[mod] Lesbocracy Addon - Wonders

Lesbocracy Addon - Wonders

Lesbocracy Addon - Wonders

11 August 2020 - V 1.0

Important thing : English is not my native language, and I'm 100% sure the mod is filled with grammar mistakes and whatnot, please report everything so I can fix it.

DESCRIPTION

This small addon to Lesbocracy add (for now) 1 wonder (or great work) to the game.

Small warning ! Playing with Lesbocracy already tends to make your characters quite OP, this mod is the same. I always felt like vanilla Great Works were of inconsistent usefulness, with some being quite strong (Great Walls) while some were... meh. So, what I did was simple : I handpicked upgrades that I wanted to see, and that I thought fit the theme. The end result combine the best upgrades from different great works into one.

I'm however open to suggestion if you think some things should be nerfed, modified, etc...

While testing the mod, I recommend Ala's Cheat Menu for it's wonder cheats if you don't want to go into a full playthrough.

Wonder : Lesbos Palace

Spoiler

A special royal palace, buildable ONLY on Lesbos by the School's grandmistress.

The great work in itself and its upgrades are active on different conditions, sometimes only requiring the character to be female. This is aimed at late game when character might decide to convert to Hellenism and might want to join the warrior lodge. Building or upgrading the great work or upgrades still requires to be the grandmistress. The palace is meant to be half property of the ruler and half a sort of public property to member of the School.

Upgrades are designed with a Tier system in mind, with higher tiers requiring below tiers to be constructed first.

The idea was that the construction of the palace runs alongside the School's work to change mentalities. By the time you reach stage 1 or 2 of the wonder (I estimate at least 50 years have past since start date, given that you need to be an independent ruler) lesbianism is still greatly frowned upon, so the first upgrades are meant to serve as "decoy", to make it look like the palace is your standard noble estate. The soup kitchen in particular is meant to give you a piety boost that offset the piety loss you'll get from other updates.

As time goes by you'll unlock more lesbian themed upgrades and stuff.

Complete upgrade list :

T1 :

• Vanilla upgrades : royal bedchambers, vineyard (according to Wikipedia, Lesbos was famed for it's wine during Byzantine time), retinue.
  • Vanilla-like upgrades : soup kitchen.
  • Armory is also vanilla because if you want to get the vanilla "recruit your armory smith" events, either you use vanilla upgrade or you overwrite one entire event file. I choose the former.

T2 :

• Female school : unlocks random events that spawn very high stats women (diplomats or stewards). Completely OP, however these women DO NOT have the special councilors flags, so you might not be able to use them depending on your status of woman.
  • Solarium : unlocks the ability to organize the lesbian orgy regardless of focus or traits.

T3 :

• Hidden library : some opinion stuff and tech bonus. Has the vanilla library flags so it can trigger the vanilla "Lost poetry book" event chain. Very fitting if you are lucky to trigger it with a lost poetry book from Sappho (yes, that's vanilla). Also enable spawn of scholar through the school random event.
  • Secluded training ground : originally I planned to make it so that you could attend the amazon training without the mission, but I did not manage to make it work. Instead, it allows you to assign a bodyguard minor title to women with martial or intrigue education and enough combat rating that gives you a modifier with +defensive plot power and I don't remember what. You also have the ability to spawn one very good marshal to act as your bodyguard if it's not assigned.
  • Bodyguard : requires armory to craft special gear designed for women, it gives the liege a character modifier to defend against plot. No event though.
  • Secluded groves : gives opinion bonus. Can be upgraded with decision with erotic statues (the one you create via the school's mission). Gives increased sex appeal and prestige but small piety cost.
  • Hidden passageway : same flags as vanilla passageway, so should help you avoiding capture. Also unlocks random events where you discover plots from vassals or courtiers.
  • Hot springs : it seems the island of Lesbos has some natural hot springs, so I added them with a copy of the vanilla hypocausts upgrade. I might add a link to Tentacle Dreams there...

T4 :

• Female only retinue : smaller scale version of the vanilla retinue : it gives only 600 heavy infantry (vanilla is 1000 LI and 500 HI). Requires Full status of women. To be honest I'm not sure this one fits the theme, but hey, whatever.

