attraction system issue (for me at least)

Hello everyone!

I'm having an issue after updating the game and wickedwhims where my sims don't seem to have any opinions regarding other's appearance. I have the appearance menu to generate and select preferences, and I can scope the surroundings, but going through the relationships panel, hovering the sims doesn't show any information about their appearance.

The only exception I've got is: "Tunable Game Resource with name 'RTF:Singing_PublishAlbum_Away "Away Super Interaction"' contains incorrect/outdated information." - to which I'm struggling to find the responsible mod, but other than that seems clean.

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance.

17 hours ago, theclansman said:

Hello everyone!

I'm having an issue after updating the game and wickedwhims where my sims don't seem to have any opinions regarding other's appearance. I have the appearance menu to generate and select preferences, and I can scope the surroundings, but going through the relationships panel, hovering the sims doesn't show any information about their appearance.

The only exception I've got is: "Tunable Game Resource with name 'RTF:Singing_PublishAlbum_Away "Away Super Interaction"' contains incorrect/outdated information." - to which I'm struggling to find the responsible mod, but other than that seems clean.

Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance.

That'd be outdated Road to Fame.

But do you believe that is the cause? Seems very unrelated. Also, I have searched for this file in my mods folder and I can't find it anywhere, all I can find is 3 clothing items with names that start with RTF. I've never even heard of this mod before, so I doubt I have it installed ?‍♂️

16 hours ago, theclansman said:

But do you believe that is the cause? Seems very unrelated. Also, I have searched for this file in my mods folder and I can't find it anywhere, all I can find is 3 clothing items with names that start with RTF. I've never even heard of this mod before, so I doubt I have it installed ?‍♂️

RTF stands for Road to Fame.

This is the only piece of information you've given so yeah I believe it, one broken mod can cause dozens of working ones to break.

I'm rather new to Sims 4, but my sim always acts disgusted by this other sim after a romantic interaction. It seems like he's not attracted to her, but perceives her as Very Attractive. Any suggestions?

1520734280_2021-01-26001.png.bcba467086f621b700f45af71132d982.png707828128_2021-01-26002.png.e1bb3aebbfce8eb0c038b8bf604b1b5f.png

Edit: Nevermind. Apparently I didn't closely read the No Touching trait from being a celebrity.

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/12/2021 at 4:47 AM, BatDood said:

Many thanks for chiming in Turbo.

I certainly understand and agree with what you're trying to achieve with this system. Attractiveness can definitely fluctuate and as sims get older or gain/lose weight, it stands to reason. But from what I've experienced, the fluctuations are really too random and happen way too frequently to depend on it for gameplay. Believe me, I like what the attraction system puts on the table. It's just a better Sims 4 experience. But if I'm playing a sim that likes to nurture a relationship that was hard to find in the first place, I don't really want to fire up the game only to find that "dream sim" isn't that sim anymore.

And here is where the problem lies. Any changes in relationships always get bumped down. In real life, there are many couples who gain more and more attraction to each other as the years pass. The WW Attraction system as it currently stands, does not do this. Not that I've seen, anyway. It's always a downward motion leaving your played sim with either one of two options:

A) staying with someone that they're not really attracted to anymore

B) moving on and finding someone new

I'm not suggesting that Attraction needs to grow, although that would be welcome. I would personally just like to see that attraction be a little more dependable from a gameplay standpoint. 

I'll be looking forward to the change you mention and will certainly give feedback once I've played with it a bit.

Today's update features the changes I talked about, so you can try it now, assuming you only use the LL releases.

3 hours ago, TURBODRIVER said:

Today's update features the changes I talked about, so you can try it now, assuming you only use the LL releases.

Thank you for the update. I'll be installing it as soon as I confirm my other mods have been updated as well. I appreciate your hard work to make WW an even better experience.

We have pre-build families like Goth, etc. When applying attraction one should assume that Mr and Ms Goth are attracted by each other (and to some extend as they are family also to their kids). Applying random values or generated ones based on all other sims do likely not work.

Reading nothing about the standard families I suspect that this may be an issue.

Or is there a bonus for married or proposed sims and family?

On 2/26/2021 at 5:17 PM, TURBODRIVER said:

Well I've updated and managed to play with it for a bit. I have to say that I'm very happy with the change. Attraction is now consistent right across the board and it's something that I will now continue to have enabled now that I feel that I can rely on it. I'm not sure if it's just my setup or default but I really liked the fact that the setting was set to static right off the bat. Small point to mention but I appreciated it.

There's one thing worth mentioning. I brought this up on another thread but I'll mention it here so that you're aware. I think a big contributing factor to the unstable nature of the Attraction system before was CC content.

Recently, I went through the very lengthy process of retagging all of my CC. Hair, makeup, clothes. Everything. What I was amazed to find out is that a huge amount of it was improperly tagged. Long hair tagged as short, short as long, etc. I'm not sure why some CC creators take so little care in their tagging but that's another gripe entirely.

I had done the retagging before updating and noticed that the Attraction system was a little more reliable even before updating. Especially when the hair tags were accurate. Of course there's nothing that you can do about that, (not should you be required to). Whatever people decide to put in their game should be their responsibility. 

I just thought it was worth mentioning as that could be a big reason for people having issues in the past. Especially if they're using a lot of CC.

On 3/3/2021 at 1:12 PM, BatDood said:

I'm not sure why some CC creators take so little care in their tagging but that's another gripe entirely.

I’ve found this too and it is infuriating, especially given how tedious it is to re-tag everything (why doesn’t S4S have a batch re-tag option?). Tags seem to be totally random in many cases. As someone who gets obsessed with organizing stuff, I just want to smack them.

but this is beside the point, so I’ll shut up now...