one and tested them out of the lewis intro scene. the first few times they were crashes due to me missing necessary parts which i believe for this situation being "NSFW Sounds","FreshCumItems", "UndaresProstitution", "UndareNpcHelpers" and "DeviousContent". After those were installed it was crashing as per usual after/during the sex scene. i know this doesnt give much, if any info, to help out but it seems like the crashes are linked to the prostitution part of the mod for me. Another side thing I noticed is that when I was missing files It would crash and SMAPI would give me a crash report but with my issue it isn’t doing that. It’s crashing but not giving me a crash report which tells me that it’s like force closing itself somehow or something. Again im sorry and thankyou for your help and time. 

https://smapi.io/log/04adfaf41ac747a1ba6f7926aac04664

Hunting these invisible problems is a bit complicated.

One of the things i noticed was after some updates of the big frameworks and Smapi.

They are preparing a big update for the Upcoming Stardew 1.5.5

And they have been making changes accordingly to make the transition "Smooth"

So i want to believe, one of those transition changes, is the one causing these odd issues.

My second lead in your case is...  i see the log stops when reading Lewis sex sprites on :

[CP]UndareNpcHelpers\assets\Image

Both :

Lewis_SexChar

And

Lewis_Dcore

(Maybe be worth checking if those are doing ok there?)

The thing stressing me is... I have the same updates as you and i can´t replicate it.

So.. lets do something... more complex as last resource.

Install all the required files, both, frameworks and all the Devious Valley Modpack

Run the game, and do stuff until it crashes.

At this point.. 2 things :

-Make a log of it  Its for me but, you can check it if you are runing the mods with everything needed.

If everything looks correct, then

-Enter to this page, and .rar/.zip ALL your Mods folder...  everything on it!

Frameworks, mods, etc.

https://catbox.moe/

(So, i expect 2 things, the log and the link to the packed files)

I´ll run the game with your Mod files if can replicate the issue,, if not.. then is something else on your system. temp files, game files, cache, antivirus, Vortex laughing in the shadows...

This is our last shot before the "Let´s wait until 1.5.5 releases"

Really want to see your problem solved.

1 hour ago, amenoringo said:

Sir. May I ask you how to repeat the event that some guy in hidden place asks me whether slave or master? 

i just click the normal answer but i wonder other options. 

You can start a new save file and try the same event right away.

Don´t worry, there is no progression tied to that event, (Yet)

And when i add any, the answer choice on that event won´t affect it. So you are good to try it on one file, and continue on your other file.

Glad you are interested on that Cave ;)

Edited by undare
18 minutes ago, undare said:

You can start a new save file and try the same event right away.

Don´t worry, there is no progression tied to that event, (Yet)

And when i add any, the answer choice on that event won´t affect it. So you are good to try it on one file, and continue on your other file.

Glad you are interested on that Cave ;)

Thank you, l really enjoy your mod! 

20 hours ago, undare said:

Hunting these invisible problems is a bit complicated.

One of the things i noticed was after some updates of the big frameworks and Smapi.

They are preparing a big update for the Upcoming Stardew 1.5.5

And they have been making changes accordingly to make the transition "Smooth"

So i want to believe, one of those transition changes, is the one causing these odd issues.

My second lead in your case is...  i see the log stops when reading Lewis sex sprites on :

[CP]UndareNpcHelpers\assets\Image

Both :

Lewis_SexChar

And

Lewis_Dcore

(Maybe be worth checking if those are doing ok there?)

The thing stressing me is... I have the same updates as you and i can´t replicate it.

So.. lets do something... more complex as last resource.

Install all the required files, both, frameworks and all the Devious Valley Modpack

Run the game, and do stuff until it crashes.

At this point.. 2 things :

-Make a log of it  Its for me but, you can check it if you are runing the mods with everything needed.

If everything looks correct, then

-Enter to this page, and .rar/.zip ALL your Mods folder...  everything on it!

Frameworks, mods, etc.

https://catbox.moe/

(So, i expect 2 things, the log and the link to the packed files)

I´ll run the game with your Mod files if can replicate the issue,, if not.. then is something else on your system. temp files, game files, cache, antivirus, Vortex laughing in the shadows...

