"Do you want to hang out tonight" just doesn't work anymore.

I recently updated to v1.63 of the game and v1.55 of Wicked Whims. Now, whenever someone calls my sim with the message where it asks if you want to hang out at some other location, I press OK and then absolutely nothing happens.

13 hours ago, rb813 said:

I recently updated to v1.63 of the game and v1.55 of Wicked Whims. Now, whenever someone calls my sim with the message where it asks if you want to hang out at some other location, I press OK and then absolutely nothing happens.

1.63 was a big update and broke most script mods so do you have any other mods you didn't update?

Also the newest game version is 1.64 now as it had several bug fixes.

If it's not a mod issue you could try doing an Origin Repair.

Don't forget to delete your localthumbcache in your TS4 folder whenever you add, remove, or update mods or the game itself.

1 hour ago, Scorpio said:

1.63 was a big update and broke most script mods so do you have any other mods you didn't update?

I was intending to say no (other than MCCC, which I also updated), but I went back and double-checked, and realized I had left a bunch of LittleMsSam script mods that I wasn't using anymore. Absent-minded me, I distinctly remember having the thought that I didn't need to update them because I wasn't using those features for my current game, but I never actually removed them from my mods folder. Maybe taking those out will change things, I'll check back in here if the problem persists.

One other thing worth noting is that I added Get Famous at right around the same time I updated, so it's possible that the problem has something to do with that instead of the version update.

1 hour ago, Scorpio said:

Don't forget to delete your localthumbcache in your TS4 folder whenever you add, remove, or update mods or the game itself.

Just for curiosity's sake, can you shed a little light on the mechanics of how localthumbcache affects all that other stuff? It'll probably be easier for me to remember I need to delete it regularly if I understand more about what it does.

4 minutes ago, rb813 said:

Just for curiosity's sake, can you shed a little light on the mechanics of how localthumbcache affects all that other stuff? It'll probably be easier for me to remember I need to delete it regularly if I understand more about what it does.

Every time the game loads it uses this to help load times, as in a 'game cache' for commonly used files in game.

Often when updating mods or the game itself this cache file has old data that's still loading and doesn't match the updated game/mods.

Like trying to load two different game versions, or mods, at the same time.

This file keeps growing and can get quite large over time so I also just delete it when it gets too large.

LittlMsSam had several mods that needed updates after the 1.63 patch so best to delete them if not needed anymore.  

Okay, so I've now played the game again with those old mods removed, and the Hang Out bug is still happening. I've also noticed for a while now that, when I select the Ask To Hang Out dialogue option (with someone who's already there right in front of me), they seem to always leave (say "I have to be running along now" or whatever) immediately after they agree to hang out. I wonder if those two things are related.

19 hours ago, rb813 said:

To Hang Out dialogue option (with someone who's already there right in front of me), they seem to always leave (say "I have to be running along now" or whatever) immediately after they agree to hang out. I wonder if those two things are related.

This part is normal, but if you have a very high relationship with the other sim they will sometimes just walk right into your house to watch TV or ask for sex.

If you still can't fast travel to their location when your active sim is asked then something is still not right.

Try doing an Origin Repair in case it's a corrupted game file causing it.

If it doesn't fix it then you must still have another mod messing with it.

Check here for some more info on broken mods, but take note they don't discuss any adult mods there. 

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/976565/broken-updated-mods-cc-june-20-eco-lifestyle-patch

Okay, I did the debug thing of taking everything out of my mods folder and then putting them back one by one. Through this method, I have determined that the bug is caused by MC Command Center. I keep old versions of mods on my hard drive, so I was further able to determine that v6.5 of MCCC does not cause the bug I described (which is fortunate, because that's the oldest version I have archived).

EDIT: It turns out v6.5 doesn't cause the bug because it just doesn't function at all with the updated game.