Why TF is my HDT robe like this?

I'm trying to make one HDT robe. I actualy managed to make it work for another mesh, but this one have less bones to control movement.

Could it be weight problem??

Messed up XML?

I know nearly nobody knows how to make hdt and those who does are not willing to share their knowledge. But any guess from anybody would be welcome

104429949_3050136571732636_5010436598224

11 minutes ago, Gameothic said:

I know nearly nobody knows how to make hdt and those who does are not willing to share their knowledge. But any guess from anybody would be welcome

I would be totally useless to you but the people on this thread:

have been known to give out good advice on issues such as yours when asked nicely.

assuming it looks like that in its default state, then it's likely a weight problem. if it's an xml problem it will be spazzing out instead. easy test is to just rename the xml file and load your game. if it still looks like that then it's a weight problem.

On 6/20/2020 at 10:45 PM, gtcard said:

assuming it looks like that in its default state, then it's likely a weight problem. if it's an xml problem it will be spazzing out instead. easy test is to just rename the xml file and load your game. if it still looks like that then it's a weight problem.

Do you know how to make this work? I tried every creative way possible to set the weights right, but had no luck. If you're willing to be the most kind person in the world I can send you the files so I can use your skinning as an exemple for next works

unfortunately i am not good at weighting at all. what i do know i learned from just trial and error in outfit studio. i can provide some advice however

i am assuming this mesh is not the original mesh the xml file was made for? are you trying to add the physics from one mesh to another mesh you have? what you have there looks like the weights were transferred using some automatic vertex search algorithm (ie: copy selected weights in outfit studio), and the algorithm is picking up unwanted weights due to the difference in position of vertices between the 2 meshes. take a cloak on the back of your character for example. it will likely have its own hdt bone weights, controlled by the xml, connected maybe to clavicle bones. however when you use a search algorithm to try to transfer those weights to another cloak mesh, the problem is that that algorithm may start picking up weights from the body mesh (ie: spine bones) due to how close the cloak is to the body. the cloak doesn't need those weights to function, so when your target cloak receives them, the cloak begins to jut into random directions, tied to the movement of the extra bones added to the cloak mesh. 

if that is the case, you want to first go into nifskope and select the mesh with the hdt physics you want. take note of the bone nodes listed in NiSkinInstance or BSDismemberSkinInstance. now check your modified mesh in nifskope and you will likely see some bones there that are not in the original mesh. go into outfit studio and remove the weight of those bones from your modified mesh. that should help with the problem you have

On 6/26/2020 at 12:11 AM, gtcard said:

unfortunately i am not good at weighting at all. what i do know i learned from just trial and error in outfit studio. i can provide some advice however

i am assuming this mesh is not the original mesh the xml file was made for? are you trying to add the physics from one mesh to another mesh you have? what you have there looks like the weights were transferred using some automatic vertex search algorithm (ie: copy selected weights in outfit studio), and the algorithm is picking up unwanted weights due to the difference in position of vertices between the 2 meshes. take a cloak on the back of your character for example. it will likely have its own hdt bone weights, controlled by the xml, connected maybe to clavicle bones. however when you use a search algorithm to try to transfer those weights to another cloak mesh, the problem is that that algorithm may start picking up weights from the body mesh (ie: spine bones) due to how close the cloak is to the body. the cloak doesn't need those weights to function, so when your target cloak receives them, the cloak begins to jut into random directions, tied to the movement of the extra bones added to the cloak mesh. 

if that is the case, you want to first go into nifskope and select the mesh with the hdt physics you want. take note of the bone nodes listed in NiSkinInstance or BSDismemberSkinInstance. now check your modified mesh in nifskope and you will likely see some bones there that are not in the original mesh. go into outfit studio and remove the weight of those bones from your modified mesh. that should help with the problem you have

I made ALL the bones, constraints, and manualy weighted from scratch (using 3ds Max 2011 and hct 2012 that I found online)

So, it s HDT PE... After reading a lot here in LL I'm considering to change my workflow to SMP. Does It worth?