Gildoniel

True Immortal Cultivation for CK3 (WIP)

Hello everyone!

I am currently working on the CK3 version of my CK2 mod "True Immortal Cultivation".

I thought I could share the direction the whole thing is heading atm and ask for feedback.

Changes noted here will (hopefully) find their way into the CK2 version as well.

Based on the "True Immortal Cultivation" mod in CK2:
- Player, meeting the requirements, meets Immortal Wang in a random triggered event
  -> Immortal Wang offers to teach the player cultivation techniques and invites them to join Immortal Mountain (to start off with the Cultivator Dynasty - while there are no facilities yet)
  -> Immortal Wang will choose / "seed" several cultivators around the map, who will build up Immortal Dynasties and Sects (so that you are not alone and get in trouble when bullying mortals ;)

-> This will be the Cultivation Dynasty's "Ancestor", the first cultivator, who will then reform the Dynasty and build new infrastructure etc.

- Game changes:
  -> Spiritual Roots will be much rarer and upgrade super hard/limited. They can be inherited and the upgraded again.
  -> Severe failure in Tribulation or overdraft of power can lead to root degrading.

- New Buildings:
  -> Immortal Cave (enables: closed door cultivation) (lvl 1-4) (Mortal: x3, Earthly: x6, Heavenly: x9, Immortal: x12)
  -> Pill Hall (enables: alchemy - to craft & pills for sale) (lvl 1-4) (Mortal: mortal pills, Earthly: earthly pills, Heavenly: heavenly pills, Immortal: immortal pills)
     * Qi Gains
     * Root Improvement possibilities (one rank max)
     * Improved breakthrough chances
  -> Immortal Herb Garden (provides: ingredients for alchemy)
  -> Martial Hall (enables: martial training)
  -> Dao Discussion Hall (enables: Dao Contest)
  -> Scripture Hall (enables: research of new techniques)

- New troop types:
  -> Cultivators can lead troops and form Units (depending on rank they are VERY efficient)

- New artifacts:
  -> Items for modifications

- New actions:
  -> (Intrigue) Steal cultivation resources / techniques
  -> (Intrigue) Spy on breakthrough date/location
  -> (Martial) Raid for cultivation resources / artifacts
  -> (Martial) Disrupt breakthough
  -> (Diplomacy) Exchange cultivation resources / techniques - esp. in marriage
  -> Immortal Possession of any Sect/Dynasty member - to play as this character

- Adjustments / Overrides:
  -> Immortal Government - extra laws and rules: Separating Mortal Affairs and Immortal Affairs, though both intersect and influence eachother.
     * Sect Type: Ruler is the leader of his her own sect, works a bit like a Theocracy - mainly recruiting disciples from outside (AI type)
     * Immortal Dynasty: Ruler is the head of the dynasty, works similar to the regular game (Player & AI type)
     * 4 Stages for both types: Mortal, Earthly, Heavenly and Immortal
     * Requirements are the number of cultivators at that stage + quality of facilities and resources overall

* Tournaments & Sect meetings can add to the ranking as well and gain/lose cultivation resources
  -> Law (automatic): Acceptence for Dao Companions as valid spouses, regardless of religion
  -> Dao Companions are like "guests" who stay indefinitely and do not take slots, but can be used in government positions and as ambassadors etc.
  -> Children of Dao Companions are treated like any legitimite child (no matter the religious doctrine)

-> Ideally there are 2 courts one mortal and one immortal, where the mortal one has regency, which can be overruled at any time.

-> Immortal court has functions as well, tailored to the Sect/Cultivator Dynasty.

-> Mortal realm cultivators (Qi Gathering, Foundation Building) are considered mortals and CAN interfere in mortal business without anyone having any say. But they are "elite" compared to normal mortals.

-> Should great conflicts arise (e.g. some invasion by a Dark Cultivator Sect) any level of cultivators can act.

-> Use of "powers" is "restricted" which works like "Threat" - the more and frequent you do "supernatural stuff", the higher the "Threat Level" and some righteous sect will come knocking on your door. This can escalate into "Super Scale Holy Wars" with Cultivators involved, suppressing eachother, duelling eachother etc.

So much for the list of goals for both mods.

