Horizon Zero Dawn Modding Thread

1 hour ago, xnajoe said:

Hi all,

So after trying a couple of mods the one i liked most was the Nuder Stealth Mod that was posted by @LovelyLad on page 16.  But at the time i did not have the outfit in game that the nude mod was made for. So another user suggested i use Aloys Adjustments to apply the mod to an outfit i owned. So i tried that but it did not work as expected and some other things was going wrong in game so i uninstalled the game and deleted any left over files in the games root and deleted the games folder as well.

I then reinstalled the game thinking that the clean fresh install would make it work better. After the install was done i played the game with no mods and everything was working well. I ended up getting the outfit that the Nuder Stealth Mod uses. So i saved the game and added that mod.

But now the outfit looks like the image below. Does anyone know what's happening or now to fix it?

20210412193005_1.thumb.jpg.2566524cdc1424a79c2fd1651e84d7cf.jpg

The mod you're using is built on top of Orangy's mod. If you don't install Orangy's mod first, this one won't look right.

@orangy Hey, I'm currently trying to create my own versions of these nude mods that cover a bit more than yours do. And creating the outfits works fine. But I have a lot of trouble trying to get the correct face and vertix counts. Can you describe how you get to the right amount of vercises and faces?

Like, if I delete enought to have the correct amount of vertices but 2000 to few faces, where do I go from there?

Edit: Ok, I found a way that works for me somewhat.

218486119_Screenshot2021-04-12220728.png.6126d3613d41656722aeab057a9b3f1e.png

2 hours ago, xnajoe said:

Hi all,

So after trying a couple of mods the one i liked most was the Nuder Stealth Mod that was posted by @LovelyLad on page 16.  But at the time i did not have the outfit in game that the nude mod was made for. So another user suggested i use Aloys Adjustments to apply the mod to an outfit i owned. So i tried that but it did not work as expected and some other things was going wrong in game so i uninstalled the game and deleted any left over files in the games root and deleted the games folder as well.

I then reinstalled the game thinking that the clean fresh install would make it work better. After the install was done i played the game with no mods and everything was working well. I ended up getting the outfit that the Nuder Stealth Mod uses. So i saved the game and added that mod.

But now the outfit looks like the image below. Does anyone know what's happening or now to fix it?

20210412193005_1.thumb.jpg.2566524cdc1424a79c2fd1651e84d7cf.jpg

Looks like you're using the purple version of the armor. As far as I know it was meant to work with the gree version, which doesn't have the extra netting and other pieces.

19 hours ago, Dex Luther said:

Looks like you're using the purple version of the armor. As far as I know it was meant to work with the gree version, which doesn't have the extra netting and other pieces.

I tried it with all 3 versions of that armor but the all did the same.

20 hours ago, jpackinwood said:

The mod you're using is built on top of Orangy's mod. If you don't install Orangy's mod first, this one won't look right.

Do you have a link to that mod? i wasn't aware it needed another mod to work.

9 hours ago, sfsafasfdsadafds said:

@orangy Oh, and I wanted to ask you about your version of the nude body. Would you be okay with me using it for my own versions of the nude mods? I would obviously credit you if I'm ever posting the finished versions somewhere online. 

sure, go ahead.

On 4/14/2021 at 9:04 PM, orangy said:

A small PatchA made to fix the two issues mentioned above.  It should fix the nora brave and shadow stalwart problems.  Its under the Undpate section in nexus.

Thank you so much for this quick fix!

I don't like to request too much but, could you please add an optional file to remove bottom part from Stalwart and top from Shield Weaver?

18 hours ago, orangy said:

A small PatchA made to fix the two issues mentioned above.  It should fix the nora brave and shadow stalwart problems.  Its under the Undpate section in nexus.

I have a quick question, unrelated to this particular patch. I've downloaded your stealth modding resource from Nexus and followed Raq's tutorial with it, but I get bad vertex weights ingame after exporting the model, even if I do not do anything in blender. The shape gets jagged in random places. Regular mod works fine, though, and doing the same thing to files extracted from the original game files I don't get the same issue. Basically what I do is:

- Open your models\characters\humans\aloynorastealth\animation\parts\aloyns_base_ct_a_lx.core file in Blender using the HZDTools plugin

- Use the exported models\characters\humans\aloynorastealth\animation\skeletons\mesh_skeleton_rootbone.core skeleton

- Load the main LOD mesh

- Export the main LOD mesh

- Pack it using DecimaExplorer to a new file

I'd expect the result to be the same mesh, but it's jagged in some places. Am I using the wrong skeleton, maybe? Is there a way to extract the core and stream files directly from the mod files instead of only from the game files?

Just repacking the stream file from your resources file works fine, by the way.

Thanks!

