The Steam Workshop makes me wanna punch someone in the face

Absurdity

I got a mail from Steam saying that they got my report and removed 7 other mods from the workshop (it doesn't say if those other 7 were from the same user though) and since that dude's mod uploads are all gone I guess it worked.

Well, so how does it feel to save the day, yet again, Batman? :D

Definitely wasn't only me. There were atleast 3 different people posting on all his/her mods who I guess also reported it.

I like the idea of a service that installs mods for you and one big place to find it but you will NEVER find such a place without anyone stealing or copying work... NEVER ofcourse Steam could have people moderate it but it won't solve all the problems.

I'd rather have to find and install mods myself than the constant overload of douchebag pirates trying to get some e-fame for someone else's work.

Because this may also discourage the mod authors which then leads to less awesome mods.

I like the idea of a service that installs mods for you and one big place to find it but you will NEVER find such a place without anyone stealing or copying work... NEVER ofcourse Steam could have people moderate it but it won't solve all the problems.

I'd rather have to find and install mods myself than the constant overload of douchebag pirates trying to get some e-fame for someone else's work.

Because this may also discourage the mod authors which then leads to less awesome mods.

Nexus is same as Steam workshop except Steam installs it for you and Steam doesn't moderate properly

I got a mail from Steam saying that they got my report and removed 7 other mods from the workshop (it doesn't say if those other 7 were from the same user though) and since that dude's mod uploads are all gone I guess it worked.

Definitely wasn't only me. There were atleast 3 different people posting on all his/her mods who I guess also reported it.

Finally that SupernaturalKath bastard got what he deserved, but now we also need this minikane prat to suffer the same fate. Poor XiNAVRO.  :(

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/7288-xinavros-conversions-for-skyrim/page-19?do=findComment&comment=318955

I reported some of them and asked a couple of friends for the same. I also get a mail from steam. Nice to see they are finally doing their work... Or maybe they are spying here on Lovers Lab?   O_o

Sounds like a real pain in the ass, but this makes me wonder if I should start uploading my stuff to steam workshop. Does your steam account get banned for copyrighted material like DmC armour or ported mmorpg armours?

Sounds like a real pain in the ass, but this makes me wonder if I should start uploading my stuff to steam workshop. Does your steam account get banned for copyrighted material like DmC armour or ported mmorpg armours?

if you dont have the permission yes. but if you make the armor/clothes from scratch (even if they are identical) then, no problem.

>

/>

Finally that SupernaturalKath bastard got what he deserved, but now we also need this minikane prat to suffer the same fate. Poor XiNAVRO.  :(

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/7288-xinavros-conversions-for-skyrim/page-19?do=findComment&comment=318955

I reported some of them and asked a couple of friends for the same. I also get a mail from steam. Nice to see they are finally doing their work... Or maybe they are spying here on Lovers Lab?   O_o

I hope not. To much secret of me would be revealed to the public~~~  :P

white knight modders haha. At least they help when asked.

Well it is a copy paste answer from the original author.

Im in no way supporting the copying of anyones work. it sickens me people think they can do that. i just didnt like the remark that dude made. i use steam does that make me an idiot or asshole

Im in no way supporting the copying of anyones work. it sickens me people think they can do that. i just didnt like the remark that dude made. i use steam does that make me an idiot or asshole

Nope. We are all using Steam (well mostly), and I'm sorry if my previous comment offend you in any way, I don't meant to, and I think you misinterpret my word.  :D

Nope. We are all using Steam (well mostly), and I'm sorry if my previous comment offend you in any way, I don't meant to, and I think you misinterpret my word.  :D

Huh. i was talking about the dude who said white knight modders not you. and i was not offended by your comment :) , and to the smart ass who called me chinese wtf im an aussie      if that really changes anything...

This makes me glad that the three Steam Workshop mods I use are Death by Erock and two companion mods.

I don't use the Workshop simply because it feels like it relies too much on your internet connection. After one time I had to play wih no mods due to my net being down, I decided to get NMM and use that instead.

• 1 month later...

Fame, name, and internet glory~~~ Oh, and also shame and utter disgust.

Interesting how your views change. When the same happens on LoversLab - except that the mods here are fine with ripping off others modders as long as it's not one of their own mod - you rather "Like" it than feeling utter disgust and shame.

lets all just ask him to fix a mod there, because if hes the "modder/creator" for sure hes know how work with that file,lets pick some and ask him to fix, because nothing its perfect *.*

Fame, name, and internet glory~~~ Oh, and also shame and utter disgust.

Interesting how your views change. When the same happens on LoversLab - except that the mods here are fine with ripping off others modders as long as it's not one of their own mod - you rather "Like" it than feeling utter disgust and shame.

I'd say there is a difference between uploading mods that aren't shared otherwise to Loverslab and uploading popular Nexus mods to a site with millions of users and even claiming these mods as their own work.

lets all just ask him to fix a mod there, because if hes the "modder/creator" for sure hes know how work with that file,lets pick some and ask him to fix, because nothing its perfect *.*

The thief would've just ignored or deleted those comments, well he is gone now anyway.

I'd say there is a difference between uploading mods that aren't shared otherwise to Loverslab and uploading popular Nexus mods to a site with millions of users and even claiming these mods as their own work.

Please elaborate. Just to compare:

Case 1: User takes mod from popular mod site (millions of users)

Case 2: User takes mod from popular mod workshop (millions of users)

Case 1: User reposts mod under his own user account in the workshop, gets attention etc.

Case 2: User reposts mod in his own thread on the website, gets attention etc

Case 1: User does not give credits to authors, deletes comments pointing out he is stealing mods

Case 2: User does not give credits to authors, moderators forbid comments pointing out he is stealing mods

Case 1: Most users don't care, just want to play the mod, most don't know it is not the authors mods

Case 2: Most users don't care, just want to play the mod, most do know it is not the authors mod

Case 1: Moderators remove mods, probably ban user

Case 2: Moderators point out authors can register, complain to the poster and he might remove mods then

I find it hard to see a complete different scenario here.

Steam does have some nice mods but mostly it's full of filthy thieves and trolls. SupernaturalKath is another mod thief. When it's pointed out that she's a thief you get intelligent remarks like this. "I honestly dont care if its stolen those Fuckers on Nexus didnt bother to upload it on the Workshop so fuck em."

It really makes me sick.

A "she" again? Never saw this much douche bag girl gamers since Call of Pooty

Ok then brand your mesh with 3d text. Hide it inside the mesh so if you go wireframe you can see your name. Make it part of the same nitrishape and they won't be able to delete it without breaking the entire mod (bsdismember or skin modifier).  :lol:

Archived