All file download followers disappearing

Hi,

I've just noticed that all followers of my most popular file download (here) are somehow gone or at least the Follow counter now shows 0, whereas it had several hundreds, IIRC. I have not changed anything regarding following (I don't even know if it is possible to restrict following file downloads) and my other file downloads seem fine in this regard. Any ideas, anyone? A site error?

Thank you.

Noticed the same. Apparently I unfollowed a bunch of files I was monitoring several times now. I don't necessarily need a notification or even a digest, but it would be nice to have a place where the mods I'm using are listed and I can see if/when they updated (i.e. the link font goes bold). Even just having them sorted by date of last update would be nice. Is there any way I could achieve that with the current system that doesn't put a strain on the forum ?

• 1 month later...

I know it's like a month late, but seem to be having this issue still.

Every time I start following files, my follow gets removed after awhile and I have to keep refollowing them again. Really sucks when I follow cause I want to know if a mod updates, but then the forum auto unfollows the mod and I have no idea it did that, so I never get notifications of file updates cause I'm no longer following the mods.

Same issue with threads and such. Don't get any reply notifications because the forum unfollowed me from the thread I was following. So no idea if anyone replied unless I go find the threads myself and check them. I know it sounds lazy, but kind of defeats the purpose of a notification system lol.

I still have plenty of followed files and threads, but I haven't gotten notifications from them reliably for the past month or two. I switched all of my notifications over to daily digest thinking maybe it was too much traffic, but I still only get notified of one or two new comments a day, and *never* a file update. I have found several file updates manually that I never got notifications for.

I'm pretty sure I followed erplederp's files in the past, but LL shows I'm not following them now, and shows 0 followers total for them.

The notification control at the top of the LL page shows no updates since Sept 27 for me, which is definitely not accurate.

I refollowed erplederp's files after my last comment, and those follows are now gone again. Also, I received notification of a single comment in my daily email today, but the notifications control on this site shows NO updates. There is definitely something seriously broken with follows and notifications.