attraction system issue (for me at least)

It was a good idea but after a few goes i now Always just disable this feature because it seems this feature HEAVILY favors random generated trash sims for some reason. literally every game all my females are attracted and daydreaming about the same old ugly elder pears the game just loves to spam spawn and all males are Always into elder obese random females. autonomy also seems to favor them but at least by shift click disabling them from autonomy i can counter that problem but yeah…. the attraction system was interesting but i just don't want my sims to Always be attracted to homeless random generated garbage sims every freaking game.... hope you guys can fix this somehow or add a feature to exclude randoms entirely from the mod

There was a recent issue with v158 - 158.2 (Patreon) where the attractiveness descriptions in the Relationships panel were flipped so it was showing what that sim thought of your sim and not the other way it should be. Fixed in 158.3.
I am not having any other problems with it now, but because there was sometimes a random glitch where it would forget all the Att. settings you made on a sim I have got into the process of doing ww.fix from console, set all the sims att. preferences, do ww.fix again (probably one of these not needed) and then saving the game. Doing this I no longer suffer this glitch unless I change to another save file.

On 7/8/2020 at 5:09 AM, Gnomeosaurus said:

It was a good idea but after a few goes i now Always just disable this feature because it seems this feature HEAVILY favors random generated trash sims for some reason. literally every game all my females are attracted and daydreaming about the same old ugly elder pears the game just loves to spam spawn and all males are Always into elder obese random females. autonomy also seems to favor them but at least by shift click disabling them from autonomy i can counter that problem but yeah…. the attraction system was interesting but i just don't want my sims to Always be attracted to homeless random generated garbage sims every freaking game.... hope you guys can fix this somehow or add a feature to exclude randoms entirely from the mod

Totally agree! This is a so interesting features but it works like shit. I'm just tired of the fact that my Sims are attracted not to my settings but to some random freaks so I had to disable it. It would be great if it worked properly.

Well, if anybody is willing to provide actual examples to look at, I will be glad to investigate. I'm working on Attractiveness right now, but its core mechanics are not going to change.

On 7/8/2020 at 4:09 AM, Gnomeosaurus said:

It was a good idea but after a few goes i now Always just disable this feature because it seems this feature HEAVILY favors random generated trash sims for some reason.

It sounds to me like you're complaining about randomly generated preferences liking randomly generated Sims. I guess it fits, so not much else to expect from randomness being random and randomly liking the random results. Either random or everything is mostly the same. There's no winning here unless you put care into deciding what Sims like yourself.

On 7/13/2020 at 9:34 AM, Shellty_ said:

Totally agree! This is a so interesting features but it works like shit. I'm just tired of the fact that my Sims are attracted not to my settings but to some random freaks so I had to disable it. It would be great if it worked properly.

I will be glad to see examples of how your Sim likes fit other Sims that do not actually match the preferences you defined.

Without examples I cannot say anything. It's very easy for an individual to idealize one look and only that one look, so if anything isn't it or similar, it seems like your fantasy of Sims liking what you think is beauty doesn't work. Attractiveness isn't based on any real world standards, it's based on your game world. If your game world is filled with random ugly Sims, then that's the standard, and that can be a very good thing. Any Sim that stands out from that random ugly Sim standard, and any Sim that likes these standing out features will very easily connect. If you neither populate the world with Sims you think are attractive or define your Sims preferences, the system is still going to work, it's just not going to be able to know what you actually think is right. The Sims you play are do not define the beauty of the world, the world does it.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 7:09 PM, TURBODRIVER said:

Well, if anybody is willing to provide actual examples to look at, I will be glad to investigate. I'm working on Attractiveness right now, but its core mechanics are not going to change.

It sounds to me like you're complaining about randomly generated preferences liking randomly generated Sims. I guess it fits, so not much else to expect from randomness being random and randomly liking the random results. Either random or everything is mostly the same. There's no winning here unless you put care into deciding what Sims like yourself.

I will be glad to see examples of how your Sim likes fit other Sims that do not actually match the preferences you defined.