This is our last shot before the "Let´s wait until 1.5.5 releases"

Really want to see your problem solved.

alrighty. first i'd like to just say if this is stressing you out please feel free to just take a break from it or something. im just one person who isnt able to play the mod as long as everyone else can it's all good. The first link is the mods that i have installed as per your request. The second one is a video of the crash that i have mainly been experiencing. i figured i'd send it to you for some context as to what's going on. the third link is another video of a crash i recently found where for some reason spamming the randomise character button causes it to crash as well which i wasn't able to replicate without the DV pack installed. apart from that you mentioned potentially being my antivirus or something else on my PC. i've checked my anti-virus and firewall and both aren't blocking stardew valley or anything related to it from what i can see. is there anything you suggest doing there at all? i hope this helps at all and if nothing comes of this i thankyou for your time and help and i hope that the 1.5.5 release fixes it. thankyou and sorry 
https://files.catbox.moe/wxys09.rar
https://files.catbox.moe/k96oqd.mp4
https://files.catbox.moe/67v925.mp4
https://smapi.io/log/89dc31579a174db3b6c09d1e30102631

2 hours ago, SirPug said:

alrighty. first i'd like to just say if this is stressing you out please feel free to just take a break from it or something. im just one person who isnt able to play the mod as long as everyone else can it's all good. The first link is the mods that i have installed as per your request. The second one is a video of the crash that i have mainly been experiencing. i figured i'd send it to you for some context as to what's going on. the third link is another video of a crash i recently found where for some reason spamming the randomise character button causes it to crash as well which i wasn't able to replicate without the DV pack installed. apart from that you mentioned potentially being my antivirus or something else on my PC. i've checked my anti-virus and firewall and both aren't blocking stardew valley or anything related to it from what i can see. is there anything you suggest doing there at all? i hope this helps at all and if nothing comes of this i thankyou for your time and help and i hope that the 1.5.5 release fixes it. thankyou and sorry 
https://files.catbox.moe/wxys09.rar
https://files.catbox.moe/k96oqd.mp4
https://files.catbox.moe/67v925.mp4
https://smapi.io/log/89dc31579a174db3b6c09d1e30102631

This is helpful, thanks!

Just tried to run the game with your files only.. it does work

Tried the event like in the video, with the same choices, and it worked.

So, this led me to believe, its something related the game installation/Smapi/Software intercepting like ativiruses or.. .net framework (Component to run Smapi)

2 things to try :

1-

Run Smapi directly on your Stardew Folder 

My path to it is :  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley

Then run "StardewModdingAPI.exe" Directly 

And see if problems persist. (This is to discard Steam as the issue)

2-

There is a suggestion about a bad installation of .Net Framework (Component needed to run Smapi.)

So I´ll leave you a page with the steps to check for that aside other common problems.

https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:Player_Guide/Troubleshooting#Game_doesn.27t_launch

Those are my last suggestions.

If the problem persists, we could try to isolate it further (By making a single mod with a custom item, on an event, playing a sound)

The crash happens just before you get a Custom item in an event, so if we can replicate that with one super simpre test mod, then you can ask help with the Framework Gods

(And i would get insight on this type of issue).

So again, if those steps above doesn´t work,

come to my Discord

https://discord.gg/aqyP2XYQFR

And Dm so we can test the issue further. :) 

(I Had like 7 similar reports this past month.. so i am worry they keep coming or getting worse.)

Just installed all the mods and optional mods. Plus some other mods like Automate and Cheat Mod and everything works well on the latest patch! (I think 1.5.4). Just wanted to say this is an amazing modpack! ❤️ Just played a little bit of it so far, but am loving it. Looking forwards to all the hours of gameplay this gives haha.

16 hours ago, undare said:

This is helpful, thanks!

Just tried to run the game with your files only.. it does work

Tried the event like in the video, with the same choices, and it worked.

So, this led me to believe, its something related the game installation/Smapi/Software intercepting like ativiruses or.. .net framework (Component to run Smapi)

2 things to try :

1-

Run Smapi directly on your Stardew Folder 

My path to it is :  C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stardew Valley

Then run "StardewModdingAPI.exe" Directly 

And see if problems persist. (This is to discard Steam as the issue)

2-

There is a suggestion about a bad installation of .Net Framework (Component needed to run Smapi.)

