[SDV] Devious Valley (Updated for 1.5.6+)

I'm only just beginnig the playthrough and so far it's a really nice mod Undare! I think Alex is going to be my favourite?.

I am wondering if it would be possible for you to make the events with Sam optional? I am very uncomfortable with the thought that the poor guy is basically mind controlled to be raped and forced to prostitute himself, with the hero profiteering from it ?. If you have the capacity to add it - maybe the hero could take his place in serving the boys or something along this line?

16 hours ago, Valkynaz said:

I'm only just beginnig the playthrough and so far it's a really nice mod Undare! I think Alex is going to be my favourite?.

I am wondering if it would be possible for you to make the events with Sam optional? I am very uncomfortable with the thought that the poor guy is basically mind controlled to be raped and forced to prostitute himself, with the hero profiteering from it ?. If you have the capacity to add it - maybe the hero could take his place in serving the boys or something along this line?

Glad you are liking the mod so far!

I would add that as optional, but right know is just insane the amount of work i have to do with the current projects and little time i have.

I know those events can be skipped tho.

The amount of custom requests i have to modify "X" but allow "N" but change "N" to look like "S".. Is just too much...  haha (Seriously, its INSANE!)

Again, is totally possible what you ask, its just, the process of adding and changing 1 feature over and over can be super tiresome and soul draining...

In the other hand (And i have said this before) :

If someone else with the knowledge to make those things optional and/or different wants to, i´ll super allow it

I´ll even merge it with the main project if their work is clean enough for it.

Sadly, in years i have been modding sdv and starbound, i only met a few gay modders and then they banished or loose interest.

So, its a bit dicey situation.

Sorry, and i hope i can bring other content you can fully enjoy in the future!

Cheers!

Fun mod. Made the slog of getting to the new SV content a lot more enjoyable.

Minor bug in the current version: When you meet Brandon in town and he asks to meet you on the beach, his dialogue bugs out (see image). The choices still work as expected, but it's confusing as heck the first time you see it.

Also, something to consider: maybe disable Kent's prostitution event once he's your slave. The dialogue between the farmer and Kent during it doesn't make much sense given the change in your relationship.

Thanks for the great mods.

frat_bug.jpg

12 hours ago, Wyvern65 said:

Fun mod. Made the slog of getting to the new SV content a lot more enjoyable.

Minor bug in the current version: When you meet Brandon in town and he asks to meet you on the beach, his dialogue bugs out (see image). The choices still work as expected, but it's confusing as heck the first time you see it.

Also, something to consider: maybe disable Kent's prostitution event once he's your slave. The dialogue between the farmer and Kent during it doesn't make much sense given the change in your relationship.

Thanks for the great mods.

frat_bug.jpg

Glad you are enjoying it!.

mmmm, The last patch was a big one focused on the dialogue of the npcs. Its not surprising something like that could happen.

I´ll look into it!  Thanks for letting me know!.

About the Kent one.  Yes, you are right on that one!.

I´ll make a conditional patch to prevent him from prostitute if you are his master.

(i´ll try to add maybe one more "fun" option with him if you are, to compensate)

Again, thanks!  and i´ll look into these things! 

Is there a way to have the devious valley stuff without the frat stuff? i love the interactions with people like willy and lewis but I personally don't enjoy the frat guy content and would rather the characters and area for it not be there, is there an option to separate them that I'm missing or something

1 hour ago, GrayMech said:

Is there a way to have the devious valley stuff without the frat stuff? i love the interactions with people like willy and lewis but I personally don't enjoy the frat guy content and would rather the characters and area for it not be there, is there an option to separate them that I'm missing or something

You can try removing the folder called NeoFratValley.

At some point during modding i came across a big problem where i would need "X" mods installed, or the whole modpack wouldn´t work.

And for some mods, there is just no option to turn them off individually, We just don´t have enough tools for that.

But yeah, try removing that folder and play in a new save file to test it.

Some many updates ago that was possible. But since the modpack has grow, i can´t say for sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a way to retrigger the event in the cave? I chose the "I'm just a farmer" option and he told me to GTFO. Went back repeatedly in the caves and it was empty. Felt like I missed out on a great event ? Really loving the mod, especially Marcus. Even though he's just a replacer you fleshed him out well and good. 

14 hours ago, coronablast said:

Is there a way to retrigger the event in the cave? I chose the "I'm just a farmer" option and he told me to GTFO. Went back repeatedly in the caves and it was empty. Felt like I missed out on a great event ? Really loving the mod, especially Marcus. Even though he's just a replacer you fleshed him out well and good. 

Good day or night @coronablast !

I am glad you are enjoying the mod! (More content to come (each month very likely))

About the cave event.. there is no way to re-play that event on "That" save file. 

But, you can create a quick new character and go to the cave just to see that even again (There is no conditions for that event to happen)

And yeah.. the dude on the cave loves comitment. If you choose neutrality you´ll piss him off XD 

Is just 1 event, there is no follow up stuff for his questline (yet).   

But yeah, you could get a glimpse of what that is about if you choose something else ;)

Hope you are dong well!