Without examples I cannot say anything. It's very easy for an individual to idealize one look and only that one look, so if anything isn't it or similar, it seems like your fantasy of Sims liking what you think is beauty doesn't work. Attractiveness isn't based on any real world standards, it's based on your game world. If your game world is filled with random ugly Sims, then that's the standard, and that can be a very good thing. Any Sim that stands out from that random ugly Sim standard, and any Sim that likes these standing out features will very easily connect. If you neither populate the world with Sims you think are attractive or define your Sims preferences, the system is still going to work, it's just not going to be able to know what you actually think is right. The Sims you play are do not define the beauty of the world, the world does it.

adding in an option to exclude homeless sims from the mod entirely would be a start? so the mod only generates the attraction based on housed sims alone, and as far as i am concerned the entire mod may work like that. i am already surprised there isn't a factor based on wealth…pretty sure golddiggers only care about $$$ when picking a partner :P

and i already tried to adjust it, doesn't make a difference, it still favors the randoms, hence why i turned to this forum since the feature has potential but the way it works now i just Always end up disable it since i do not enjoy my females daydreaming about those pearshaped freaks the game loves to flood the game with.

just trying to help make it better ;) i am pretty sure the game itself is a huge factor of the problem since well...the game itself also overprioretizes the randoms for some weird reason i haven't discovered yet. adding in an option to fully disable homeless sims is my best bet to fix this so those who don't like randoms dominating even more of their gameplay can finally put an end to this.

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2020 at 6:22 PM, bellendaine said:

Agree. I also disable this 'cause it never seems to work properly. I'll set attractiveness parameters and the pop-ups for my Sim have nothing to do with them.

exactly haha i Always make my sims dislike elders and put in work to make their likes the way i want them and even then it still picks someone who doesn't match my settings at all...and ofcourse it is Genji Yamamoto the redhaired pear…. i just disable the attraction system these days… i still believe it has potential but as it is now it just doesn't work for me...

8 hours ago, Gnomeosaurus said:

adding in an option to exclude homeless sims from the mod entirely would be a start? so the mod only generates the attraction based on housed sims alone, and as far as i am concerned the entire mod may work like that. i am already surprised there isn't a factor based on wealth…pretty sure golddiggers only care about $$$ when picking a partner :P

and i already tried to adjust it, doesn't make a difference, it still favors the randoms, hence why i turned to this forum since the feature has potential but the way it works now i just Always end up disable it since i do not enjoy my females daydreaming about those pearshaped freaks the game loves to flood the game with.

just trying to help make it better ;) i am pretty sure the game itself is a huge factor of the problem since well...the game itself also overprioretizes the randoms for some weird reason i haven't discovered yet. adding in an option to fully disable homeless sims is my best bet to fix this so those who don't like randoms dominating even more of their gameplay can finally put an end to this.

I'm slightly confused why you're concerned about homeless Sims, but that can totally be an option, if you think it will make difference. Additionally, I made tweaks regarding attractiveness scoring to look at player-made Sims differently, as they would most likely be a lot more detailed than anything generated by the game.

Money ain't looks, and Attractiveness is all about looks. The system does recognize how expensive an outfit looks, by checking what it is made out of, but that's a very minor element.

And because it seems to me like a lot of players aren't keen on spending time selecting all preferences, the generators have been slightly expanded and Sims come with "half-preferences" based on the few things you select to further focus their preferences. This will be explained more after release.

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2020 at 11:31 AM, TURBODRIVER said:

I'm slightly confused why you're concerned about homeless Sims.

i want to keep the random generated sims out of my gameplay because i prefer my stories and gameplay to involve the premades and my own created sims. however, like i said, the game somehow seems to prioretize the randoms for some reason and this also seems to affect even mods like your attraction feature since literally every single time i leave it on my sims are ALWAYS, not sometimes but ALWAYS attracted to random generated townies no matter how heavily i tailor my sims to dislike them :/  i am concerned about them because they are way too dominantly present in this game and i prefer them to not be involved in my gameplay at all since i prefer the premade sims with actual stories and matching traits and such instead of the more than often poorly generated randoms who make no sense at all.

an option to exclude homeless sims from the attraction system or even the entire mod can help those like me who want the randoms out of their gameplay. if people like them they can choose to leave the switch off and include the homeless (or not in world sims, whatever you wanna call them ;) ) category sims

Maybe an option to generate attractiveness for all sims based on an average of player-chosen attractiveness preferences, would work well. For example in my case, I usually go into the preferences for my few played sims, but even for those few I don't necessarily want them to only like just one person of a particular hair color (I had this issue when I picked to generated based on romantic relationships, and since he only had 1 relationship, it only chose to like the traits of that one person, when in reality you might like both blondes and brunettes for example). 

So if you were to do attractiveness based on the average of all the sims preferences (that you've manually chosen), it would give a wider range for all sims while also reflecting what you personally find attractive. This should also be split by gender. 

• 4 months later...

Ok well Im glad to see its not just me having these issues.

There is a menu “Select Sim Preferences”… Well it does NOT do what it says on the tin!