Please let me know what you think! (Esp. if you plan to play it yourself!)

Best wishes,

Gildoniel

Yes please! i want to see this. Any more details on power levels etc?

Since the ones i know are:

• Body tempering stage (your basic mortal dose exercise in prep to prepare qi, don when young but can be done at any time) which has inner levels like tempering the blood, bone viscera tc. (in game this could be represented with a high martial stat while young, and with each activity more martial stat is added)
  • Qi Gathering stage (Where meditation activities begin. In the books i've read it's mostly about the collection of spiritual energy/Qi into the body through their meridians or Diadan (can't spell it for the life of me, sorry). I'd think your character would have to switch to learning stats in CK for this to work. There should be 9 levels of inner energy to complete this stage? No idea if there is a tribulation at the end of this one. Some books say yes, some say no.) This is normally the base level where sects would accept you as a disciple or if its a sect there lets you in at Body tempering, you have a year to get some levels of the qi stage to see if your either a lowly servant or someone that could become an outer disciple.
    • Depending on what you read, from what i know this could also be known as the Meridian Opening/Aupoint opening stage, where they try to open out peoples acupoints to allow the flow of qi in the body more readily. However some books also mention that this is not the case and is more a point of a person's "talent", meaning the more they born with open, the more talent they have, and unless you're the "protagonist", with Protagonistic levels of luck, it's unlikely your level of "talent" will change..
      • Side note on talent... are you going to go for a "five elements spiritual root" system for cultivation? it would be cool to get a random talent, or number of talents on a character and see which direction the cultivate. There is also pre and post natal roots (ones your born with, and the ones you get growing up as a child. No 2 roots will ever be identical)
      • Will there also be body types? Someone for example with an "extreme yang/yin" body, that are best to cultivate at certain locations (in CK this could be in a list of meditation locations, or where its best to place immortal caves). 
        • Since this is loverslab, will you give us a stance on the evil dao, raiding secs for "cultivation cauldrons" and other saucy and evil doings? I believe even necromancy is in there somewhere. (the prisoner version of dao companion. You might want to have a "convert to Cauldron", which would give them a trait, which mind numbs the target (lore), and removes the Health/stress debuff while in prison (game)). If you convert you friends into evil cultivators, there should also be an option to "gift Cauldron" to target, which transfers that person to the targets jail. 
  • Qi condensation/Core Forming stage (when the person's spiritual sea (spirit sense, like mind radar and mind powers stuff) is opened, for the first time. Qi, is condensed in the body and towards the Daidan to eventually form the core for the "golden core stage". If you want to make it simpler, this could also be known as "half a step" Golden core stage.)
  • Nacient Soul stage (Not sure what this is about, but something along the lines of either, refining the soul to the next level, or refining the body into pure spiritual energy, discarding the mortal body, turning it into something closer to that of an immortal.)

The next few stages after that is always different depending on what you read. What they all have in common tho, id that its all about "contemplation" and your own "perceptions" on things. This in CK could be a reflection on a person's character traits, and also depending on player choice, whether the character goes into, or risks higher qi deviation. 

One of the common precepts that i read, is "the contemplation on the void" so the these stages are sometimes named like "void contemplation, void attainment, void fragmentation".

After however many stages in between, there is always the last stage which is generally "immortal ascension stage" which is where said character, through his/her last tribulation ascends to the next plain and/or heavenly court becoming a true immortal. At which point in CK, i would consider this GG for the character, unless you can think of a way to play in the next plain of existence in the game... (which i think even with what i said so far is out of scope for the mod). 

My source for all this are the following:

Zhanxian (my defaco book of choice for the level systems. Its the most simple, and i feel the closest to the originals that i've read so far)

Immortal (also very good, and goes into how and why its a bad idea to start cultivation late)

Grasping Evil (One stop shop for all things cauldron related and general evil sects.)

I Have Refined Qi For 3000 Years! (just some fun)

I've read a ton more, and was really hoping for some form of comprehensive Immortal cultivation mod, since i feel just granting yourself immortality from a mod at the click of a button is unsatisfying.. i want to work for it. So i fully support the idea of a proper cultivation mod! 

Im looking forward to progress in future!