By the way @orangy this is what I'm getting. I've tried other skeletons with no effect. The packed .bin file after re-exporting form Blender is smaller than the one on your mod or the one generated if I just repack the .stream file from your resources bundle.

jagged.png

1 hour ago, orangy said:

Looks like the tool doesn't properly import the skin weights.  That's why there's so many skin weight issues with the mod, you pretty much have to manually fix it.

I guess that was the inevitable conclusion. I was hoping there was a step I was missing to make it easier. Thanks!

That's a lot of bones to fix the weights for. Managed to fix most of it, but now the seams inside the thighs and in a few other places are visible, though. @orangy, since you have the most experience with this, did you fix the seams mentioned on previous versions by adjusting the weights? I tried welding the vertices (my idea was to split some in unaffected places to balance it) but it didn't work. Would it be too much to ask for you to upload the blender file with your original weights for the body?

Still, got to play around it it a bit, so thanks again!

Spoiler

Before:

before.png

After:

after.png

2 hours ago, azurebr said:

That's a lot of bones to fix the weights for. Managed to fix most of it, but now the seams inside the thighs and in a few other places are visible, though. @orangy, since you have the most experience with this, did you fix the seams mentioned on previous versions by adjusting the weights? I tried welding the vertices (my idea was to split some in unaffected places to balance it) but it didn't work. Would it be too much to ask for you to upload the blender file with your original weights for the body?

Still, got to play around it it a bit, so thanks again!

Hide contents

Before:

before.png

After:

after.png

That boob enlargement mod is tight!@ Care to upload?

4 minutes ago, tigers said:

That boob enlargement mod is tight!@ Care to upload?

As I said, it has some seams in the mesh that I don't have the practice with Blender to fix (and fuck, it's a lot of bones to worry about), but if you want to try it here it is. It's only the highest LOD as well, so set your model quality to Ultra if you don't want to see it switching all the time. It needs orangy's mod, of course.

z06Patch_stealth_baseEDIT_Test01.zip

1 hour ago, azurebr said:

As I said, it has some seams in the mesh that I don't have the practice with Blender to fix (and fuck, it's a lot of bones to worry about), but if you want to try it here it is. It's only the highest LOD as well, so set your model quality to Ultra if you don't want to see it switching all the time. It needs orangy's mod, of course.

z06Patch_stealth_baseEDIT_Test01.zip 4.44 MB · 7 downloads

Nice mod - can you color her hand and feet nails red also? 

I get a chuckle from all this. 1st I congratulate the creators for their skill.

Next - I know Aloy is one of the biggest PRUDE's I have had the pleasure to role play as in a game. Because of this I have zero interest in being 'stimulated' by her character and while a <she> I rarely even think about her gender while playing. There is already a strong matriarchal theme to the game with many male characters assuming the simp or buffoon roles. 

Still - to each their own and like I mentioned - gratz to the creators whom have given people what they want. I personally don't find HZD one of those games 'suitable' for piquing my sexual interest. Still, I laugh every time a male NPC tries to even hint at something sexual as Aloy goes full Annoyed mode and shuts them down immediately.

It was one of those ports I had hoped would happen and as a 'lifetime' PC gamer - was glad to have the opportunity to experience.

@azurebr How did you get the arms to work? Everything else works for the most part so far in my attempt, but the arms are completly busted, and I can't figure out how to use weight painting to fix it.

Here is my work in progress.

Still need to fix the UV's on some  of the parts, like the bags and such, and I have to figure out the proper weight painting for her pussy, but the arms are completly busted right now. I would appreciate any help (like which bones I should use for her upper arms, or how I should paint the arms). 

Screenshot 2021-04-18 004908.png

Screenshot 2021-04-18 005034.png

16 minutes ago, sfsafasfdsadafds said:

@azurebr How did you get the arms to work? Everything else works for the most part so far in my attempt, but the arms are completly busted, and I can't figure out how to use weight painting to fix it.

Here is my work in progress.

Still need to fix the UV's on some  of the parts, like the bags and such, and I have to figure out the proper weight painting for her pussy, but the arms are completly busted right now. I would appreciate any help (like which bones I should use for her upper arms, or how I should paint the arms). 

Screenshot 2021-04-18 004908.png

Screenshot 2021-04-18 005034.png

Did you try copying the weights from one of the outfits without the arms? I got that effect when I did that, those parts won't have the proper weights. You'll need to use @orangy's model as a template, but fix the weights first - if you go into weight painting mode and cycle through all the bones you'll see some have screwed up painting in spots, it's very strong weights far from the bone or zero weight very close to the bone, you need to smooth those over.

The Blender file attached should have most of the bones fixed and you should be able to transfer from that, though if Orangy could upload his original file then the weights would be much better.

Test3.zip