I set up my sim to like the same shapes, colours, hairs, e.t.c  to match my own tastes, but he still finds the women that don’t fit his preferences attractive and he somehow manages to find women I find very attractive as very unattractive.  Not only that but it keeps changing.  Even though the preferences I have selected remain the same, my sim’s tastes change for no apparent reason, usually during relationships. He will start a relationship finding a woman attractive or very attractive and then later on he will suddenly find them very unattractive.  It happens a lot.  There’s even one woman that so long as she is not living with him, he finds very attractive, but whenever she moves in it’s the opposite.  It doesn’t make sense and seems to be randomising the preferences without actually using what is specified by me the player.

i can also confirm that the attraction system is no longer working properly. it is very easy for a sim to do sex with any sim that has a high relationship with her . the attractiveness only works on the positive side, the negative attractiveness is not working. in older versions of the mod a sim could refuse sex with an unatractive sim. now this is not only not happening, but also a sim accept sex with anyone that has a very high friendship and no negative romance (even if the romance level is zero).

7 hours ago, araka2 said:

by the way , is there an option to make only sims that have romance points on relationships to be able to have sex with other sims?

WW Settings/Sex Settings/Cheats: turn off 'Always Accept'

WW Settings/Sex Settings/Autonomy Settings/Autonomy Specifics

NPC Sims Relationship Modifier: (set to 0.0 or less for stricter relationship requirements for autonomous sex)
Player to NPC Sims Relationship: (same as above?)

Autonomy Awareness: Player Sims: ON, Joining Sex: ON, Relationship Awareness: ON, ( OFF for Cheating)
Joining Sex Gender Compliance: ON (OFF for group sex?)
Joining Sex Relationship Compliance: ON 

it did not work. in older versions of this mod when a sim reject another  multiple reasons were listed , among the reason was unnatractiveness. but now this is not happening, attractiveness is not listed. at least this is not happening just in my game. 

it is also not a mod , since i had made the test of deleting most of the content and the problem persisted. but im testing with the sims on my household, not with npcs.

• 2 weeks later...

my theory is that the attractiveness system stopped working on the negative side (regarding sex) after the "ask for what is unnatractive" option was removed.

in older versions of the mod a sim could ask what the sim finds unnatractive and what she thinks  is attractive

In my opinion, the attractiveness system as it is is just plain broken. Preferences never seem to stick. Every time I fire up the game, my sims have changed their preferences for a lot of sims. NPCs that are considered Very Attractive often get bumped down to Attractive. I've even had cases where Extreme attraction changes for no good reason other than the fact that I rebooted the game. And if you have to delete your localthumbcache file for any reason, you can be pretty much assured that it will change the way your sim feels about other sims.

The settings don't seem to be static enough to be considered for any meaningful gameplay purposes which is a shame. The system in and of itself is good in theory but it just doesn't seem to work properly and I've given up relying on it for a gameplay mechanic.

On 1/7/2021 at 11:21 PM, BatDood said:

In my opinion, the attractiveness system as it is is just plain broken. Preferences never seem to stick. Every time I fire up the game, my sims have changed their preferences for a lot of sims. NPCs that are considered Very Attractive often get bumped down to Attractive. I've even had cases where Extreme attraction changes for no good reason other than the fact that I rebooted the game. And if you have to delete your localthumbcache file for any reason, you can be pretty much assured that it will change the way your sim feels about other sims.

The settings don't seem to be static enough to be considered for any meaningful gameplay purposes which is a shame. The system in and of itself is good in theory but it just doesn't seem to work properly and I've given up relying on it for a gameplay mechanic.

I believe what you're experiencing is your world growing, and as it grows, new Sims with their random bodies and outfits introduce new variables to the world view. As the world view changes, Sims perceive certain things differently due to popular things losing on value when used by masses and niche things gaining on value due to being unique. You're existing in an ever changing world, where what's attractive changes as the world progresses.

It's easy to see where the problem is of course, you expect that everything you established stays like that. Once someone is attractive there is no reason for that to change, for Sims views to not be affected by external world forces. And you're definitely not alone in thinking that, so I will put the effort forward in introducing a new Attractiveness mode that freezes the world view, so it just doesn't matter anymore. Realistically, the world views shouldn't be fluctuating so much, but it could be that I was simply wrong.

Please let me know how you find it working once that change gets introduced, if you're still interested in using WickedWhims by that time. Thanks.

On 1/9/2021 at 11:46 AM, TURBODRIVER said:

I believe what you're experiencing is your world growing, and as it grows, new Sims with their random bodies and outfits introduce new variables to the world view. As the world view changes, Sims perceive certain things differently due to popular things losing on value when used by masses and niche things gaining on value due to being unique. You're existing in an ever changing world, where what's attractive changes as the world progresses.