How will this blend with specific religions like the norse and slavic faiths? will there be a connection to asia with event story telling? How will immersive storytelling be handled? I hope this mod isnt just shoehorning stuff XD @Gildoniel

9 hours ago, reeverdark said:

Yes please! i want to see this. Any more details on power levels etc?

Since the ones i know are:

• Body tempering stage (your basic mortal dose exercise in prep to prepare qi, don when young but can be done at any time) which has inner levels like tempering the blood, bone viscera tc. (in game this could be represented with a high martial stat while young, and with each activity more martial stat is added)
  • Qi Gathering stage (Where meditation activities begin. In the books i've read it's mostly about the collection of spiritual energy/Qi into the body through their meridians or Diadan (can't spell it for the life of me, sorry). I'd think your character would have to switch to learning stats in CK for this to work. There should be 9 levels of inner energy to complete this stage? No idea if there is a tribulation at the end of this one. Some books say yes, some say no.) This is normally the base level where sects would accept you as a disciple or if its a sect there lets you in at Body tempering, you have a year to get some levels of the qi stage to see if your either a lowly servant or someone that could become an outer disciple.
    • Depending on what you read, from what i know this could also be known as the Meridian Opening/Aupoint opening stage, where they try to open out peoples acupoints to allow the flow of qi in the body more readily. However some books also mention that this is not the case and is more a point of a person's "talent", meaning the more they born with open, the more talent they have, and unless you're the "protagonist", with Protagonistic levels of luck, it's unlikely your level of "talent" will change..
      • Side note on talent... are you going to go for a "five elements spiritual root" system for cultivation? it would be cool to get a random talent, or number of talents on a character and see which direction the cultivate. There is also pre and post natal roots (ones your born with, and the ones you get growing up as a child. No 2 roots will ever be identical)
      • Will there also be body types? Someone for example with an "extreme yang/yin" body, that are best to cultivate at certain locations (in CK this could be in a list of meditation locations, or where its best to place immortal caves). 
        • Since this is loverslab, will you give us a stance on the evil dao, raiding secs for "cultivation cauldrons" and other saucy and evil doings? I believe even necromancy is in there somewhere. (the prisoner version of dao companion. You might want to have a "convert to Cauldron", which would give them a trait, which mind numbs the target (lore), and removes the Health/stress debuff while in prison (game)). If you convert you friends into evil cultivators, there should also be an option to "gift Cauldron" to target, which transfers that person to the targets jail. 
  • Qi condensation/Core Forming stage (when the person's spiritual sea (spirit sense, like mind radar and mind powers stuff) is opened, for the first time. Qi, is condensed in the body and towards the Daidan to eventually form the core for the "golden core stage". If you want to make it simpler, this could also be known as "half a step" Golden core stage.)
  • Nacient Soul stage (Not sure what this is about, but something along the lines of either, refining the soul to the next level, or refining the body into pure spiritual energy, discarding the mortal body, turning it into something closer to that of an immortal.)

The next few stages after that is always different depending on what you read. What they all have in common tho, id that its all about "contemplation" and your own "perceptions" on things. This in CK could be a reflection on a person's character traits, and also depending on player choice, whether the character goes into, or risks higher qi deviation. 

One of the common precepts that i read, is "the contemplation on the void" so the these stages are sometimes named like "void contemplation, void attainment, void fragmentation".

After however many stages in between, there is always the last stage which is generally "immortal ascension stage" which is where said character, through his/her last tribulation ascends to the next plain and/or heavenly court becoming a true immortal. At which point in CK, i would consider this GG for the character, unless you can think of a way to play in the next plain of existence in the game... (which i think even with what i said so far is out of scope for the mod). 

My source for all this are the following:

Zhanxian (my defaco book of choice for the level systems. Its the most simple, and i feel the closest to the originals that i've read so far)

Immortal (also very good, and goes into how and why its a bad idea to start cultivation late)

Grasping Evil (One stop shop for all things cauldron related and general evil sects.)

I Have Refined Qi For 3000 Years! (just some fun)

I've read a ton more, and was really hoping for some form of comprehensive Immortal cultivation mod, since i feel just granting yourself immortality from a mod at the click of a button is unsatisfying.. i want to work for it. So i fully support the idea of a proper cultivation mod! 

