Punishing Lashes (Mod development)

I'm making a small mod that will make whipping from various mods (SD, Submissive Lola, SlaveRun, etc) more punishing.

It provides an MCM where you can set to lose any of the following:

• Random skill (modeled from existing defeat skill loss mod) THIS WILL NOW BE ADDED TO "Succubus Skill Loss (SSLX)" INSTEAD. I THOUGHT ABOUT DOING THIS VIA A NEW FUNCTION IN SSLX THAT IS RAN FROM "Punishing Lashes (PLX)" BUT IN THE END DECIDED IT IS BEST THAT THE FUNCTIONALITY IS INDEPENDENTLY MANAGED IN SSLX.  BOTH MODS ARE LIGHTWEIGHT, AND ALL THE SKILL LOSS FUNCTIONALITY WILL BE IN SSLX.
  • Health
  • Stamina
  • Magicka

Where those are lost permanently for every X configurable whips seconds of whipping.

You can also configure a minimum health, stamina and magic so you will never go below a certain level.

And also a configurable debuff that you can use instead of the above or with the above where you can configure the:

• Duration
  • Health debuff
  • Stamina debuff
  • Magicka debuff
  • And regeneration speeds for these.

I am new to modding in Skyrim so this is probably all I am planning for the initial release.

I want to look at making a better experience than this eventually though with the following features (in priority order):

1. Whipping injury level with recovery speed configurable in MCM.
  2. Debuff and losses scale to whipping injury level.
  3. SlaveTats integration.
  4. UI feature to show current whipping injury level.
  5. Immersive NPC comments
  6. Immersive notifications
  7. MCM lock
  8. MCM config export/import

Soft Requirements

• ZaZAnimationPack (only tested with V8.0 plus but will probably work with earlier, let me know so I can update the description)
  • Any mod that uses whipping scenes from ZaZAnimationPack
  • SlaveRun Reloaded

Let me know if your interested

Like this post so I can get an idea if people want a mod like this. Have something you would like to see in the mod that isn't here? Let me know!

UPDATE

I have built and now testing MCM and skill loss functionality (which is taken from Defeat Skill Loss). I expect to have this part of the mod fully working and tested this weekend.

From there it shouldn't be long for the first BETA release with full losses functionality. I will release this as version 0.5.

Version 1 will include the debuff functionality.

From there I will work towards version 2 in incremental releases, eventually including all the other functionality listed above.

EDIT: I haven't had time this weekend as I have been working on Succubus Skill Loss and it took up more time than expected. Version 0.5 will likely be released next weekend now.

EDIT 2: Still not had any time to continue with this but it seems to have some interest so I will publish it before long.

• 1 month later...
On 10/12/2020 at 11:40 AM, jc321 said:

How's this progressing @RMCW? Looks like a great mod.

I've been busy but I will spend some time on it tonight. I'll put an update here on the weekend, perhaps first version will be released then.

Edit: Bit of a set back in testing. Annoyingly, SlaveRun does not use ZAP's WhipPlayer function. In order to get this to work with SlaveRun I need to add a patch for it, which is obviously not the best. I could do with a list of mods people use that include whipping to see if other mods have this issue.

Edit2: Have it working with SlaveRun by patching SLV_Utilities.pex. Even ZAP is now a soft requirement, no hard requirements. I have H/M/S loss working but not the debuff yet. I haven't dealt with magic effects before so will need to do some research on this before I can implement. 

I have removed the skill loss feature from the mod as I am migrating it over to Succubus Skill Loss (SSLX), as this made best sense. 

I won't have time before the weekend to do more work on this. Currently the seconds detection is not setup and I am not sure if it is possible. It may be that I have to just have to fall back on "Per whipping scene" rather than "Per x seconds of whipping" to keep the mod lightweight.  The reason I don't want to do "Per whip" is because the mod will no longer be lightweight that way, as we are stacking more code on per hit which can lead to potential crashes. I want this mod to not have an impact on Papyrus performance beyond the small amount absolutely necessary. 

If anyone wants to test this works with different whipping scenes, I will add an alpha version below. If you do test, please can you let me know what mods whipping scene you can confirm the mod does or does not work for regarding H/M/S loss. Though alpha, the mod is stable and extremely lightweight. Also it will work both on LE and SE.

NOTE: I am thinking of adding toggles for H/M/S so you can only lose the selected attributes. Let me know if you would like this. Currently I am selecting attribute to lose based on random roll and higher attributes have a higher chance of loss.

FILE REMOVED, OUT OF DATE AND HAD A COUPLE OF BUGS.

Also another thought.. It may be best to avoid adding magic effects, I don't like that they can slow SL scene start, even if it is only 1 or 2 debuffs. Another way I could do this is to damage stamina/magicka/ health based on injury level and just drop the debuff.

So instead of magic debuff we could have:

Every X seconds lose:

- X (multiplied by injury level) stamina

- X (multiplied by injury level) magicka

- X (multiplied by injury level) health (To a minimum of X)

Where each X is a configurable MCM option. 

Injury level will be a float from 0.0 to 1.0, so you are losing the full amount per X seconds at 1.0 injury level, and nothing at 0.0 injury level.

Could do with some feedback on this.