Books of Dibella - Alternate Start Plugin

19 hours ago, foogle323 said:

Well Im not sure what Im doing wrong then, because even with them unpacked, they still cause me crashes

All LE mods have their .BSA's extracted? And the base Alternate Start is enabled? I would suggest running your setup through the latest LOOT and see if it comes up with any dependency warnings... The game crashing before you can even start a game is usually a format or dependency problem. (Be glad--these are always the easiest to fix!)

I just used this again with SSE (.BSA extracted to loose) and it worked fine. I tried the one where you boast drunk to Camilla about doing Bleak Falls Barrow in the Buff. Worked fine; both the barrow quest and the dare quest finished together at the end. I was sort of hoping for content in it than just ending. Maybe if you try to equip any armor before finishing you fail the dare but if you succeed you can go back to Camilla for some sort of pay(back).

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2020 at 9:23 PM, Soulbringer1 said:

Nothing is even showing up . no books are there. Sghould i unpack the bsa file maybe??  This mod doesnt seam to be dong anything. Help please. I have it just after Alt Start Plugin in load order, at the bottom. :)

Make your you're not playing SSE, or some conversion work will be needed.

Make sure you're on an absolutely fresh save.

And make sure you have latest version of the mod.

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, indolu said:

So several things,
1. Do you want suggestions for new options to add and if so how much do you want to include other mods.

2. Someone did do an SE conversion btw, for everyone else coming across this. 

Feel free to throw out ideas for new books. Just be advised it all depends on how easy/hard it is to add a given mod as a soft dependency.

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought I'd drop by and say cheers for this mod. I have been using the "One night stand" book as my go to start for a little while now. I love the start with nothing approach and where it places you happens to be very handy for the Deviously Pink Shop location and opens up a few fun starts.  Thanks for making the constant need to restart due to mod changes and updates more fun again.. 

• 2 weeks later...

Great mod, already in my "must have" list.

As for some new ideas...

How about the PC being kidnapped by a horny troll, dragged and tossed in a cave in a remote location. The objective would be to escape the cave (with or without the troll around, or perhaps with some chasing at a certain point, when the troll arrives and realizes his sex toy has escaped) with no clothes/armor on and no weapons, except some very basic stuff, like a wooden stick or something. Perhaps combined with the cunning option 'Improvised Items' in Naкed Dungeons, so the player can make an improvised outfit/armor from the troll's skin (if she/he manages to kill him) and survive the harsh weather conditions defined by, let's say, Frostbite. Or something along those lines...

• 2 months later...
On 11/11/2020 at 7:01 PM, Incubusbul said:

Great mod, already in my "must have" list.

As for some new ideas...

How about the PC being kidnapped by a horny troll, dragged and tossed in a cave in a remote location. The objective would be to escape the cave (with or without the troll around, or perhaps with some chasing at a certain point, when the troll arrives and realizes his sex toy has escaped) with no clothes/armor on and no weapons, except some very basic stuff, like a wooden stick or something. Perhaps combined with the cunning option 'Improvised Items' in Naкed Dungeons, so the player can make an improvised outfit/armor from the troll's skin (if she/he manages to kill him) and survive the harsh weather conditions defined by, let's say, Frostbite. Or something along those lines...

You can start as a troll slave in Content Consumer Alternate Start. That's as close as you can get. Also, if you can kill a troll at level one with improvised weapons only, maybe your game is a bit too easy, because that's not a believable scenario. For the clothes, you could find a pelt from an animal the troll took to the cave.

Just want to give some feedback on the egg laying starts. The Spider and Frostflow starts are too difficult if you play with Requiem or mods that make enemies tougher. Of course you can't keep all mods in mind when making the starts, but maybe you could remove some of the combat. If the lighthouse quest could be completed without clearing the dungeon and if you started closer to the exit in the mine, it would work for everyone. I'd be dead in no time if I attempted them without adjusting the difficulty a lot, and that would be cheating.

Regarding the search for a cure quest: (don't read if you intend to play it)

Spoiler

It's confusing that it just ends without finding a cure. Will the "condition" be gone after you give birth, or are we forced to lay eggs the rest of our playthrough? Some hints could be provided in the journal.

19 hours ago, saltshade said:

Just want to give some feedback on the egg laying starts. The Spider and Frostflow starts are too difficult if you play with Requiem or mods that make enemies tougher. Of course you can't keep all mods in mind when making the starts, but maybe you could remove some of the combat. If the lighthouse quest could be completed without clearing the dungeon and if you started closer to the exit in the mine, it would work for everyone. I'd be dead in no time if I attempted them without adjusting the difficulty a lot, and that would be cheating.

Regarding the search for a cure quest: (don't read if you intend to play it)

Reveal hidden contents

It's confusing that it just ends without finding a cure. Will the "condition" be gone after you give birth, or are we forced to lay eggs the rest of our playthrough? Some hints could be provided in the journal.

Re: Frostflow - You get two objectives from it, the vanilla quest to clear the dungeon, and a custom one to just bolt out the front door. There's nothing but your own OCD to keep you from coming back at a higher level to clear the dungeon.

Re: Spider - Not sure there's a decent area in the mine that has relatively safe space to wake up in and is closer to the exit.

Re: Search for a Cure/Dragon's Ritual:

Spoiler

They're both kind of relying on a behavior built in to Egg Factory; if you end up laying eggs in a town, but not in the privacy of a player home, the courier will send you a note on where to find Egg Factory's remove curse potions.

3 hours ago, saltshade said:

In the Frostflow Lighthouse start, we start heavily pregnant according to the log. I can only assume it's a chaurus infection, but I don't have a debuff in my spell list that confirms it. I just have a big belly. Is that something I should worry about?

It's an Egg Factory pregnancy, those don't show in the active effects list. (Your belly is another story).

Using the SSE conversion. Ok, got a very weird one with the Lake skinny dipping. I go to it, choose the bed, and then it loads. The moment I get into Skyrim location that it uses however, it loads me back into the LAL cell and i can't get it to trigger again. I just sleep like normal. And it also gives me two version of LAL in the start menu quest mod. Wondering if that might hurt it too? Idk; why exactly does it need racemenu to close before it registers the quest? If maybe we could find a way that doesn't use that or just uses the main menu like SSO did, it might help??? i have no idea; just thinking.

22 hours ago, Kage777 said:

Using the SSE conversion. Ok, got a very weird one with the Lake skinny dipping. I go to it, choose the bed, and then it loads. The moment I get into Skyrim location that it uses however, it loads me back into the LAL cell and i can't get it to trigger again. I just sleep like normal. And it also gives me two version of LAL in the start menu quest mod. Wondering if that might hurt it too? Idk; why exactly does it need racemenu to close before it registers the quest? If maybe we could find a way that doesn't use that or just uses the main menu like SSO did, it might help??? i have no idea; just thinking.

I don't know what you mean by "start menu quest mod", or what the race menu has to do with the quest. It sounds like you're confusing the menus. Try to use the correct names when describing a problem. But anyway, when starting the skinny dipping scenario you should have one active quest from BoD and a completed quest from LAL in the journal that you bring up by pressing J.

If you have two versions of LAL in the MCM (configuration menu of SkyUI) then something is very wrong and you should start a new game and wait for messages to finish before doing anything. Then you should save and reload the game. Then wait for new messages to finish and save again. But before that make sure you don't have two different versions of LAL and that BoD loads after LAL. If you're not using MO, I would delete the LAL install folder and re-install to be sure it's clean. That's all I can think of with the information you provided.

• 1 month later...

1.2.0 is out with more starting options:

* Polar Dare: You won a swimming contest against a mage from Winterhold, who got his revenge by stealing your clothes.

Top Shelf, right side (new section):

Radiant Prostitution/Gigolo recommended:

* Whore of [City]: You are working as a prostitute in that city's inn.

12 hours ago, MorePrinniesDood said:

1.2.0 is out with more starting options:

* Polar Dare: You won a swimming contest against a mage from Winterhold, who got his revenge by stealing your clothes.

Top Shelf, right side (new section):

Radiant Prostitution/Gigolo recommended:

* Whore of [City]: You are working as a prostitute in that city's inn.

Yes for more Naked and no equipments starts  :)

It would be cool if there was at least one near for each hold or village

One for near Markath could be

"What happened ? I drink at the inn and then i regain consciousness naked barely escaping from some cultist trying to prepare me for a meal or something ? "

Another one could be at Rorikstead ?

"Tried to rob a house but got caught ! Instead of telling the guards, he robbed me of everything and told me that he was teaching me a lesson"

Another one could be next to a mine maybe Kynesgreave ?

"Shouldve know that was a trick !, To prove i wasn't affraid i got dared to enter the mine with nothing on but a pickaxe to get a ore but when i came back with the ore, they all left and also took my clothes.

For Dragon Bridge near solitude ?

"Nobody thought i could do it, having a blast jumping the bridge but got caught in the current and tore my clothes, got out of the river but i am so embarrassed, i need to find some clothes before i become the laughing stock of the village"

For Ivarstead

"Family wanted me to stay in the village but i want to explore and be a adventurer.  They kick me out with nothing !"

Ill stop inspiration begin to fade :)