Im looking forward to progress in future!

Well I already have a alpha version of this mod running on CK2, on which this is based on (and which will develop alongside the CK3 version).

I decided to pick the 4 realms "Mortal/Earth/Heaven/Immortal" and divide that up into Qi Gathering, Foundation Building, Core Formation (Qi Dan), Nascent Soul (Yuan Ying), Great Perfection (Da Cheng), Human Immortal, Earth Immortal, True Immortal stages (where True Immortal would be the equivalent to Celestial Immortal in some novels). Problem is, that this is earth and not some higher realm - so having too high of a cultivation can be problematic - so I stopped there.  So "Da Cheng" is your "Immortal Ascension Stage" in the Heavenly Realm. I also explained that True Immortals are limited by the world so their powers cannot exceed a certain limit (in CK2 base stats are limited to 100). "Void Stage" would be around Human or Earth Immortal - those are not yet "real" immortals.

Btw. Grasping Evil is very nice! Zahxian is also a good book - but has plane hopping as well, which we cannot have here (as we only have one plane - Earth and True Immortals are "barely sticking" to it, on the verge of ascending to the next plane).

For the features: I this is a continuous project, first I will try to get the CK2 version converted to CK3 + stuff necessary as CK3 has no societies (yet). This enables you to cultivate - albeit in a very simplified way. After / alongside that the stuff I've written here will be the focus and then I we can expand in various directions.

Roots come in 10 stages from 0-9 Broken Root to Divine Root with no affinities at the moment. Also "poor root" (1) is the lowest root assigned to players - as "broken root" disables cultivation.

The CK2 Code-Base has around 11k lines of code (which is alot, though compared to long year projects like DWR, which has like 300k+ loc it is small). But then again my mod has been released less than 2 weeks ago.

The root thing: Pre-Natal and Post-Natal - I plan to have you born with a root (preferably inherited from the Dual Cultivation of your Dao Companion Parents) and then the ability to foster that to greater heights post-natal (but limited).

Body types like: Extreme Yin/Yang, 9 Yin/Yang, Golden Buddha Body etc. are planned (later) getting Primordial Yin/Yang for (semi-permanent) "upgrades" of your root as well (Your wish for "cauldrons" comes in here too) though there is benign Dual Cultivation (benefiting both) as well, though the evil path usually gets results faster at the expense of others.

To summarize again: First plan is to get a (minimal) "working" system set up, which will be expanded.

8 hours ago, s520864 said:

How will this blend with specific religions like the norse and slavic faiths? will there be a connection to asia with event story telling? How will immersive storytelling be handled? I hope this mod isnt just shoehorning stuff XD @Gildoniel

Well, the idea of Dao Cultivation is "Eastern", though there is not necessarily a change in faith (I'd like to make that optional). Meaning you can be a Norse Pagan with your wife and concubines and if they agree, you can make them into Dao Companions + you can have more Dao Companions (handled by the system to override "extramarital relation penalties" - should they exist). The Government for a Cultivation Dynasty will change and allow things like that (maybe several flavors are necessary merging the "base government form" with the cultivation aspect - to avoid your "shoehorning"). As Mortal and Cultivation matters should be kept apart to some extent, this could work for immersion. There will be specialized infrastructure and buildings - strange for ANY culture - so it will be usually situated on mountains or in places hidden from sight and "restricted" like places of worship.

Depending on the cultivation levels of your Dynasty and on the "alignment" in terms of good/evil - you can just have this "Holy Mountain" where the "Ruler, close to the Gods" resides and it is rumored that on some nights children or people vanish (for whatever unknown reason - rumored to have been favored by the gods) so people fear it. Or you can have open and friendly relations, building a sect gate where people bring their children every year to have their potential tested as they want them to enter cultivation.

Religion can be a deciding factor here as well: Is the religion open to "Witchcraft"/"Occult"/"Supernatural" or "Ancestor Worship" - yes, then things can be explained along that route.

No - then this will be some "Holy"/"Dangerous" and in any case "Forbidden" place.

