Troubleshooting/FAQs?

Could someone point me in the direction of some troubleshooting/FAQs?  I'm using Woohooer and the Passions mod and when i tell my sims to "erotic--->passion" they take their clothes off for a second and then get dressed again without doing anything.  I feel like this must be an incredibly common issue.

Have you also installed the relevant animation packages? I use KinkyWorld rather than Passion, but both need animation packages installed for your mod to work and your Sims to WhooHoo.  You'll find animation packages in this forum https://www.loverslab.com/forum/55-downloads-the-sims-3/ , usually posted by listing the animator's name . Many of these are pinned posts, and thus are at the top of the forum. Others are not pinned but you will find them easily enough by scrolling down. Install instructions and download link is usually on the first post.

• 1 month later...

Since this post title is Troubleshooting/FAQs, I thought I'd toss this video link here so others might understand a little more about the Sims series in general. While the Video was made using the Sims 4 for reference, I can assure players the game mechanics haven't changed much in close to 20 years from a programming standpoint.

In other words: This will help some to understand why the Sims games do what they do, and how many of the problems all players can face at any time on any of the series happen. When someone says the game runs better on a newer system, forget about 32/64bit arguments and focus on things like processor power, memory speed, and disk access speed vs. Game EP/SP's, Mods, and save file size.

4 hours ago, landess said:

processor power, memory speed, and disk access speed vs. Game EP/SP's, Mods, and save file size

I've referenced below a couple of times. I believe the MTS page is about desktops, BUT... seeing how the requirements increase with patches and EP's can give people an idea of what might be needed in a laptop. And no, an old brand X notebook with 2 cores, 4GB RAM, and an integrated graphics chip set that can barely run a youtube video is not going to run TS3 and a bunch of EP's and 8GB worth of mods!!! That, I know!!! I love my new gaming laptop!!!!!! Oh yea, my husband too... )))

https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:TS3_System_Requirements

Of course, I now must add 100 sims to a household, just to watch them die!!!!!!!!

18 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

seeing how the requirements increase with patches and EP's

Yes, it's one thing to tell computer users whom aren't knowledgeable they need 'blah-blah' to run this or that. I found the information in the video explains 'WHY' they need Blah-blah'. Because of the nature of the information presented - a little common sense can be used to draw conclusions based on comparative issues.

You'll hear someone downloads a huge mod like Kinky World for use, then don't understand why they are just 'standing there' or they stop before they start.... We've all heard these same comments again and again. If these same people understood how the Sims works and applied this understanding to their own experience, they might realize everything is working normally, and they need to take some form of action to fix it. Whether it is judicious use of mods, maintenance of their save file, or the need for a better system - knowing what makes things tick could help with frustration and a feeling of powerlessness in dealing with it.

In professional racing they have a thing called qualifying: You can think your car is fast enough - the race officials make you prove it....

11 minutes ago, landess said:

a little common sense can be used

??? Are we talking about the same people???

13 minutes ago, landess said:

If these same people understood how the Sims works

You know that would require them to sit through a 9 min 43 sec video???

So much easier to click the picture at the TOP of the page, then post "It doesn't work" 10 secs later... 

Have you visited Mike24's page lately? About 2 posts from when you said to PM you for the pets, it began... "I need the pets anims"... "Me too"... "Can someone PM me with the pets anims?"... Something like 20 or more of those, on the same page that you wrote that anyone who wants them can PM you, as you don't frequent that page and probably won't see a message. YUP!