REQUIREMENTS

• Crusader Kings II up-to-date
  • Lesbocracy and all it's requirements.

COMPATIBILITY

Should be compatible with most mods, even those adding new wonders or tweaking vanilla ones. I suppose. Probably. Right?

INSTALLATION

1. Install Lesbocracy, either from Steam Workshop or manually from here,
  2. Download Lesbocracy Addon - Wonders and unpack it (7-zip recommended),
  3. Place everything into "C:....Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod",
  4. Launch the game. In the launcher, tick the box for "Lesbocracy Addon - Wonders"
  5. Enjoy. Or not, that's fine too.

FUTURE PLANS

• [IN DEVELOPMENT] One wonder with a Norse/Viking/Shieldmaiden theme, mix of pagan temple and fortress.
  • A more generic wonder, for non greek feudal.
  • More wonders ?

KNOWN BUGS

• [FIXED, sortoff] The vanilla system that generates names for wonders do not work for these new wonders. So, to prevent compatibility issues there's a decision to update the name and description of your wonder.

I'm looking forward to any suggestion, ideas, bug reports, etc...

Hello, I am currently trying to make my own mods. My current idea it's for a custom Royal Guard Wonder.

Short build time so you can have your personal royal guard once you become a King.

Not exactly balanced and I want the wonder to do automatic council jobs ( Relations Improved, Retinue/Horde maintenance, Demesne improved, Plot uncovered, montly piety, etc). So we can have the council members focus on field work (Oversee constructions, study technology, research tech, making claims, etc).

So I wanted to ask for your permission to read the code of your Lesbocracy Wonder for some ideas.

I will give you credit once I make the mod for giving me some insight on how to make it work.

On 8/13/2020 at 11:47 PM, NecromancerX69 said:

Hello, I am currently trying to make my own mods. My current idea it's for a custom Royal Guard Wonder.

Short build time so you can have your personal royal guard once you become a King.

Not exactly balanced and I want the wonder to do automatic council jobs ( Relations Improved, Retinue/Horde maintenance, Demesne improved, Plot uncovered, montly piety, etc). So we can have the council members focus on field work (Oversee constructions, study technology, research tech, making claims, etc).

So I wanted to ask for your permission to read the code of your Lesbocracy Wonder for some ideas.

I will give you credit once I make the mod for giving me some insight on how to make it work.

Whoops, sorry for the delay, forgot to follow the support topic so I didn't get the notification !

Of course, feel free to look at what I've done. It's mostly stuff copied directly from vanilla wonders with just some little tweaks here and there.

14 hours ago, Trioculus said:

Whoops, sorry for the delay, forgot to follow the support topic so I didn't get the notification !

Of course, feel free to look at what I've done. It's mostly stuff copied directly from vanilla wonders with just some little tweaks here and there.

Thank you and don't worry.

I have been busy trying to figure out the gfx files (so far I am failing hard with them), just to give units a different color scheme to make them different from vanilla.

• 1 month later...

Okaayy, that's a strange one.

Just to be sure, you did build the correct palace, right ? During construction the custom palace has the same name as the vanilla one, you need to look at the potential upgrades to be sure you pick the correct one to build. When you select it and look at the list of potential upgrades, there's stuff like "female schools", "hidden library" and stuff ? No vanilla "road network" ?

To be honest I found some other bugs while working on adding stuff, but didn't manage to fix most myself. And the whole adding stuff project is postponed indefinitely because I moved on from CK2.

I can only build the regular royal palace if thats what you are asking, with the vanilla features, do you think it could be a conflict with cities of wonders?

Edit: I was having a look at the files and found that the wonder has nothing written within the active tag, could that be the problem?

Ok, the decision to rename the wonder is only used for the palace of Lesbos (the mod's custom wonder) and won't show if you haven't built it.

As for the wonder, the palace of Lesbos, it is buildable ONLY in the county of Lesbos. If Lesbos is not in your demesne, it will simply not appear in the wonder construction menu.

I may change the description to insist on this.

Adding a lesbian-themed palace that could be build in other places was part of my future plans, but as I said I more or less abandoned CK2 for now.