As I said I'd make it "optional" - there will definitely be a route with adjusted faith, that integrates people into the whole thing, where Dao Companions are "openly honored", and the "powers" are integrated with religious doctrine.

So 3 scenarios:

- (1) Separation: Old faith is unchanged and incompatible, which makes it a Hidden/Dangerous/Mystic place where the unknown happens (and the ruler is doing his/her best to make things work out for the people)

- (2) Partial integration with faith: Old unchanged faith is partly compatible and uses that reasoning (like Ancestors and Gods etc.) to explain things.

- (3) Integration: Things are not secret and people want to get "in" or at least get their kids in, as they want long life and benefits.

All 3 have their benefits and downsides. Scenario 1 will give the ruler the most secrecy and "peace" in his/her doing, but any "happenings" (even if they have nothing at all to do with the ruler) can be attributed (which can be good or bad) - imagine count Dracula: No one will dare to go near the castle, but no one knows anything concrete. Scenario 2 will probably be controlled by the priesthood and all exchanges "ritualized". While Scenario 3 - well everyone in your country knows the basics and has a general idea (which can be annoying to have "wishes"/"demands" for XY to be taken in as disciple with mortal events as leverage).

Thanks to your reply, i'm glad you like those books too :D 

Upon reading it, as i've just woken up, and reading your reply to s5, i'm reminded of cultural interactions, and possible interactions with other "godly mods" - before we continue though., just for reference for this post, and your possible enjoyment  > Cultivator Against Hero Society tis a fun read and not to be taken seriously. 

In terms of CK, cultures and cultivation, Grasping Evil and Zhaxian i'm reminded of the term "Demon, Devil and Devine". We covered Devil (evil cultivators) and Devine ("good" *cough* cultivators) but what will we do with Demons (plants and animals, and even sometimes objects, that have discovered the great dao and can even (when at higher levels) change into human form). 

In both Grasping Evil and Zhaxian, Demons are not "evil" necessarily, but there is the term "slay the demons to protect the dao" appears at the early on, but then later. greater acceptance of demons occurs. Demons in both have their own cultures and societies, but also have ones that "sneak" into human society, to either eat humans or just live life to get cultivation resources. 

It brings the "intrigue" idea of "a Pine Tree/chinchilla/Seer Stone Demon Secret" and if your area has a law where "demons are killed on site" you can expose and imprison and execute with no repercussions. Demons should also have there own sects, and there should be mixed sects as well (or maybe the option to make them mixed?). Furry and Moe lovers will also love this since having a nekomimi or a wolf guy (cos he sucks at human transformation secret arts) in court or as a player. 

The only thing about demons, is that they have to be born with that trait, or somehow spawned into the world with that trait hidden unless, you the player, or an AI where to "raise" something themselves, and teach it the dao. 

In my mind, being an Devil cultivator (evil) is like being a different sort of "witch" since you can dabble in "plucking cauldrons", Necromancy,/corpse puppets, mind controls, slaughter and blood arts. 

