[mod] Dude Looks Like a Lady

Dude Looks Like a Lady

Not Currently Maintained

The release version of CK3 makes it hard to support lesbian marriages. This mod does the next best thing and makes all male characters visually female. It does not change dialogue, pronouns, names, or any other related gendered features.

Currently male characters use a different entity for their fig leaves. If a female uncensor mod removes a fig leaf by making it invisible, males will keep their leaf.

All contents of this mod are freely usable as components of other mods.

Tested compatible with:
- Simple Slits

Recommended mods:
- Gender Icons: Steam/Paradox  (Helps with telling actual genders apart)

Overwrites Files:

Spoiler

- common/genes/01_genes_morph.txt

- common/genes/02_genes_accessories_hairstyles.txt

- common/genes/02_genes_accessories_beards.txt

- common/genes/02_genes_accessories_misc.txt

- common/genes/05_genes_special_accessories_clothes.txt

- common/genes/05_genes_special_accessories_clothes.txt

- common/genes/05_genes_special_accessories_misc.txt

- common/genes/08_genes_special_visual_traits.txt

- gfx/models/portraits/male_body/male_body.asset

- gfx/models/portraits/male_body/boy_body.asset

- gfx/models/portraits/male_head/male_eyelashes.asset

- gfx/models/portraits/male_head/male_eyes.asset

- gfx/models/portraits/male_head/male_head.asset

- gfx/models/portraits/male_head/male_teeth.asset

Changelog:

Spoiler

1.2.1:

- Fixed broken hats for African high priest, steppe high priest, and Byzantine Empress (may still be weird! Base game makes them float!)

1.2.0:
- Compatibility with Simple Slits 1.2.0

1.1.2:

- Fixed several broken hats

1.1.1:

- Fixed broken outfits for vikings and priests

1.1.0:

- Compatibility with Simple Slits 1.1.0

1.0.0:

- Initial release

On 9/6/2020 at 2:47 PM, WaffleIron said:

Not that I am aware of. This mod works by hard-replacing all the genes and assets to be female assets. I could maybe look into it though.

it'd be great if this was more random like some characters would be traps

18 hours ago, LizzyLovesLezzy said:

I think this might disable the Byzantine crowns as well.

How strange! Every other clothing items has different versions for male and female characters, but there are only male versions of the Byzantine crown, Affrican high priest hat, and Steppe high priest hat. In the base game women use those, but because women are a little shorter, then tend to float! I've added them in as the base game does for now though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2020 at 10:43 AM, Zairest said:

Is there anyway to Localize this |fem|nomenon ahaha 

But yes I'd like the ability to manually change/keep this effect in my own realm only.

Unfortunately I don't think so. This mod works by heavily modifying the genes and assets that determine how male characters look, and replacing it all with what is being done for female characters. I don't know of a way to do all that conditionally, though I haven't tested it extensively. The hope is that the currently hard-coded scripting effects that block gay marriage will be updated at some point, and this mod can be deprecated.

• 2 months later...
On 9/10/2020 at 9:43 AM, Zairest said:

Is there anyway to Localize this |fem|nomenon ahaha 

But yes I'd like the ability to manually change/keep this effect in my own realm only.

On 9/18/2020 at 11:40 AM, WaffleIron said:

Unfortunately I don't think so. This mod works by heavily modifying the genes and assets that determine how male characters look, and replacing it all with what is being done for female characters. I don't know of a way to do all that conditionally, though I haven't tested it extensively. The hope is that the currently hard-coded scripting effects that block gay marriage will be updated at some point, and this mod can be deprecated.

I'm surprised we can't use traits or a custom racial graphic to make this work. The ugly and beautiful traits both modify your appearance and each culture or race can also have their own appearance modifiers.

8 minutes ago, slickman17 said:

Any plans on making the opposite of this mod? If not, how would I go about creating a version of this mod but switched, so all the female characters use the male assets?

It's actually a big pain to maintain this mod. I have to do hundreds of find-replace changes to every place male models or genes are referenced, replace those instances with whatever the female model is using. The genes file specifically is very tedious to do.

I'm going to deprecate this mod until I find an easier method (or until Paradox adds gay marriage, jeeze!)