Is it possible of making a new body mesh for sims 3?

While I don't mod, I know it's 'possible' as creators either use existing EA meshes to modify -or- they adapt others. Clothes aren't 'worn', they ARE a new body mesh. There are several example or these available. JoshQ has the Medbod option which has many outfits created to use this different shape and look natural as there is a nude version as well. Nonsequitur has a Perky-slopes version with a few different builds.

The fact you are IMPORTING a new mesh would seem to be the problem since you'll need the bones to match up perfectly like the default EA does. I've seen many examples where custom shoes have bad ankle gaps with the default body, which appears to share the same issues you have with the hands.

Any suggestions I give besides contacting these creators if they don't scan and reply on their own would be pure speculation. For example: Can you 'graft' the default EA arm mesh to the 'new' body? Can you make a note of the default arm values and apply it to the new ones? I guess you 'could' adapt the default hands as well, but that would mess with every animations point of reference.....

Possible - yes, easy - apparently not. Either way, you're going to have to be able to manipulate vertices. (this is dependent on the fact the 'bones' align)

You can use an imported mesh from the "Other Game".  You may need to adjust it so key points  built in Sims 3 Armatures start and end relatively at the same spatial coordinates. This means making sure the neck, waist, foot seams are matched (vertical height position... width doesn't matter if a unique sim, as long as the body part seames are at the same level), The crotch and nipple points are the same, as are shoulders, elbows, wrist, knees ( rotation origin points),  and finger/knuckle end points. Other than that putting clothing on it...

Make sure the new model is exactly in the origin center position that a Sims 3 body mesh loads to and match YOUR mesh to the Key points on the Sims 3 mesh. This is to match the Sims 3 Armatures to your body overlay. If you don't you may have a head that turns from the jaw, or an elbow joint bend in the middle of the bicep or forearm. The hands are part of the arm all the way to the shoulder seam - solid piece.  One for left and one for right.  As long as it is a solid piece - so don't separate into arm parts - just match joint  positions.  Get it close - but it doesn't need to be perfect. Your next one will be - lol.

It's not as hard as it sounds - just takes some time  - Patience & Practice... as JoshQ states.  All of us modelers and modders state. 

Be glad to help you out - just PM me.

I don't know the details (the part the devil is in) so can't be specific for your situation - but, I hope I helped.

9 hours ago, PantyAnarchy1 said:

but the EA hands  doesnt fit with the body

Not sure what - exactly - you mean by the hands not fitting the body.

Are you splitting a new mesh up into Sims 3 body parts or just cut it up to weld it together?  Only consider the Armatures start and end points (the Rigging) of the Sims 3 body. So, where a wrist turns or a finger bends, a waist or neck pivots, etc.  Other than just matching those rotation, pivit or bending points the entire mesh can be solid. Matching seams is when you know a top or bottom, or shoes will be swapped out with a part of your mesh - so, if you plan on making a top or a bottom (not an outfit) you need to make sure your "body part" seams and contours are matched to the Sims 3 standard.  

if your doing an outfit (full body garment) you only need the exposed skin parts of the body and match the neck and foot seams. However, Since you are making a new Sims 3 body - I'd recommend making sure the neck, waist, and foot seams match and blend with an EA Head, Waist, and Naked Shoe.  That way - in the future - you can make any top, bottom, or outfit on that body and have it match up with an EA standard garment and have all the standard EA sliders work. Every garment (top, bottom, or outfit) has the body built in. 

If you're talking about that deformity just above the wrist, in the picture you provided - that is something you will need correct at the Vertise level.  Since you have your hand separate from the arm mesh, I assume you placed your new body over an EA body and are trying to match the missing parts with the EA part.  If so, Cut out the EA part (all the vertices needed) and match those end vertices with its complement on the forearm weld and merge the two groups.  Take that complete arm with the EA hand and edit each vertice until it looks good, natural... then Mirror to the other side and correct position, UV alignment, and any edge/surface  problem. 

Remember - it's the Armateurs (rigging) that move - the body and garment move with it at a fixed position. Just match to the Armatures of the Sims 3 body. If it's close it will look good. If you don't understand rigging at all - just do it visually. Wherever a key slider point like waist, breasts, and nipple points;  crotch for playtime; Neck and foot seams because the game gives you a head and shoes;  shoulders, elbows, wrists, and knees for animation interactions, etc.  As long as it is wrapped around those armatures and has about the same bending and pivoting points - it will work.  Getting it to look smooth and actually have a skin requires vertices positioning and UV Mapping. 

In order for it to show correctly you will need to match the new body's UV Map to a Sims 3 Body UV Map or Skin Image.  Separate the shoulders (arms), and mark UV seams and unwrap the parts - if needed. Then the entire body and two arms  UV's are matched to the arms, upper and lower positions of a Skin image. Then, any skin made for the game will work with it. If you can't seem to get the body UV to cooperate you can make your own skin to match that body. Problem is - only your skin will work correctly on that body. 

Do this and any EA garment will be interchangeable  with a top or bottom you make on that body (you seperate into body parts so you can throw away the parts not needed when making a garment), All the standard EA Sliders work, and  because you match the UV to an EA skin - any skin will work.

Hope it helps... Body Building 201

9 hours ago, Non-sequitur said:

You can use an imported mesh from the "Other Game".  You may need to adjust it so key points  built in Sims 3 Armatures start and end relatively at the same spatial coordinates. This means making sure the neck, waist, foot seams are matched (vertical height position... width doesn't matter if a unique sim, as long as the body part seames are at the same level), The crotch and nipple points are the same, as are shoulders, elbows, wrist, knees ( rotation origin points),  and finger/knuckle end points. Other than that putting clothing on it...