Where as demons fall under their own "culture" since out of the 3, they are the only ones that are not human, and are a little more tricky to "define" in this case. 

~~~

Moving on, and reflecting on s520864's post and your reply, (which also ties into some "root" related talk) -

When it comes to dual cultivation, it's always said, that a good dao companion/cauldron is someone with a good root or someones with singular or greater cultivation level to you. Since you know the mechanics for this in grasping Evil i won't go into it too much (a lot of what i write is also for others to understand. if they get confused) but i think it would be nice to have an interactional choice as to what your character should aim at when performing dual cultivation of any kinds, be it complimentary or degrading to the target.

After all, targeting spiritual power may decrease the targets level (in terms of cauldrons) but they can get that back over time at the risk of aging, but as soon as someone's goes for their roots, its GG for any future advancement in cultivation. 

So with regard to interactions with other cultures, since it's unlikely vikings (etc) will ever cultivate, their only worth would be in their roots, either as talents to raise for future or as as you mentioned to steal roots. 

This brings to my mind -

In most books, unless you have the device(artifact the target touches) or ability to check by touching the targets wrist etc no one will no what root the target has. So in this case, should, like Demons, have the root type and body type hidden until inspected (an intrigue event chain would also be good), AND they either need a really good opinion of you or are in prison. (this would also be a very good way to discover demons and devils, but their base reluctance should be higher than normal people since they have something to hide, allowing you to gander that "something's not right" etc.)

This finally brings me to the last part, about "interaction", since i feel that only Han and surrounding cultures should cultivate at first, no other worldly powers will be available in the base game to counteract. At least not right now. 

However there are a few other mods in the workshop out there that add certain mythical entities and cultures to exist, and i feel would be a massive shame if we drop the ball in terms of mod interactions. 

I'm mainly looking at mods like;

Princes of Darkness

Vampirism And Lycanthropy

Pantheon of the Gods

I will Admit i have not personally played these but, and watched on twitch "The Prince of darkness" since it seems popular, and was thinking, since cultivation is rather OP in general, even before it gets placed in a game, would some for of interaction between these be good? It's why i referred "Cultivator against human society" since its a very east meets west kind of thing. 

It would be cool, that if your empire starts to stretch towards europe, you start encountering powerful vampire clans etc (vampires do show up in cultivation novels anyhow and i think there are cultural references) or even fight against other mythological cultures that don't show up in your starting area. Like it would be cool, if there were other "Immortality and magic" myths to fight against that only show up in their respective culture group. 

Well that's all for me on "interactions", hope it will be helpful. Im glad to see the directions you are going in, and i cant wait to see the early alpha release :D 

On a side note, have you seen this, it seemed interesting - 

Mandate of the Celestial Empire

Keep up the good work! 

1 hour ago, reeverdark said:

Thanks to your reply, i'm glad you like those books too :D 

Upon reading it, as i've just woken up, and reading your reply to s5, i'm reminded of cultural interactions, and possible interactions with other "godly mods" - before we continue though., just for reference for this post, and your possible enjoyment  > Cultivator Against Hero Society tis a fun read and not to be taken seriously. 

In terms of CK, cultures and cultivation, Grasping Evil and Zhaxian i'm reminded of the term "Demon, Devil and Devine". We covered Devil (evil cultivators) and Devine ("good" *cough* cultivators) but what will we do with Demons (plants and animals, and even sometimes objects, that have discovered the great dao and can even (when at higher levels) change into human form). 

In both Grasping Evil and Zhaxian, Demons are not "evil" necessarily, but there is the term "slay the demons to protect the dao" appears at the early on, but then later. greater acceptance of demons occurs. Demons in both have their own cultures and societies, but also have ones that "sneak" into human society, to either eat humans or just live life to get cultivation resources. 

It brings the "intrigue" idea of "a Pine Tree/chinchilla/Seer Stone Demon Secret" and if your area has a law where "demons are killed on site" you can expose and imprison and execute with no repercussions. Demons should also have there own sects, and there should be mixed sects as well (or maybe the option to make them mixed?). Furry and Moe lovers will also love this since having a nekomimi or a wolf guy (cos he sucks at human transformation secret arts) in court or as a player. 

The only thing about demons, is that they have to be born with that trait, or somehow spawned into the world with that trait hidden unless, you the player, or an AI where to "raise" something themselves, and teach it the dao. 

In my mind, being an Devil cultivator (evil) is like being a different sort of "witch" since you can dabble in "plucking cauldrons", Necromancy,/corpse puppets, mind controls, slaughter and blood arts. 

Where as demons fall under their own "culture" since out of the 3, they are the only ones that are not human, and are a little more tricky to "define" in this case. 

~~~

Moving on, and reflecting on s520864's post and your reply, (which also ties into some "root" related talk) -

When it comes to dual cultivation, it's always said, that a good dao companion/cauldron is someone with a good root or someones with singular or greater cultivation level to you. Since you know the mechanics for this in grasping Evil i won't go into it too much (a lot of what i write is also for others to understand. if they get confused) but i think it would be nice to have an interactional choice as to what your character should aim at when performing dual cultivation of any kinds, be it complimentary or degrading to the target.

After all, targeting spiritual power may decrease the targets level (in terms of cauldrons) but they can get that back over time at the risk of aging, but as soon as someone's goes for their roots, its GG for any future advancement in cultivation. 

