Would like my character to not change meshes whenever I change apparel

Is there a way to make player not to change meshes whenever you equip an apparel? like editing something from player's actor in creation kit or someting else. I'd like to play the gameplay normally with my preferred appearance of my character. I would be thankful if someone can help me.

No, this is how the game works. Everytime you wear an outfit which uses the second slot, it'll make your body disappear and replace it with the cloth + the body it includes.

Workaround it means using clothes that don't include a body, don't use the second slot and they fit perfectly to your actual body or it'll cause clipping. Doable, but there's a lot of work behind.

3 hours ago, A.J. said:

No, this is how the game works. Everytime you wear an outfit which uses the second slot, it'll make your body disappear and replace it with the cloth + the body it includes.

Workaround it means using clothes that don't include a body, don't use the second slot and they fit perfectly to your actual body or it'll cause clipping. Doable, but there's a lot of work behind.

and at that point, you can put on an outfit that does have 'body'. causing you to wear 2 outfits.

18 hours ago, A.J. said:

Im expecting it that it can be a lot of work and I would appreciate it if I can learn something that can help. Would also like to know which of the script is related to apparel changing,

1 hour ago, yohei123 said:

Im expecting it that it can be a lot of work and I would appreciate it if I can learn something that can help. Would also like to know which of the script is related to apparel changing,

I try to explain with a couple of practical examples, ignore if I'll be redundant and write something you know:

Formal.jpg

This is the vanilla "Formal Clothes", the female tuxedo, it has exposed arms so it's a good example. Check in the middle, the BIPED OBJECT, it's the slot of the body where it will be located. In this case, as for most vanilla outfits, it's UPPERBODY (the second slot I was referring). For how the game behaves, if a cloth is using this slot, when the player wears it his body will automatically become invisible, it's hardcoded. So, every outfit on this slot will also include the body mesh, which you can see in the picture (the black arms).

Now, you can easily understand that this is what changes your body mesh. If your naked body has a certain shape, when you wear a outfit which includes a body with a different shape you will notice that it changes.

But what happens if you simply change the slot? for example from UPPERBODY to BACKPACK? It happens that when you wear it the game won't make your naked body invisible, and you'll end up with two different body meshes overlapped.

The big work I was referring is that you should then pick every cloth, remove every body shape they include, model them to adapt to your naked body (or they'll clip) and then give them a slot which is not UPPERBODY.

Basically, what I did in Simply Clothes and the few other meshes using High Heels. Look at the shirt:

LeatherClothes.jpg

See? it doesn't contain the body, and it's not on the second slot, hence if you wear it on Type 4 body it will fit perfectly. If you wear it on another body, it will clip. If you change its slot with UPPERBODY, you'll end up with a head floating over a shirt, because the naked body will become invisible.

For the game, if you put a shirt on the NoseRing slot and pants on the Earrings, or other unused slots, the game doesn't know what you're doing and doesn't care, it will work. Just avoid peculiar slots like left /right hands, hair, head, weapon, pipboy.

So well, the work is not only in the GECK, it's also in 3D, with Blender program.

2 hours ago, A.J. said:

I try to explain with a couple of practical examples, ignore if I'll be redundant and write something you know:

Formal.jpg

This is the vanilla "Formal Clothes", the female tuxedo, it has exposed arms so it's a good example. Check in the middle, the BIPED OBJECT, it's the slot of the body where it will be located. In this case, as for most vanilla outfits, it's UPPERBODY (the second slot I was referring). For how the game behaves, if a cloth is using this slot, when the player wears it his body will automatically become invisible, it's hardcoded. So, every outfit on this slot will also include the body mesh, which you can see in the picture (the black arms).

Now, you can easily understand that this is what changes your body mesh. If your naked body has a certain shape, when you wear a outfit which includes a body with a different shape you will notice that it changes.

But what happens if you simply change the slot? for example from UPPERBODY to BACKPACK? It happens that when you wear it the game won't make your naked body invisible, and you'll end up with two different body meshes overlapped.

The big work I was referring is that you should then pick every cloth, remove every body shape they include, model them to adapt to your naked body (or they'll clip) and then give them a slot which is not UPPERBODY.

Basically, what I did in Simply Clothes and the few other meshes using High Heels. Look at the shirt:

LeatherClothes.jpg

See? it doesn't contain the body, and it's not on the second slot, hence if you wear it on Type 4 body it will fit perfectly. If you wear it on another body, it will clip. If you change its slot with UPPERBODY, you'll end up with a head floating over a shirt, because the naked body will become invisible.

For the game, if you put a shirt on the NoseRing slot and pants on the Earrings, or other unused slots, the game doesn't know what you're doing and doesn't care, it will work. Just avoid peculiar slots like left /right hands, hair, head, weapon, pipboy.

So well, the work is not only in the GECK, it's also in 3D, with Blender program.

Thank you for explaining I'll see what i can do, changing biped might also affect npcs, I just want my character to look what I want it to be while playing the gameplay normally.

4 hours ago, yohei123 said:

Thank you for explaining I'll see what i can do, changing biped might also affect npcs, I just want my character to look what I want it to be while playing the gameplay normally.

Yeah using custom clothes is surely the easier way to go.