11-13 fps no matter what.

Lowelies

Ok, its pretty silly for my first post here is asking for help, and its a topic, but I thought maybe someone could help me with my problem thats been going on since christmas.

So basically as the title suggests, I have a deadlocked framerate of 11-13 basically everywhere but the main menu, even the ingame pause menu has low fps.

I've done just about everything, from uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, to playing the vanilla game, to overclocking my Video Card and even Getting some new parts, and a new case, and to my surprise, New Vegas sticks to its guns, and gives me DAT FRAMERATE! 11-13.

I dunno what my problem is, none of my parts are damaged from what I know. Maybe someone here can be a saint for me and miraculously fix my problem.

Heres my stuff

Nvidia 8600GT

3GB Ram

Intel Core 2 Exteme CPU 3.00GHz

-If you need anymore info, just ask.

Edit: Yeah I forgot to mention the games deadlocked at 11 fps even on the lowest settings and resolution

Ok, its pretty silly for my first post here is asking for help, and its a topic, but I thought maybe someone could help me with my problem thats been going on since christmas.

So basically as the title suggests, I have a deadlocked framerate of 11-13 basically everywhere but the main menu, even the ingame pause menu has low fps.

I've done just about everything, from uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, to playing the vanilla game, to overclocking my Video Card and even Getting some new parts, and a new case, and to my surprise, New Vegas sticks to its guns, and gives me DAT FRAMERATE! 11-13.

I dunno what my problem is, none of my parts are damaged from what I know. Maybe someone here can be a saint for me and miraculously fix my problem.

Heres my stuff

Nvidia 8600GT

3GB Ram

Intel Core 2 Exteme CPU 3.00GHz

-If you need anymore info, just ask.

Edit: Yeah I forgot to mention the games deadlocked at 11 fps even on the lowest settings and resolution

Are you running any mods? If so please post your Load Order from FOMM

Are you running any mods? If so please post your Load Order from FOMM

As stated in my OP, I've run the game barebones vanilla, meaning fresh install zero mods, and still have the 11-13 fps BUUUUTTT if ya want it, I'll show it to ya

[spoiler=Plugins]FalloutNV.esm

DeadMoney.esm

HonestHearts.esm

OldWorldBlues.esm

LonesomeRoad.esm

GunRunnersArsenal.esm

ClassicPack.esm

MercenaryPack.esm

TribalPack.esm

CaravanPack.esm

Caliber.esm

HonestHearts-CaliberX.esm

CINEMATECH.esm

Interior Lighting Overhaul - Core.esm

Mo'.esm

More Perks.esm

More Traits.esm

NVEC Complete + NVCE.esm

NVEC BugFixes.esm

NSkies URWLified.esm

Project Nevada - Core.esm

Project Nevada - Equipment.esm

ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm

ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm

iHUD.esm

Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp

Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp

DragsVGUArmorBase.esm

Monster Wars.esm

SpeedE Wheels Travel Systems.esm

Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition.esp

Readius_NV.esp

The Mod Configuration Menu.esp

AsukaDollHouse.esp

Mo'Guns.esp

Mo'IPP.esp

Mo'haveAmmoDepot.esp

Mo'DLC.esp

MMUE-CP-PNCore.esp

MMUE-CP-PNRebalance.esp

MMUE-CP-PNEquipment.esp

More Perks Update.esp

More Traits Update.esp

EVE FNV.esp

Vurt's WFO.esp

NSkies URWLifiedOWB.esp

NSkies URWLifiedHH.esp

NSkies URWLifiedDM.esp

Interior Lighting Overhaul - Ultimate Edition.esp

ILO - GS Shack.esp

ILO - PipBoy Light.esp

ILO - NSkies URWLified Patch.esp

DYNAVISION 2 - Dynamic Lens Effect.esp

ELECTRO-CITY - Imaginator.esp

Directors Chair.esp

Alternative Start.esp

Mass Effect 3 - Female Shepard Race.esp

Resident Evil 6 - Leon Scott Kennedy Race.esp

FaceMasksNVFinal.esp

Asari Project - Liara T'Soni.esp

ME3 - Commander Shepard N7 Armor.esp

JustAnArmorPack_NV.esp

DragbodyVGUPackFullPlusFaceOffNV.esp

ARESproject.esp

Final Fantasy XIII - LightningRace.esp

IMTHEBREAST.esp

1nivVSLArmors.esp

1nivPNSLPatch.esp

Mateba.esp

MercWanderer.esp

RivenHuntress.esp

NV Muffler.esp

Mass Effect 3 - Jack Race.esp

Crossbow.esp

TheUltimateGhostOverhaul.esp

Theres a support program you can get called the New Vegas Configator (misspelled deliberately by the creator) that can access a lot of configuration settings inaccessible through the in-game menus. An option in the game engine you can access through configator is something called "fps clamp" that, as the name implies, can clamp your framerate. You might look into getting that program (its on nexus) and checking that setting.