So with regard to interactions with other cultures, since it's unlikely vikings (etc) will ever cultivate, their only worth would be in their roots, either as talents to raise for future or as as you mentioned to steal roots. 

This brings to my mind -

In most books, unless you have the device(artifact the target touches) or ability to check by touching the targets wrist etc no one will no what root the target has. So in this case, should, like Demons, have the root type and body type hidden until inspected (an intrigue event chain would also be good), AND they either need a really good opinion of you or are in prison. (this would also be a very good way to discover demons and devils, but their base reluctance should be higher than normal people since they have something to hide, allowing you to gander that "something's not right" etc.)

This finally brings me to the last part, about "interaction", since i feel that only Han and surrounding cultures should cultivate at first, no other worldly powers will be available in the base game to counteract. At least not right now. 

However there are a few other mods in the workshop out there that add certain mythical entities and cultures to exist, and i feel would be a massive shame if we drop the ball in terms of mod interactions. 

I'm mainly looking at mods like;

Princes of Darkness

Vampirism And Lycanthropy

Pantheon of the Gods

I will Admit i have not personally played these but, and watched on twitch "The Prince of darkness" since it seems popular, and was thinking, since cultivation is rather OP in general, even before it gets placed in a game, would some for of interaction between these be good? It's why i referred "Cultivator against human society" since its a very east meets west kind of thing. 

It would be cool, that if your empire starts to stretch towards europe, you start encountering powerful vampire clans etc (vampires do show up in cultivation novels anyhow and i think there are cultural references) or even fight against other mythological cultures that don't show up in your starting area. Like it would be cool, if there were other "Immortality and magic" myths to fight against that only show up in their respective culture group. 

Well that's all for me on "interactions", hope it will be helpful. Im glad to see the directions you are going in, and i cant wait to see the early alpha release :D 

On a side note, have you seen this, it seemed interesting - 

Mandate of the Celestial Empire

Keep up the good work! 

About Demons - I guess I'll think about that once we got a stable cultivation system going. There are mods, which introduce different races (which have demonic blood or are therantropes)  as well as immortal races like elves or vampires etc.

From a cultivator point of view a being that does not age is not necessarily an "Immortal" - can be unaging, but True Immortality comes with lots of self-improvement over long period of time - again I'd say let's tackle that issue once things have developed further.

About the cultures: In the beginning - no culture will be truly cultivating. We are at 800 something and not in the blossoming Daoist days. Immortal Wang (a han ancestor, 3000+ years old) will come out of seclusion and find suitable disciples around the world and revive cultivation. Should there be a young learned Viking who likes books as he likes his Ax and Mead then he may qualify as well (why not?). The Daoists in the Chinese Borderlands can have a "starting bonus" as their culture and religion is much more compatible with cultivation compared to Christian lands / culture.

1 hour ago, reeverdark said:

Any update on things so far? Hope everything is going well. 

I took your advice to heart and cought up to Grasping Evil current chapters (as I stopped after binge-reading to the state of things 10 about months ago).

All in all it motivated me more to incorporate different paths of cultivation (Divine/Devil/Demon) as well as Qi Refinement / Body Cultivation.

Also the struggles of smaller sects and cultivation dynasties can be much more interesting than what I have to offer now (in the alpha version of Ck2 True Immortal Cultivation).

My current plans (besides fixing bugs frequently) is to remodel the whole thing to match what is discussed here - which will take even more time than writing the 10.000+ lines of code for my current mod (which took about 2 months).

In short: I'll probably make a "cut" and release a new version, which will behave completely different, compared to the current mod. (My initial idea was to port what I have to CK3). This also means, it will take several weeks until anything useful can be released - as everything has to be written from scratch + I can only write some code every day in the evening after work.

So the current mod (CK2) will probably stay as it is (+fixes and minor adaptations). And a new version, reflecting the whole scope of cultivation will be developed for CK2 and CK3 besides that.

Glad to hear you are still at it. Looking forward to seeing an alpha when its ready. Also im glad you got back to reading that :D they need to translate it faster!! 

I am also eagerly waiting :), cant wait to start a cultivation clan and pursue the Dao. Emperors domination is another great novel, over 3000 chapters so it's quite a long read though, but Li Qiye is one hell of an mc XD.