Adding a color to a nail mod

(BLUF = need color black to a nail mod that uses left index finger as slot)

hey all - wondering if anyone knows if there are any tutorials on adding a color to a nail mod. i am using a mod that uses the left index finger as the slot which is what i'm after bc it doesn't conflict with my other ring mods. the mod i use doesn't have any dark colors so i wanted to know if its easy to add black to the swatch. i used S4S to add a black swatch in the list but i think you have to do something else to make it work (like the actual nail color import?).

i've tried to use other nail mods and use S4S to change the slot in category BUT when i do that it changes the color of the ring.

any help would be appreciated.

15 minutes ago, Dynchia said:

What do you mean when you say you added a swatch? Do you mean in S4S when you loaded the mod you click add swatch and then selected black has it color in the little color square? Did you import an actual image?

lol ya... not sure on what i was supposed to do next

In most 2D programs you have the HSL/HSV option available. (Google it for more information, depending of the software you're using.)

HSL : Hue, Saturation, Lightness
HSV : Hue, Saturation, Value

(Same thing, different names)

• Export the texture,
  • Open it in your 2D editing software.
  • By changing the saturation to -100 and the Lightness to a negative value, you should get a shade of black/dark grey.
  • Save the result as a .png
  • Import it as a new swatch.
  • Save the .package.
33 minutes ago, LittleDoxy said:

In most 2D programs you have the HSL/HSV option available. (Google it for more information, depending of the software you're using.)

HSL : Hue, Saturation, Lightness
HSV : Hue, Saturation, Value

(Same thing, different names)

• Export the texture,
  • Open it in your 2D editing software.
  • By changing the saturation to -100 and the Lightness to a negative value, you should get a shade of black/dark grey.
  • Save the result as a .png
  • Import it as a new swatch.
  • Save the .package.

i use GIMP but those instructions seem very intricate for my rudimentary knowledge. ? 

LOL! Thank you EVERYONE for jumping in and explaining this. I can explain things but I'm better at showing so I was going get the mods and do a step by step via images.

@hogsmaws

I use Gimp myself and it has those abilities, the HSL/HSV adjustments. Severial of the options under the Color menu has it has part of them. Oh BTW, those nails are looking GREAT!

1 hour ago, Dynchia said:

LOL! Thank you EVERYONE for jumping in and explaining this. I can explain things but I'm better at showing so I was going get the mods and do a step by step via images.

@hogsmaws

I use Gimp myself and it has those abilities, the HSL/HSV adjustments. Severial of the options under the Color menu has it has part of them. Oh BTW, those nails are looking GREAT!

thanks! i just love blowing up the image to 800% just to fill in pixel-by-pixel  ?

On 8/5/2020 at 4:08 PM, Elsalovescocaine said:

I made a mini tuto if anyone wants to change a difusse colour from any CC, as we know some creator pick colours that nobody like it, so you can change that ugly pink coat for a white colour or add a text like  black lives matter etc. just with swatch system.

<SNIP>

THANKS!