It's easy to see where the problem is of course, you expect that everything you established stays like that. Once someone is attractive there is no reason for that to change, for Sims views to not be affected by external world forces. And you're definitely not alone in thinking that, so I will put the effort forward in introducing a new Attractiveness mode that freezes the world view, so it just doesn't matter anymore. Realistically, the world views shouldn't be fluctuating so much, but it could be that I was simply wrong.

Please let me know how you find it working once that change gets introduced, if you're still interested in using WickedWhims by that time. Thanks.

Many thanks for chiming in Turbo.

I certainly understand and agree with what you're trying to achieve with this system. Attractiveness can definitely fluctuate and as sims get older or gain/lose weight, it stands to reason. But from what I've experienced, the fluctuations are really too random and happen way too frequently to depend on it for gameplay. Believe me, I like what the attraction system puts on the table. It's just a better Sims 4 experience. But if I'm playing a sim that likes to nurture a relationship that was hard to find in the first place, I don't really want to fire up the game only to find that "dream sim" isn't that sim anymore.

And here is where the problem lies. Any changes in relationships always get bumped down. In real life, there are many couples who gain more and more attraction to each other as the years pass. The WW Attraction system as it currently stands, does not do this. Not that I've seen, anyway. It's always a downward motion leaving your played sim with either one of two options:

A) staying with someone that they're not really attracted to anymore

B) moving on and finding someone new

I'm not suggesting that Attraction needs to grow, although that would be welcome. I would personally just like to see that attraction be a little more dependable from a gameplay standpoint. 

I'll be looking forward to the change you mention and will certainly give feedback once I've played with it a bit.

On 1/10/2021 at 3:16 AM, TURBODRIVER said:

I totally agree with what Just a Dood is saying.  Same experience I am having too. 

Plus what is the point of having a Physical Attractiveness menu when it can be overridden by relationship and time factors?    The opinion of my Sim on physical attractiveness is going from one extreme to the next regardless of physical appearance preferences and even when the Sims he "was" attracted to has not changed their appearance in any way. 

Plus in my game the world isnt changing.  I dont have aging on.  I use NPCC to prevent random Sims from being generated. I have a huge collection of my own NPC's and Townies that I stick with.  Yet my Sims change their opinions all of the time for what seems like no reason at all.  Even Sims that he not only finds physically attractive, even have personality traits in common and have no bad conversational encounters with, he will suddenly decide he finds them very unattractive.   It really does spoil an otherwise great idea for a game mechanic. 

Hi (this is my first post her, be kind)

Is there a walk-through or on how to set my sims preferences? A manual? The Features-page only describe what can be done, not how. The wording when shift-clicking on sims is open to interpretation. When "Setting sim preferences", which sim are we talking about? The sim I clicked on? The sim played at the moment? My household? All sims? No matter what sim I shift-click on, my played sim appear in the little portrait window. I believe it's an option to set a single sims preferences to like the looks and style of a specific other sim, but the wording in the menu isn't clear enough to allow me to make sure I know what I'm doing. I'd rather not make my played sim the global paragon of beauty, nor make my sims prefer themselves as the beauty ideal (both would ruin gameplay). 

I'd be happy to help out with wording to make the settings a bit clearer if it is relevant.

2 hours ago, PetPatPut said:

Hi (this is my first post her, be kind)

Is there a walk-through or on how to set my sims preferences? A manual? The Features-page only describe what can be done, not how. The wording when shift-clicking on sims is open to interpretation. When "Setting sim preferences", which sim are we talking about? The sim I clicked on? The sim played at the moment? My household? All sims? No matter what sim I shift-click on, my played sim appear in the little portrait window. I believe it's an option to set a single sims preferences to like the looks and style of a specific other sim, but the wording in the menu isn't clear enough to allow me to make sure I know what I'm doing. I'd rather not make my played sim the global paragon of beauty, nor make my sims prefer themselves as the beauty ideal (both would ruin gameplay). 

I'd be happy to help out with wording to make the settings a bit clearer if it is relevant.

Good news! That will be made more clear in the future update!

unknown.png

1 hour ago, HuskTheHelpful said:

Good news! That will be made more clear in the future update!

unknown.png

That is extremely good news! Thanks to all modders working on this, you're making the game so much more enjoyable! Du you have any idea when this will be available?

Does that mean that when shift-clicking on a sim, you'd be adjusting that specific sim's preferences, regardless of what sim's portrait shows in the dialog window?