How Important is Exercise and Physical Activity?

1 hour ago, GrimReaper said:

Nutrition science is fucking garbage. Look at all the cited studies in that article: The only mentioned study that had over 100 participants which is really fucking low considering you need to eliminate A LOT of variables - such as age, weight, lifestyle, general diet etc. - to isolate the effects of a particular diet is the one in the processed foods section. You can throw any study that has less than at the very least a hundred test subjects into the trash.

If in doubt, you can always try an elimination diet or eat like a caveman. And if you're concerned about your testosterone levels, go ask a doctor to check it for you.

You know what? I'm going to eat exactly the way my dad did- which is whatever I want but varied among the major food groups and in moderate amounts. He lived through something like two or three strokes, poor living conditions, psychological trauma and much more. Died at age 86. If he could live that long smoking three packs a day for most of his life, then I don't have much to worry about as long as I try to do a little better than he did. Have to do my own cooking and it's something I'm slowly learning- you avoid as much as possible eating fast food or out of a can and you force yourself to exercise some during the day if you're not any other way. That's as good as I can do realistically.

4 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

You know what? I'm going to eat exactly the way my dad did- which is whatever I want but varied among the major food groups and in moderate amounts. He lived through something like two or three strokes, poor living conditions, psychological trauma and much more. Died at age 86. If he could live that long smoking three packs a day for most of his life, then I don't have much to worry about as long as I try to do a little better than he did. Have to do my own cooking and it's something I'm slowly learning- you avoid as much as possible eating fast food or out of a can and you force yourself to exercise some during the day if you're not any other way. That's as good as I can do realistically.

The question you have to ask yourself is if you want to be kept on life support by modern medicine instead of reaching a ripe old age without much outside help. Any of the strokes your dad had could've easily killed him or turned him into a vegetable.

I've always treated it like a daily chore... like doing the dishes, or walking the dog. Put your headphones in, blast some good music, and do your reps; so long as you're not trying to gain mass, and are just doing it for your health, you should be fine with 8 Lb dumbells and going for a jog. Overexert yourself, and soon enough exercise will become a bother and you'll stop.

Diet is also important, personally I went paleo, but bodies are different, and maybe you should have a discussion with a dietician who can look at your medical records.

Wow,  there is a lot I could say about this.   Now I must choose an aspect.  *sigh*

In America, PE.. uh.. well, it sucks ass.  I used to get more exercise after school and on summer break.  Back then I thought PE was merely an attempt to indoctrinate the children into playing sports.  Personally, I don't like sports.  It creates an us against them mentality.  A gang mentality.  People say, "oh, but we teach good sportsmanship".  From what I've witnessed, most kids will put on an act of good sportsmanship, then tear apart the players of the other team as soon as they are out of earshot.  Only a very few people I have ever seen know that it's just a game. 

Who's that Texas Ranger guy?  He stated a 'jump start" program, I believe it was called.  In place of regular PE class, kids would be taught martial arts.  I believe this is far superior to running back and forth and throwing a ball through a hoop.  Learning martial arts instills self discipline of the mind and body.   People have argued that sports does the same.  I don't think these people ever tried to learn any martial arts.  Success in life is a sound mind and body.   The weak mind can kill you just as easily as a week body, if not easier.  People have argued that teaching their children to fight is too violent.  Martial arts is a discipline more than a method of beating someones ass.  But then, from what I've seen from American dojo's its all about competition.  So the pride factor wins out over the discipline.   America is all about pride and competition.  Very un-Christian.

Now, I've not done a lot of physical activity.  I'm still in good heath.  My brother, who was always running, lifting weights ect...  he has all kinds of issues simply because he put his body under too much stress.  So moderation is a key to.... well, just about everything.

On 9/15/2020 at 2:28 AM, KoolHndLuke said:

What you may consider is eating the way your grand dad did.  Fry your food with bacon fat or real lard (not the stuff that sits on the shelf at Krogers).  No Crisco or other poisons.  Well, just basically stay away from all processed foods and artificial sweeteners.  And, DON'T DRINK THE WATER!  Unless you are on a well.

All my grand parents lived into their nineties.  Well, except for my grand dad on my dad's side.  He was douche,  so karma got him in his 60's.