Need Advice on Building Custom Desktop

Hi guys, it's my first time building a custom desktop. For gaming & MS word/excel/etc

I play and mod Skyrim & Fallout 4 on my potato laptop. But never been able to play at 1080p or 60fps

I've decided to get a desktop for Cyberpunk 2077 and others games. 

Just wondering if the specs of the hardware is good enough. I want to be able to play on Ultra (with mods in future) with decent FPS, without killing my desktop. 

Here's the specs:

Mobo - GIGABYTE B450 GAMING X

CPU - AMD RYZEN 7 3700X | 4.4 GHZ | 8 Cores 16 Threads 

Graphics Card - GIGABYTE RTX 2070 SUPER Windforce OC 8GB 

RAM - 16GB Adata SPECTRIX D50 3600 Mhz (8x2) 

Cooling - 360mm closed looped water cooling + BEQUIET Pure Wings 140mm chassis fans x2

PSU - 650W FSP/EVGA 80+ Bronze Certified PSU 

Sorry in advance if I don't understand any tech lingo. I'm a noob at this. 

Greatly appreciate any help/advice. 

looks pretty good to me, but I few things you should take in consideration. When you want to decide how much of supply you need, then you need not only to calculate the total of (maximum) WATTS each component needs, but also add least 20-30% on top of that, to be sure you create a stable desktop system. If a supply has to run on max all the time, without having any spare to give, you will run into trouble within 2-3 years after purchase.

Second your RAM is ok, but for a gaming desktop I rather advice to take 2x 16Gb, the bigger the game the more RAM it uses, and just like your own short memory, full =full and the damage (Losing RAM memory capacity) begins, again you will run into trouble after a few years, (if you are lucky) but that could also mean within the year.

seems ok to me, but i'm not a fan of Adata's stuff.

also don't bother with water cooling, air (with lots of heat pipes) cools better in many cases, hell i'm still using the stock cooler that came with my 3700 (but i also have 5 case fans).

edit: there is also the fact that water cooling only cools the cpu, it does noting for the parts around the cpu.

Spoiler
4 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

seems ok to me, but i'm not a fan of Adata's stuff.

also don't bother with water cooling, air (with lots of heat pipes) cools better in many cases, hell i'm still using the stock cooler that came with my 3700 (but i also have 5 case fans).

edit: there is also the fact that water cooling only cools the cpu, it does noting for the parts around the cpu.

4 hours ago, jorgen.klein said:

looks pretty good to me, but I few things you should take in consideration. When you want to decide how much of supply you need, then you need not only to calculate the total of (maximum) WATTS each component needs, but also add least 20-30% on top of that, to be sure you create a stable desktop system. If a supply has to run on max all the time, without having any spare to give, you will run into trouble within 2-3 years after purchase.

Second your RAM is ok, but for a gaming desktop I rather advice to take 2x 16Gb, the bigger the game the more RAM it uses, and just like your own short memory, full =full and the damage (Losing RAM memory capacity) begins, again you will run into trouble after a few years, (if you are lucky) but that could also mean within the year.

Thanks for the advice guys. Really appreciate it. ?

On 8/14/2020 at 10:56 AM, MadMansGun said:

German development team
Underwater PC! 10,000 EURO PC from der8auer - Gamescom 2017

Spoiler

my graphics card is water-cooled. :classic_wink:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, MadMansGun said:

i've seen mineral oil PCs before, they are too much of a bitch to work on.

actually not, one can the complete computer lift out of the liquid.
this particular liquid *3M Novec* evaporates on the hardware within a few seconds!
you do not need any special hardware components, everything that is built into the computer, are customary in trade.
these particular PCs have many advantages, less power consumption because fewer cooling fans. 

these PCs are silently and what is most important, no annoying cleaning of the hardware, closed system.
the only thing that hurts is the price! :classic_wink: