Cervids: Deer Races of Skyrim

Think I'll just call her Zelle because, you see, I have a very good imagination.

Zelle1.jpg

Spoiler

Zelle2.jpg

Zelle3.jpg

Zelle4.jpg

FakeGazelle.jpg

FakeGazelle2.jpg

ImGonnaSlapp.jpg

YvengarZelle.jpg

GoinCommando.jpg

And a random fawn because why not.

MoreFawn.jpg

- - - - -

Also, you forgot to change the 1st person hand meshes for the deers so if you don't have horses installed, they are invisible (thank @Raydric for reporting it).

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.6331898fa5a7290c8089c223da10c5d6.png

The tails also seem to be very bright compared to bodies but I didn't think of taking a pic to show what I mean which is very ironic, I know.

38 minutes ago, ASlySpyDuo said:

Think I'll just call her Zelle because, you see, I have a very good imagination.

Hide contents

ImGonnaSlapp.jpg

- - - - -

As always, beautiful screenshots :thumbsup:. She looks great ❤️. I like this screenshot the most ?.

K, good.

There is a funny thing with the hair. On my machine some of the vanilla-based hair has funny shadows in the prison but looks fine once you get outside, so I haven't decided whether I really need to fix it.

The problem is: Lots of "double sided" meshes are implemented by duplicating the mesh and flipping the normals on the duplicate. This works better for the lighting, because it can be calculated separately on each side, and apparently is easier on the game engine. However, when I run one of these meshes through blender it gets messed up. I'm guessing that there's some kind of rounding error on the vert positions so faces that should be on the outside of the pair end up on the inside. You'd think, since faces are invisible when seen from the back side, that wouldn't matter, but in fact those faces can look black in game, maybe because the shader thinks they're shadowed. It's fixable in blender with an operator that pushes faces in a mesh in the direction of their normal, which would slide the faces past each other and fix the problem. The two sides wouldn't be exactly on top of each other, but I don't think that would matter.

tl;dr The vanilla hair uses this technique and I ran it through blender, so if it looks odd in game let me know and I'll do the work necessary to fix it.

On 8/15/2020 at 4:52 AM, Bad Dog said:

Y'all are a bunch of mangy furballs and I don't like you at all.

New version up with the above fixes and some more.

Im sorry Bad Dog if I bother you again.

Although I have updated it, I still do not have the other types of eyes.

I only have 5 types of eyes ?

EDIT:

Thanks to the help by Kreittis from YA discord support.

It looks like an accident that you turned all male eyes from previous version to female eyes instead of duplicating them.

2 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Wut

Are you sure? I have a full set of eyes for both sexes. Full set meaning both horse-type and human-type.

This is strange

The problem only happens with male deer that have 5 eye colors (horse-type) while females have 36 colors

I have the horses mod too and there is no problem, male horses have 34 eye colors

6 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Are you sure? I have a full set of eyes for both sexes. Full set meaning both horse-type and human-type.

The 1.2 plugin has 5 records for males and full royal flush of 34 for females, male eyes being the horse eyes carried over from horse race.

So either you accidentally uploaded wrong plugin or there's something baked in your save and you get all eyes since as we all know, Skyrim aspires to be the best baker in the world.

• 2 weeks later...

EyeAd.jpg

Here's a dumb ad for a minor thing I did.

Adds eyes that glow for both sexes. Yes, that's it.
Heavily inspired by Doe of Deadwood (http://doeofdeadwood.thecomicseries.com/comics/first/), though I didn't go for the tiny pupil aside from the demonic ones.

This is for Legendary Edition! Feel free to try and convert it to SE with Cathedral Assets Optimizer or similar though.

Load after BD Deer Race obviously.

Glowing Eyes for BD Deer Race.7z

Credits to Bad Dog for the eye meshes and nevenbridge81 for Natural Eyes which I used as base.

Uncropped pics in case someone wants to oogle at them or something:

Spoiler

Eye1.jpg

Eye2.jpg

Eye3.jpg

Eye4.jpg

Eye5.jpg

Eye6.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, ShadowManGray said:

Raccoon

there is a texture mod for that.

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/13854-fox-replacer-for-lykaios-race-now-includes-raccoons/

Bear

i think that is wip

Rat

there's one on nexus....not good but it's there.

Cheetah

already in YA