I had an issue recently and it was caused by graphics card driver trying to always update itself.  Used nearly all my CPU.  Check your drivers and see if they are acting normal..

you should be getting more FPS..

Your load order is pretty messy though, doubt it causing FPS but it could cause other issues.

Theres a support program you can get called the New Vegas Configator

(misspelled deliberately by the creator) that can access a lot of

configuration settings inaccessible through the in-game menus. An option

in the game engine you can access through configator is something

called "fps clamp" that, as the name implies, can clamp your framerate.

You might look into getting that program (its on nexus) and checking

that setting.

Welp I tried this, and the clamp was set at zero, tried fiddeling with various different settings for the clamp, 30, 60, 120, still not workin.

Was getting somewhere with this though, but still at 11 fps, but the game ran smoother, but in the wrong way (slow motion)

I had an issue recently and it was caused by graphics card driver trying

to always update itself.  Used nearly all my CPU.  Check your drivers

and see if they are acting normal..

you should be getting more FPS..

Your load order is pretty messy though, doubt it causing FPS but it could cause other issues.

Welp, I spent quite alot of time with the drivers before, I actually had a problem with the NVIDIA 314.07 installing correctly (it always failed) , but it eventually fixed itself, I heard from another forum that maybe my problem lied with the drivers, so I uninstalled them, and reinstalled them, but to no avail.

I followed your advice, and turned off the auto updater for my Nvidia drivers, and still not getting any luck.

Would maybe getting a new video card help? I was going to get a Nvidia 550ti later this month, but I'm afraid that I might get this damn low fps problem still.

everything in your system looks to be decent except "Nvidia 8600GT" remember all cards are not created equal

it may be tagged as a gaming card but that would be true if it was 2003 but as games get better older cards just get older, what your asking your card to do isn't in its current ability , my guess is your running into a issue of what you want it to do vs. what its able to do

although some more info would be helpful

you listed how much ram you have, what video card, what cpu but you left out the important info:

like your speeds, operating system whether your running 32bit or 64bit, ram specs, which version of your video card you have, as there is a 256mb 512mb i think they even had a 756mb version and 1gb version of your card and psu brand and wattage , and lastly hard drive specs,

example :

for the speeds of your ram info needed would be like DDR2 1gb @ 533mhz and are all mem chips the same speed and mfg or are you using different brands and speeds

o/s would be like windows xp pro with service pack 1, vista or windows 7

i see your watching this post so ill update this add and let you read what i have now

Edited portion:

another thing that would be helpful is knowing what motherboard you have and what rev. it is, this would be for us Tech junkies as we love this stuff... on your motherboard it would say something like ASUS M3N - t REV1.0 the rev 1.0 or 2.0 or 1.1 or what ever it is would be small and near one of the corners or near the name of the board itself, note this would be required info if you have custom made machine meaning not store bought, if its a store bought machine just give us Make and serial number of your unit

like Emachine 6098

another useful tool you might consider using is a tool from

http://www.majorgeeks.com/

at the middle left of the screen is a search bar , type in Everest home edition

download the free utility and run it and then generate a report VIA the report wizard, this tool scans your pc and gives important info like hard drive specs, memory specs latency, timing of cpu, motherboard identification, operating system specs and revisions updates, video card updates , direct x version and patches, memory timing and latency's, and if they are good or showing  errors, one word of caution though when you start the scan don't move your mouse or have anything running like music or video or be typing as it will throw off the scan results, don't worry this scan takes only the basic info on the computer itself no personal stuff is recorded only the hardware and software info is displayed: also the scan takes like 1-2 minutes at most is what i have seen

if you cant find it through the above link directions here is a direct link and there is a video there that you can watch on how to use it, very simple easy and accurate

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

EDITED AGAIN::::::::::::::::::

Crap i forgot more info to add if your looking to get a newer video card please take the time to get more info on your Power supply, and motherboard

info on your power supply would be

how many watts does it have?

