LE vs SE script initialization speed

This isn't a bug report but something I've noticed between LE and SSE and I was hoping someone might have some info about it. I've noticed that script initialization in LE is a lot faster compared to scripts in SSE.

I've been modding LE since 2011 and have built a substantial mod list using MO, (SSE is a recent addition since 2019), meaning it has a much smaller mod list than LE. I don't run a lot of scripts on my games, and it's my usual policy to not install mods with scripts unless it's essential. One of those essential mods is SLAL Animation loader, which is what I based my comparisons to as an example.

In SLAL Animation loader you have the option to reset the animation registry. The dialogue box usually comes up a bit early saying that the animations have been reset successfully but in reality it's still registering animations, you can see this process in action by bringing up the console. As you can see it's still registering up the 400+ animations.

Now how fast the lines go by/complete is what I use to measure how fast the script is working to register the animations. In LE these lines go by very quickly, and the entire process in LE gets more or less done within 45 seconds at most. In SSE however, the process also completes without a problem, but at a significantly slower pace. If you bring up the console in SSE you an see the script counting the animations fairly slowly and it gets done only within 3-4 minutes (with the same amount of animations).

This phenomenon also extends to how fast and responsive the MCM menu is. I've noticed the MCM menu in SSE is a bit sluggish to load it's menus compared to LE.

I've considered that it might be a Mod Organizer thing. Skyrim LE runs on Mod Organizer Classic v1.3.14 (a 32 bit program), while Skyrim SE runs on Mod Organizer 2 v2.2.2.1 (a 64 bit program). Running FNIS on ethe Classic edition of MO works out fine and finishes registering animations within a minute, while the same FNIS process in MO2 will run quite sluggishly and finish within 3 minutes or more. (Keep in mind that I keep similar amounts of animations between LE and SSE and that SSE arguably has less animations than LE)

Does anyone have insight into this and why the speeds of MO1 and MO2 are so different and why MO2 is slower?

• 4 months later...