So I´ll leave you a page with the steps to check for that aside other common problems.

https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:Player_Guide/Troubleshooting#Game_doesn.27t_launch

Those are my last suggestions.

If the problem persists, we could try to isolate it further (By making a single mod with a custom item, on an event, playing a sound)

The crash happens just before you get a Custom item in an event, so if we can replicate that with one super simpre test mod, then you can ask help with the Framework Gods

(And i would get insight on this type of issue).

So again, if those steps above doesn´t work,

come to my Discord

https://discord.gg/aqyP2XYQFR

And Dm so we can test the issue further. :) 

(I Had like 7 similar reports this past month.. so i am worry they keep coming or getting worse.)

i've tried running the game through SMAPI and the problem still persists i even tried to unlink SMAPI from steam and then launched through SMAPI and sadly the issue is still there. you mentioned updating or an issue with my .Net framework but im probably dumb here but i dont believe there is anything i can do there. i tried downloading the version the wiki says to but that version sadly doesnt run on windows 10 and if i do try it says i already have a more up to date version and refuses to download. i even tried to download the most recent version and it says the same thing so im not quite sure what to do there sorry. 

13 minutes ago, SirPug said:

i've tried running the game through SMAPI and the problem still persists i even tried to unlink SMAPI from steam and then launched through SMAPI and sadly the issue is still there. you mentioned updating or an issue with my .Net framework but im probably dumb here but i dont believe there is anything i can do there. i tried downloading the version the wiki says to but that version sadly doesnt run on windows 10 and if i do try it says i already have a more up to date version and refuses to download. i even tried to download the most recent version and it says the same thing so im not quite sure what to do there sorry. 

Well, i ran out of possible fixes (

My guess would be something to with the recent updates. (Or an anti-virus?)

The problem can´t be the mods (Since i ran all your mod´s folder on my pc, and it worked perfectly.)

So, we may have to wait until the next official update for sdv comes out "1.5.5"

As i suggested, please do come to my server. If that update doesn´t fix the issue, we could try other different things.

I am sorry that is happening to you, but as a content creator (And not a programmer) i can´t help you further than that.

Last thing i would suggest, is to play the game with other mods. (Not NSFW ones)

If your crashing persists on common mods, it would be easier to report your case to the Smapi Dev on Nexus.

3 hours ago, undare said:

Well, i ran out of possible fixes (

My guess would be something to with the recent updates. (Or an anti-virus?)

The problem can´t be the mods (Since i ran all your mod´s folder on my pc, and it worked perfectly.)

So, we may have to wait until the next official update for sdv comes out "1.5.5"

As i suggested, please do come to my server. If that update doesn´t fix the issue, we could try other different things.

I am sorry that is happening to you, but as a content creator (And not a programmer) i can´t help you further than that.

Last thing i would suggest, is to play the game with other mods. (Not NSFW ones)

If your crashing persists on common mods, it would be easier to report your case to the Smapi Dev on Nexus.

It’s all good. I’ll definitely join your server and keep messing around with it in the mean time. If I find anything I’ll make sure to let you know. Again thankyou for your time and help. 

Edited by SirPug
12 hours ago, Higuresnow said:

So uh...what's up with Vincent and Jas (ya know the children...) being included in the list of npcs that likes the fresh cum items as a gift?

Ugh, I didn´t know how to do the likes/dislikes on the files, so i literaly copy-pase the whole code snippet from a sample mod.

Same applies to the frat Dudes likes/dislikes.. they are the same because it was copy pasted.

Making npcs is.. difficult. Still patching stuff to this day.

i´ll try to find those items and erase the entries. should be reflected on the next update.

Also people can see this WIP work on

Mods\[CP]DeviousValley\[CP]DeviousContent\assets\Consecuences

A file called :

MalesOnly.json

It does 2 things.

1- Erase all entries for the females AND the kids (Schedules, Dialogues, Portraits, Sprites, gift tastes, everything) <--Taking me a hard ass work time/effort to code all of that as shown in the whole file

2- Make the rooms of those NPCs sealed in darkness, and erased. (This is an Overkill move, but still, no signs of those npcs ever having a room.)

Getting rid of the children is a priority since always.

