INCproject

INCproject

A modder is never late, nor is he early, he uploads/updates precisely when he means to.

wats dis?
This is a mod that uses traits and tracks incest relations (current and even former ones), children born out of incest, and does some few things with it, there is custom opinion modifier made by hidden trait that serves as a sort of anchor for another "general opinion" but one that doesnt apply to specified groups (such as zoroastrians for example) and this opinion is applied to all traits by this mod (basicaly people going boo on incest), its a bit of feature creep for a tracker so if you want you can remove it (remove the trait and anything that has the line "opofinc" in it since it has things to do with it)

feature summary

-traits that appear for people that have incestuous opposite sex lover and what kind of relationship it is (like brother-sister or uncle-niece etc)
   -traits that appear for people that used to have incestuous opposite sex lover and what kind of relationship it was
   -single trait that is put on children born out of close relative incest

-hidden trait that serves as a custom opinion for these traits

requirements

the game tbh (I have all the dlcs but it should be compatible with vanilla too)

compability
as for the compability... it should be compatible with defacto everything (it is compatible with HIP for example) but since it uses custom traits its obviously not compatible with old savefiles

to-do (do not expect much, but maybe one day)

-differenciate what incestuous coupling were the children born from
-add in homosexual incestuous relations

-somewhere in the future add incestuous marriage tracking too, for the time being only incestuous lovers and children born out of close incest are tracked
-if I ever learn how to do rules then differenciate what traits will be shown and which wont and for players to be able to choose it (don't count much on this one though, this is just hypothetical situation)

Installation

as any other mod, just extract the contents of the zip file into the mod folder of ck2 (Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod)

note aside

As long as I am credited anyone can use this for their work if they ever want to (heck I would be even glad if people did it, I am an amateur modder, I also improvised with the trait pictures (but at least I assigned each trait its own dds, so if anyone ever wants to make different trait pictures without the other stuff, you are welcome) so honestly any advice or suggestion counts)

• 3 weeks later...
13 hours ago, mikovic76 said:

Messalian and other divine marriage religion characters need to have the opinion penalty of characters reversed. Otherwise nice addition, gives a reasonable penalty to the wincest strategy.

They do not need that, they do not have that opinion to begin with, its made with a hidden trait that characters with certain conditions dont have, messalians and zoroastrians and hopefully any other holy family religion characters shouldnt be getting the trait, if they are then there is something wrong somewhere

Well I can't say whats the problem as it may be related to a mod conflict. I did however have penalties as Messalian and other Messalian oppinions. Also why would 2nd grade relations cause issues? Marrying cousins was the norm and is not penalized in vanilla.

On 7/26/2020 at 7:56 AM, mikovic76 said:

Well I can't say whats the problem as it may be related to a mod conflict. I did however have penalties as Messalian and other Messalian oppinions. Also why would 2nd grade relations cause issues? Marrying cousins was the norm and is not penalized in vanilla.

Well in middleages christian europe it certainly wasn't (just to mention a place), you had to have the approval of the church to marry cousins even to multiple degrees, if you don't like it you  can easily change it common/traits and delete it from each trait, it was stated in description of my mod that the opinion thing is a sort of feature creep from my side for which I apologize, but it is what it is. Also I did some test runs and I apologize again it seems like messalians really do have the hidden trait for some ubknown reason, I am working on update and hopefully it will be fixed (currently I am in a place without internet with only smartphone being my connection to the rest of the world so take in mind it will take a week at minimum)

Not a problem, good that the Messalian issue is sorted out. Afaik close kin marriages where very common if not necessary, social mobility was not a thing really back then, the average bloke was very limited in his options especially in rural areas. In regards to nobility just think of the Habsburgs, they intermarried a lot. Church history is not my forte but if you have proper citation for such grants necessary why not include it in the mod?

9 hours ago, mikovic76 said:

Not a problem, good that the Messalian issue is sorted out. Afaik close kin marriages where very common if not necessary, social mobility was not a thing really back then, the average bloke was very limited in his options especially in rural areas. In regards to nobility just think of the Habsburgs, they intermarried a lot. Church history is not my forte but if you have proper citation for such grants necessary why not include it in the mod?

The era of Habsburgs came in late middleages, early middleages were stricter concerning that behavior, but like I said, you can delete it manually if you want, I might as well do an opinionless version (like a version without the hidden trait and no malusss at all) once I get home in the beforementioned week but I dunno

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
20 hours ago, arkanoiD_ said:

Do I need to delete the folder "modifier_definitions" in common, or just the opofinc in each trait does the job?

It's been a while since I last touched anything ck2 related, but generaly just deleting opofinc in the traits is the better option since if you deleted opofinc in modifier definitions it would just try to refer to something that doesn't exist.