What connectors does it have molex only, sata, 6pin 8 pin wattage's ? usually a serial number  with MFG. Name and model is all that's needed to get proper info on your PSU, however you wont find this info on your screen you will need to open the case and read the info off of the psu in your pc , its the big square box with all the wires coming out of it

"Sorry i dumbed it down in the event your a noob to whats in your pc rather then whats on the screen"

i just realized the Nvidia 8600GT also came in  both AGP and PCIE version, also your motherboard info is a must with either

IF you have have an AGP Motherboard and Graphics card , your pretty much outta luck as no one makes AGP anymore , BUT if your machine is PCIE then your in good standings, one thing on the motherboard would be to look for is if your "And I'm assuming this " If your PCIE slot is full duplex or if its one of the slower Cards, meaning PCIE slots on motherboards on the lower end motherboards have 2x 4x 8x 16x speeds if your lucky you have a 8x or 16x

everything in your system looks to be decent except "Nvidia 8600GT" remember all cards are not created equal

it may be tagged as a gaming card but that would be true if it was 2003 but as games get better older cards just get older, what your asking your card to do isn't in its current ability , my guess is your running into a issue of what you want it to do vs. what its able to do

although some more info would be helpful

you listed how much ram you have, what video card, what cpu but you left out the important info:

like your speeds, operating system whether your running 32bit or 64bit, ram specs, which version of your video card you have, as there is a 256mb 512mb i think they even had a 756mb version and 1gb version of your card and psu brand and wattage , and lastly hard drive specs,

example :

for the speeds of your ram info needed would be like DDR2 1gb @ 533mhz and are all mem chips the same speed and mfg or are you using different brands and speeds

o/s would be like windows xp pro with service pack 1, vista or windows 7

i see your watching this post so ill update this add and let you read what i have now

2 ram sticks the same DDR2 1GB @ 333MHz and one is DDR2 1GB at 266 mhz

Windows 7 64bit service pack 1

The Nvidia 8600GT I have is at 256 MBytes (ouch)

Is there anything else you need to know?

Edited portion:

another thing that would be helpful is knowing what motherboard you have and what rev. it is

Its ASUS Rev X.0x

At least I think so

info on your power supply would be

how many watts does it have?

What connectors does it have molex only, sata, 6pin 8 pin wattage's ?

usually a serial number  with MFG. Name and model is all that's needed

to get proper info on your PSU, however you wont find this info on your

screen you will need to open the case and read the info off of the psu

in your pc , its the big square box with all the wires coming out of it

"Sorry i dumbed it down in the event your a noob to whats in your pc rather then whats on the screen"

i just realized the Nvidia 8600GT also came in  both AGP and PCIE version, also your motherboard info is a must with either

IF you have have an AGP Motherboard and Graphics card , your pretty

much outta luck as no one makes AGP anymore , BUT if your machine is

PCIE then your in good standings, one thing on the motherboard would be

to look for is if your "And I'm assuming this " If your PCIE slot is

full duplex or if its one of the slower Cards, meaning PCIE slots on

motherboards on the lower end motherboards have 2x 4x 8x 16x speeds if

your lucky you have a 8x or 16x

I know what video cards are supported in my computer, but I have a 630 watt power supply along with a 16x PCI Express.

And the motherboard is ASUS P5QL EPU Rev 1.010

yeah re-read my above post i just posted more edited info

on your Memory that you have listed is the one stick of 266mhz in slot one "The slot closest to your CPU on your motherboard" where it should be being that its the slowest ram in your system you pc would need to doc the 333mhz ram down or "CLOCK down your 333 ram to run as efficiently as the 266 ram" if not then it would need to be remove and put closest to the cpu with the other 2 following

being that you are running 64 bit and only 3gb's of ram you might consider going upto 4-8gb's if your motherboard can handle it and your see a speed increase with the added ram

OK I'll still need a motherboard name so that i can get a better understanding of your pc and what is going on with it, the 256mb is pitiful by today's standards , it would be a good card to make into a Home theater system now though

fantastic, now that is a big plus , now your good on your Motherboard and your psu specs look good but do you know if you have any free connectors or provisions from your PSU that would allow for adding in a dedicated VGA card as i believe the 8600gt is stand alone deriving power from the motherboard as opposed to utilizing a connection from the PSU "its been awhile since i have used one of them cards" , also keep in mind most motherboards whether they are running xp/vista/win7 run a share utility with their video card/onboard ram with the motherboard sharing upto 1GB of system ram so with you running only 3gb your actually only running 2gb with upto 1gb dedicated to vga as a buffer, so more ram can help you in this case, also i would consider upgrading to DDR2 800mhz = or the 1066mhz that your board uses nominally , as it is your ram is actually under powered for your applications with the 333mhz or 667mhz that is the bare starting and the 266 is the boat anchor in your system