They have no prupose other than  justify Penny's schedule on the Valley. and yuck.. kids..

So yeah,, begone with those little S%$#s!

14 hours ago, undare said:

Also people can see this WIP work on

Mods\[CP]DeviousValley\[CP]DeviousContent\assets\Consecuences

A file called :

MalesOnly.json

It does 2 things.

1- Erase all entries for the females AND the kids (Schedules, Dialogues, Portraits, Sprites, gift tastes, everything) <--Taking me a hard ass work time/effort to code all of that as shown in the whole file

2- Make the rooms of those NPCs sealed in darkness, and erased. (This is an Overkill move, but still, no signs of those npcs ever having a room.)

Getting rid of the children is a priority since always.

They have no prupose other than  justify Penny's schedule on the Valley. and yuck.. kids..

So yeah,, begone with those little S%$#s!

Oh ok, i didn't know it was that complicated lol But maybe have an option to keep or get rid of them? They do provide a bonus to selling spring onions when you get both to 8 hearts, but that only really matters for filling out your perks/getting a small amount of extra money in the spring

I did figure it was just an oversight or something else, i ddin't mean for my comment about it to come off as rude or anything.

Edited by Higuresnow
2 minutes ago, Higuresnow said:

Oh ok, i didn't know it was that complicated lol But maybe have an option to keep or get rid of them? They do provide a bonus to selling spring onions when you get both to 8 hearts, but that only really matters for filling out your perks/getting a small amount of extra money in the spring

A curious thing about that..

I wasted a a day of work trying to erase all Vincent events.. because i didn´t know Concerned Ape did something super dirty that other modders didn´t knew..}

The Spring Onion event on Vincent & Jas, is Hardcoded, if you remove it, the game crashes hard.

The only solution i came with was reducing the event to a 2 seconds skippable event with a quick fade to black, or changing entirely with another stuff (Like maybe Linus sharing that Knowledge, not even animated, just a text on a black bacground..).

But yeah, The Spring Onion thing is forced, or we have it, or game crashes x_x

Another suggested idea was to make a new town (Thing i am super considering!), so i leave females and kids on the Valley town, while the men start moving to the new Town for "Mysetrious reasons".

We have options, its just me being the only code guy doing content, updates, anims, art, fixes, dialogue etc. (That takes time and resources)

btw, did an update with the removed gift tastes yesterday

The sad thing is: even with those removed entries we can´t prevent ANY gifts from being gifted.. so weirdos could still be weirdos.. if you know what i mean.

Hope you are having a good day!

23 hours ago, undare said:

A curious thing about that..

I wasted a a day of work trying to erase all Vincent events.. because i didn´t know Concerned Ape did something super dirty that other modders didn´t knew..}

The Spring Onion event on Vincent & Jas, is Hardcoded, if you remove it, the game crashes hard.

The only solution i came with was reducing the event to a 2 seconds skippable event with a quick fade to black, or changing entirely with another stuff (Like maybe Linus sharing that Knowledge, not even animated, just a text on a black bacground..).

But yeah, The Spring Onion thing is forced, or we have it, or game crashes x_x

Another suggested idea was to make a new town (Thing i am super considering!), so i leave females and kids on the Valley town, while the men start moving to the new Town for "Mysetrious reasons".

We have options, its just me being the only code guy doing content, updates, anims, art, fixes, dialogue etc. (That takes time and resources)

btw, did an update with the removed gift tastes yesterday

The sad thing is: even with those removed entries we can´t prevent ANY gifts from being gifted.. so weirdos could still be weirdos.. if you know what i mean.

Hope you are having a good day!

It crashing the game if you try to remove it is actually hilarious. A new town would be super interesting idea.

I understand that being the only one working on it is like a huge burden/undertaking. I really do enjoy all the devious valley stuff and i've had it installed every time i replay the game(about 4 replays all to 100% at this point). So i just hope you can keep doing it because you like it and don't get burnt out on it. It's just really nice to have adult content for once in a game people really enjoy even if it's a mod.

Also thanks for the update! ❤️

5 hours ago, LordPokekage99 said:

Hey, I'm loving the mod so far! I was just wondering which portrait mods could be compatible with this mod pack, if any (forgive me I am a noob at modding).