On 6/4/2021 at 12:39 PM, undare said:

Good day or night @coronablast !

I am glad you are enjoying the mod! (More content to come (each month very likely))

About the cave event.. there is no way to re-play that event on "That" save file. 

But, you can create a quick new character and go to the cave just to see that even again (There is no conditions for that event to happen)

And yeah.. the dude on the cave loves comitment. If you choose neutrality you´ll piss him off XD 

Is just 1 event, there is no follow up stuff for his questline (yet).   

But yeah, you could get a glimpse of what that is about if you choose something else ;)

Hope you are dong well!

Thank you for the response! Have a great day (or night)!

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sersdmflsm said:

The event happens once and ends.

I downloaded Eventrepeater but I don't know why.

Can you help me?

I need you to follow these simple steps on this page :

https://smapi.io/log

And send me back the resulting link. (So i can see what is the issue)

As a note: This modpack doesn´t support Android. The support i can give is for Pc users.

21 minutes ago, sersdmflsm said:

Sorry... you Uploaded the console text.. not the smapi log..

You should locate it in any of those 2 files in that adress on your pc :

image.png.d73560f012b82f8d48878ec9b02e6437.png

And then drag them to the small window on this page :

image.png.cb4b921b5d30f53865d0e767624865a8.png

I´ll be around to help you, so don´t rush it :) 

3 hours ago, sersdmflsm said:

Oh, I'm sorry I postied it wrong.

https://smapi.io/log/77f65293763c493b888cf0ee8cccce52

Ok, now this is the correct one!.

I don´t see any errors or missing parts (at first sight)

So,

Can you describe me what is the issue?

As a note :

-The Frat Valley events just play once.

-The Prostitution events that repeats only happen on that Npc house after 8pm. (Like Alex, Lewis, Sam, Willy, etc.. after 8pm at their houses.)

-The first Lewis introduction event just play once.

6 hours ago, sersdmflsm said:

The Prostitution events don't happen after 8 p.m at Npc house. every day...

Not even once?...

go to this location :

Stardew Valley\Mods\[CP]DeviousValley\[CP]UndaresProstitution

And check if there is a "Config.json" file (It can be opened with a text editor like Notepad+)

Open it and check if the npcs are set to "true".

That file is in charge of selecting wich npcs are avalible for prostitution after 8pm.

Sometimes... If users use a mod manager (Like vortex), the config files are not generated, and that is a big deal.

So, check if the config file exist

and check if inside that file the npcs are enabled (set to true)

Just now, DontAskDontTellq1324938 said:

Hey. so I just downloaded your mod to try out, and was the Sebastian Milking machine removed? I saw in the images but it isn't obtainable in the prof's shops. 

I am enjoying the rest of the mod so far, great job!

Good lord!,

You are right!

It seems i Deleted the Sebastian Entry to add the Wizard one...

Sadly I don´t plan to update soon, but i can leave here the fixed file (Need confirmation...)

Go to this path :

Mods\[CP]DeviousValley\[PFM]FratValleyMachines\[STF]FratValleyMachinesShop

And overwrite the shops.json

With this one

shops.rar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2021 at 11:14 AM, undare said:

Not even once?...

go to this location :

Stardew Valley\Mods\[CP]DeviousValley\[CP]UndaresProstitution

And check if there is a "Config.json" file (It can be opened with a text editor like Notepad+)

Open it and check if the npcs are set to "true".

That file is in charge of selecting wich npcs are avalible for prostitution after 8pm.

Sometimes... If users use a mod manager (Like vortex), the config files are not generated, and that is a big deal.

So, check if the config file exist

and check if inside that file the npcs are enabled (set to true)

Hey, I'm having a similar problem. 

But UndaresProstitution doesn't have a config.json file. I've tried redownloading, unzipping, and using different programs but the config.json file is always missing. The only 2 files in the folder are content.json and manifest.json.

3 hours ago, Doctorwhat4 said:

Hey, I'm having a similar problem. 

But UndaresProstitution doesn't have a config.json file. I've tried redownloading, unzipping, and using different programs but the config.json file is always missing. The only 2 files in the folder are content.json and manifest.json.

That issue moslty happens when you use a Mod Manager with Stardew Valley (Not recommended, since the config files is not always generate when you use those)

(As a note : The Config file always generates when you launch the game once with that mod installed/added. So its adiviced to add them, launch the game once and quit.)

I Suggest trying without the mod manager or...

Checking if the "Generic Mod Config Menu" mod works without a config file generated (needs confirmation)

If everything fails, i´ll leave you with the Config File of the Prostitution Mod :

Just unpack it inside that mod folder and edit it with a text editor:

config.rar

(It is not recommended since  new versions of the Mod/Modpack could add/remove options to the config

But at least will make the basic options work)

4 hours ago, NarfoxNya45 said:

hey i seem to be having a bit of trouble - it very well could just be user error! ? 

i cant find the place the frat boys are staying and im not really sure how to fix that

If you are on Pc

Follow these simple steps on this page, and send me back the resulting link

So i can see what the issue is