fantastic, now that is a big plus , now your good on your Motherboard and your psu specs look good but do you know if you have any free connectors or provisions from your PSU that would allow for adding in a dedicated VGA card as i believe the 8600gt is stand alone deriving power from the motherboard as opposed to utilizing a connection from the PSU "its been awhile since i have used one of them cards" , also keep in mind most motherboards whether they are running xp/vista/win7 run a share utility with their video card/onboard ram with the motherboard sharing upto 1GB of system ram so with you running only 3gb your actually only running 2gb with upto 1gb dedicated to vga as a buffer, so more ram can help you in this case, also i would consider upgrading to DDR2 800mhz = or the 1066mhz that your board uses nominally , as it is your ram is actually under powered for your applications with the 333mhz or 667mhz that is the bare starting and the 266 is the boat anchor in your system

No, I dont see anything that may allow for another VGA Card coming from the Power supply

This is really strange, I know my computer can run the game, it used to run at about over 20 FPS, and since then, I've upgraded to a new case, and processor, it just doesnt make sense, its like the FPS is mysteriously clamped on Fallout for some reason, even the ingame pause menu is only running at 11 fps.

ah you just mentioned an upgrade you didn't mention b4 your cpu

do you still have the previous cpu? and can you read the info off of it, my bet is it had a 533/800 mhz reading which would put it equal to your ram and work as fast as your ram where as your new cpu has a 667/800/1066 reading which is faster then your ram and is waiting on your ram to catch up.

typically speaking you want your CPU and Ram "Onboard Ram within the same specs" of each other, i would bet you are creating a bottleneck at the ram as of now your vga card and cpu are faster then your onboard ram is and both of them are waiting on the ram and that would be your fps HIT

think of it like this, you originally had a 4 lane freeway that fed into a 3 lane freeway into a 3 lane freeway that being your VGA card being the 4 lane and the cpu "OLD ONE" and onboard memory being the 2x 3 lane freeway

now you have upgrades to a new CPU that is effectively faster so now you have a 4 lane freeway feeding into a 2 lane bi-way back into a 4 lane freeway

4 lane VGA / 2 lane memory / 4 lane cpu

ah you just mentioned an upgrade you didn't mention b4 your cpu

do you still have the previous cpu? and can you read the info off of it, my bet is it had a 533/800 mhz reading which would put it equal to your ram and work as fast as your ram where as your new cpu has a 667/800/1066 reading which is faster then your ram and is waiting on your ram to catch up.

typically speaking you want your CPU and Ram "Onboard Ram within the same specs" of each other, i would bet you are creating a bottleneck at the ram as of now your vga card and cpu are faster then your onboard ram is and both of them are waiting on the ram and that would be your fps HIT

think of it like this, you originally had a 4 lane freeway that fed into a 3 lane freeway into a 3 lane freeway that being your VGA card being the 4 lane and the cpu "OLD ONE" and onboard memory being the 2x 3 lane freeway

now you have upgrades to a new CPU that is effectively faster so now you have a 4 lane freeway feeding into a 2 lane bi-way back into a 4 lane freeway

4 lane VGA / 2 lane memory / 4 lane cpu

I think its an Intel® Pentium® 4 cpu 2.80Ghz, lemme just point out my fps problem was still going on with this cpu

Yeah, heres the info for it,

Intel Inside!

I remember bookmarking it for comparisons, its really old, I just bought it for like 15 bucks off my friend when I first built my computer back in 08.

well OK then best bet for you would be upping your ram and getting a new card and trying to figure out a decent psu to add in to give you the flexibility to manage your system more efficiently, base rule of thumb go with VGA mfg. on psu and then add 150-200 watts and that will give you a good place to start,

i know its not what you wanted to hear , but powering a VGA card off of molex is just asking for trouble later on down the road , and judging by the sounds of your psu it has limitations that might make it available for your current system with upgrading to a new VGA card

memory should be all equal to one another both in vendor and speed timings

and later on down the road think on atleast a dual core as my brother just put it to me, your basically updating your Abacus ,....lol

well OK then best bet for you would be upping your ram and getting a new card and trying to figure out a decent psu to add in to give you the flexibility to manage your system more efficiently, base rule of thumb go with VGA mfg. on psu and then add 150-200 watts and that will give you a good place to start,

i know its not what you wanted to hear , but powering a VGA card off of molex is just asking for trouble later on down the road , and judging by the sounds of your psu it has limitations that might make it available for your current system with upgrading to a new VGA card

memory should be all equal to one another both in vendor and speed timings

and later on down the road think on atleast a dual core as my brother just put it to me, your basically updating your Abacus ,....lol

:cool: Cool, thanks for telling me to do something I'm already in the process of after all that lol.

Archived