Unable to run Crysis

kurisu7885

Not going into technical aspects because my PC is fully up to snuff on running Crysis and my graphics driver is up to date.

However, whenever I try to run the game is gets to a blank screen and jsut sits there, forcing a hard restart, and I tried alt tabbing and ctrl shit esc out of it but neither works, the game just locks and ists there on a blank screen with me unable to do anything at all. Abd this is a legally paid for Steam copy.

I really hope EA didn't kill this game on purpose.

Well, I've run across a few things, one sayign that AVG doesn't play well with Crysis, another sayign that it craps out in 64bit mode, something about a Bin64, which my files do not have.

It works fine with AVG. I ran it fine with AVG in the past.

Some questions....

- Are you running it as an admin?

- Are you using dual screens or just the one?

- What graphics card are you using?

- Have you sacified a goat while facing west?

- Did you cut yourself on your computer while doing maintenance?

Well, I've run across a few things, one sayign that AVG doesn't play well with Crysis, another sayign that it craps out in 64bit mode, something about a Bin64, which my files do not have.

It works fine with AVG. I ran it fine with AVG in the past.

Some questions....

- Are you running it as an admin?

- Are you using dual screens or just the one?

- What graphics card are you using?

- Have you sacified a goat while facing west?

- Did you cut yourself on your computer while doing maintenance?

I would assume so since I;m the system's owner.

I only have one monitor.

It's a Geforce GT 230

On the last two, no comment.

I have to be honest, that gpu it's a little older. Anywya, should run crysis nevertheless. so, there is no error popup, right?

try this:

Right click on Crysis.exe

Go to "Compatibility"

Check the "Run as Administrator" box.

Try again.

If doesnt work:

Go to "Compatibility"

Check "Run this program in compatibility mod" with Windows Xp sp3

try again.

dont forget to draw a summoning cricle around your pc in case you need the help of a demon.

I have to be honest, that gpu it's a little older. Anywya, should run crysis nevertheless. so, there is no error popup, right?

try this:

Go to "Compatibility"

Try again.

If doesnt work:

Go to "Compatibility"

try again.

dont forget to draw a summoning cricle around your pc in case you need the help of a demon.

Strange since I purchased that GPU only a few months ago after my previous one died.

try this:

Go to "Compatibility"

Try again.

If doesnt work:

Go to "Compatibility"

try again.

Strange since I purchased that GPU only a few months ago after my previous one died.

That gpu it's DDR2. Today a GPU should be atleast DDR5 to run new games.  Here is some more info, is this one?

13413_div.PDF

try this:

Go to "Compatibility"

Try again.

If doesnt work:

Go to "Compatibility"

try again.

That gpu it's DDR2. Today a GPU should be atleast DDR5 to run new games.  Here is some more info, is this one?

Well it was soemwhat of an emergency as my previous GPU was losing iut's cooling section. I'll be sure to read the box as I purchase a newer one.

GT 230? Oh my, that isn't going to run anything. Just cause you got it 6 months ago doesn't mean it's not 4 years old. If you want to run games but not spend a fortune I would recommend a 7750 or 7770. They're in the low $100 range and would do a decent job. You can look at these benchmarks if you want to know what you're getting.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/535?vs=536

Although thinking about it, I can't see why it couldn't at the very least start the game. What are the rest of your specs? There has to be some reason the game won't even start.

try this:

Go to "Compatibility"

Try again.

If doesnt work:

Go to "Compatibility"

try again.

I hate to say it, I tried both solutions you presented. I tried running it as administrator, it brought u pa black box for a moment before giving me the "Not reponding" message. I tried the second, black screen, again.

GT 230? Oh my, that isn't going to run anything. Just cause you got it 6 months ago doesn't mean it's not 4 years old. If you want to run games but not spend a fortune I would recommend a 7750 or 7770. They're in the low $100 range and would do a decent job. You can look at these benchmarks if you want to know what you're getting.

Although thinking about it, I can't see why it couldn't at the very least start the game. What are the rest of your specs? There has to be some reason the game won't even start.

Why the hell did I type 230? I meant Geforce GT 630 XP

Why the hell did I type 230? I meant Geforce GT 630 XP

in that case should run fine. do you have microsoft visual c++ 2010, 2008, 2005 latest update? if you have 64 bit be sure to have the correct version - even if you have them try reinstalling them, sometimes they got corrupted. also try to check if for any reason your directx its up to date. who knows.

Guest flingingfeces

Taken from the steam crysis forum

You have to download that Bin64 folder. Then add it into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Crysis

rename the Bin32 to Bin32.Bak
rename Bin64 to Bin32
open the Bin64 folder...then open the bin 64 folder cut everything from there. Go back to where you were (original Bin64 folder) and then paste it there. Delete the second Bin 64 folder out of the first Bin 64 folder and you should be good. :)

Also see if there are two different exe files in your game directory.  One for 32 and one for 64.  Steam has a problem loading the correct one sometimes.

Taken from the steam crysis forum

You have to download that Bin64 folder. Then add it into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Crysis

rename the Bin32 to Bin32.Bak

rename Bin64 to Bin32

open the Bin64 folder...then open the bin 64 folder cut everything from there. Go back to where you were (original Bin64 folder) and then paste it there. Delete the second Bin 64 folder out of the first Bin 64 folder and you should be good. :)

Also see if there are two different exe files in your game directory.  One for 32 and one for 64.  Steam has a problem loading the correct one sometimes.

Seems it has problems gettign the Bin64 folder too...

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri

Check if you can run it. If not you're on a very long list of people who are sad. I technically fail Crysis 3 because of my video card but I can play it.

this is a lame way of checking any game requirements, and was originally designed for the older chipsets like the socket A's and the Socket 775 chipsets and hasn't been updated to today's level of gaming in a long while

lets start off with the basics,

what is the

motherboard

CPU and

graphics card that you currently have?

then the memory size and speed please

for instance 2gb 1600mhz and brand name

this type of thread can be a large guessing game when specs aren't listed and can be a major pain in the neck to diagnose without them

also include :

O/S , DX,

have you bench marked your PC and components to make sure your not having an issue with a ram stick throwing off a BSOD or load error?

are you trying to run the game in a Resolution that exceeds your monitors available Resolution?

is your monitor Refresh rate as good as your GPU? of is it like an industrial monitor or an older TV? with a low refresh? and your game is superseding it and trying to get it to do things it wasn't designed to do.... i only ask because i had a guy build a gaming system and try to play it on an old RCA TV with analog inputs off of a modified TV card.... yes there are those out there that still think Analog is the way to go and all of today's tech is backwards compatible with enough tweaks

another thing you can do to help with this is :

http://www.majorgeek...wnload4181.html

once downloaded make a folder on your desktop and drop the program download into it and then extract it there:

once that is done open the program called EVEREST "Green Round Icon"

generate a report from the Report Wizard upper left tabbed selection

save report as html. and save to desktop

then just email me the report to jeffreynolds66@msn.com anyone else is free to do this as well just be sure to leave me your in-form name so that i can make sure i give you the correct findings back

***also one other note*** when you run this wizard dont use the mouse or keyboard till the report clears as this will give a false memory info feedback

and this wizard takes less then 2 minutes to run through

also dont run music or videos in the background as well

just run the program and go get a cup of coffee by the time your done it will be done

nothing reported in this wizard that can be used against you ...this program is used for determining hardware related issues and drivers supported, updates and possible upgrade info and basic programs installed , I maintain a 100% customer feedback profile on over 400 websites and guarantee you nothing will be shared with anyone else other then what i share in here or to you in an email response . period

Archived