I really love this art style https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/4745, and was wondering of there is any chance of using these in the non-sexual portions

That is a bit tricky.

Those can be used, but they need to be coded, (Not just replaced) 

Mostly because those need a framework called Portraiture, it uses a different method of patching.

On this path :

Mods\[CP]DeviousValley\[CP]UndareNpcHelpers\assets\Image

You can find all the Sexual portaits used on sex events. would be as easy as replace them with other same sized ones.

But again, those HD ones need another patching method, I CAN DO IT, but i don´t have permission to.

And i doubt i will, since most authors don´t want their creations Lewd (its worst if the lewding is gay oriented).

This is a silly workaround you could try...

You could take one of those HD portraits on the link you sent me, and "Downscale" it to the stardard size for portraits on stardew "64x64 per frame" 128x(512 or more)  

Normaly those hd portraits are a multiplied base of 64. 128, 256, 512 etc.

Ofc, they won´t reflect the npcs being naked and the quality will be a bit less. But its something if you want to try it.

(Just be sure to fill up all the spaces and save your work, since new updates of this modpack WILL overwrite any user made ones.)

Again, it would be an HONOR to do compat with those portraits.. but i have my hands tied.

I have been adding recently more HD portrait colaborations form other nsfw artists, will be avalible on the next update :) 

2 hours ago, LordPokekage99 said:

Hey!

I seem to be having a strange glitch in the Frat where when I enter Brandon's room the game just freezes and nothing happens until I forcibly close the game

Could be a missing requirement.

Could you send me a log?

If you are on pc :

https://smapi.io/log

Follow those instructions and send me the resultink link.

11 hours ago, LordPokekage99 said:

Here is the log  https://smapi.io/log/4be449cc84394a5ca1dae51fbd92f765

OK.

I am not finding issues with Brandon directly.

But your log have some issues that needs to be adressed.

It seems there is a conflict with The portraits of Demetrius and Shane (On this version of the modpack)

They both are conflicting with "HornyBacherlors" portraits. Just for those 2 cases.

And it seems is something related to the HD portraits.

So, at this point, i would suggest to remove Horny Bachelors (Just for the sake of testing) and check if the problem persists.

The other error is related to the copy of the game not running through steam. (When you install smapi, there is a message in green letters on how to set up SDV throug steam)

Not sure if that would fix the issue but sometimes fixing stuff like that does.

i´ll check if i can add some compatibility patches with horny bachelors, so players wont have to choose.

So try that, and if the problem persist

Replicate the same steps of the crash on the game, and send me a new log right after. (Since the log reflect the last thing you did within the game)

• 2 weeks later...

On 11/16/2021 at 4:33 PM, undare said:

OK.

Não estou encontrando problemas com Brandon diretamente.

Mas seu log tem alguns problemas que precisam ser resolvidos.

Parece que há um conflito com Os retratos de Demetrius e Shane (nesta versão do modpack)

Ambos estão em conflito com os retratos de "HornyBacherlors". Apenas para esses 2 casos.

E parece que é algo relacionado aos retratos HD.

Portanto, neste ponto, eu sugiro remover o Horny Bachelors (apenas para fins de teste) e verificar se o problema persiste.

O outro erro está relacionado à cópia do jogo que não está rodando no Steam. (Quando você instala o smapi, há uma mensagem em letras verdes sobre como configurar o SDV através do Steam)

Não tenho certeza se isso resolveria o problema, mas às vezes consertar coisas como essa corrige.

Vou verificar se posso adicionar alguns patches de compatibilidade com solteiros excitados, para que os jogadores não tenham que escolher.

Então tente isso, e se o problema persistir

Replique os mesmos passos da falha no jogo e envie-me um novo log logo em seguida. (Uma vez que o registro reflete a última coisa que você fez no jogo)

1 hour ago, Bryanzaito39 said:

If i understood correctly..  Its about the HD portraits conflicting with Horny Bachelors.

AND YES! they are!-

I have ready an update with a compatibility patch for that, so the users can play with both mods installed.

That issue was reported to me recently by other users, so thats why i didn´t make a hotfix right away.

So yeah,, I do plan to deploy an update soon-ish,

Meanwhile, sorry for the inconvenience.

The "running the game through steam" is optional, but recomended.