Make sure the new model is exactly in the origin center position that a Sims 3 body mesh loads to and match YOUR mesh to the Key points on the Sims 3 mesh. This is to match the Sims 3 Armatures to your body overlay. If you don't you may have a head that turns from the jaw, or an elbow joint bend in the middle of the bicep or forearm. The hands are part of the arm all the way to the shoulder seam - solid piece.  One for left and one for right.  As long as it is a solid piece - so don't separate into arm parts - just match joint  positions.  Get it close - but it doesn't need to be perfect. Your next one will be - lol.

It's not as hard as it sounds - just takes some time  - Patience & Practice... as JoshQ states.  All of us modelers and modders state. 

Be glad to help you out - just PM me.

I don't know the details (the part the devil is in) so can't be specific for your situation - but, I hope I helped.

Not sure what - exactly - you mean by the hands not fitting the body.

Are you splitting a new mesh up into Sims 3 body parts or just cut it up to weld it together?  Only consider the Armatures start and end points (the Rigging) of the Sims 3 body. So, where a wrist turns or a finger bends, a waist or neck pivots, etc.  Other than just matching those rotation, pivit or bending points the entire mesh can be solid. Matching seams is when you know a top or bottom, or shoes will be swapped out with a part of your mesh - so, if you plan on making a top or a bottom (not an outfit) you need to make sure your "body part" seams and contours are matched to the Sims 3 standard.  

if your doing an outfit (full body garment) you only need the exposed skin parts of the body and match the neck and foot seams. However, Since you are making a new Sims 3 body - I'd recommend making sure the neck, waist, and foot seams match and blend with an EA Head, Waist, and Naked Shoe.  That way - in the future - you can make any top, bottom, or outfit on that body and have it match up with an EA standard garment and have all the standard EA sliders work. Every garment (top, bottom, or outfit) has the body built in. 

If you're talking about that deformity just above the wrist, in the picture you provided - that is something you will need correct at the Vertise level.  Since you have your hand separate from the arm mesh, I assume you placed your new body over an EA body and are trying to match the missing parts with the EA part.  If so, Cut out the EA part (all the vertices needed) and match those end vertices with its complement on the forearm weld and merge the two groups.  Take that complete arm with the EA hand and edit each vertice until it looks good, natural... then Mirror to the other side and correct position, UV alignment, and any edge/surface  problem. 

Remember - it's the Armateurs (rigging) that move - the body and garment move with it at a fixed position. Just match to the Armatures of the Sims 3 body. If it's close it will look good. If you don't understand rigging at all - just do it visually. Wherever a key slider point like waist, breasts, and nipple points;  crotch for playtime; Neck and foot seams because the game gives you a head and shoes;  shoulders, elbows, wrists, and knees for animation interactions, etc.  As long as it is wrapped around those armatures and has about the same bending and pivoting points - it will work.  Getting it to look smooth and actually have a skin requires vertices positioning and UV Mapping. 

In order for it to show correctly you will need to match the new body's UV Map to a Sims 3 Body UV Map or Skin Image.  Separate the shoulders (arms), and mark UV seams and unwrap the parts - if needed. Then the entire body and two arms  UV's are matched to the arms, upper and lower positions of a Skin image. Then, any skin made for the game will work with it. If you can't seem to get the body UV to cooperate you can make your own skin to match that body. Problem is - only your skin will work correctly on that body. 

Do this and any EA garment will be interchangeable  with a top or bottom you make on that body (you seperate into body parts so you can throw away the parts not needed when making a garment), All the standard EA Sliders work, and  because you match the UV to an EA skin - any skin will work.

Hope it helps... Body Building 201

So is it best that I just use bunny cuffs to cover up seams of the EA hands because the sides of it are not working out right. I just ported the model to TSRW and I used a reference mesh without the morphs but Idk if I messed up on that or not. I tried again and another thing is wrong with the mesh is the neck and legs. The legs are too far away from the foot and Neck too up inside the head. I also have thigh l issues it shouldn't happen.

Screenshot (278).png

Screenshot (279).png

Screenshot (280).png

18 hours ago, PantyAnarchy1 said:

bunny cuffs to cover up seams of the EA hands because the sides of it are not working out right

BTW: you can "Quote" only a tiny section to draw attention to a particular topic. I can reference my post above.

Sure - if you want the experience and don't mind having a one-of-a-kind... I don't recommend that. It's the lazy way.

You need to start with Sims3 feet and head as a matching-target.  Load them - then match the neck and foot seams (vertices) of your new mesh to the exact position of the EA Neck & foot seams. These seams are the start/end points of the armatures.  Like I said, the body and clothing are merely a mesh overlay that is attached to the Armatures  (it's rigging) at a fixed distance.  However the rigging moves - the body and garment retain the exact distance - so it bends or twists with it.  

Because the head is not aligned correctly it is most likely a bone thing.

First make sure your seams are matched - then position the vertices to make it contour smoothly. But the seams - you do not touch once aligned. 

Once the solid model looks pretty good - save as OBJ (for archive) and save as WSO with the Group name "group_base".  Make sure ONLY the new body mesh is saved - do not include the EA body or any part of it. There should be only one group with no head or feet included.

Use Mesh Tool Kit to bone and morph using the plunge swimsuit HLD WSO as reference.

This creates the morphs and bone assignments within the WSO.

Then, bring up TSRW and select the Plunge Swimsuit for a clone.

Remove all the extra variations leaving only one.

Change the categories and garment type to fit your needs.

Save.

In the mesh tab - load your boned and morphed WSO - all LOD's can use the same mesh.

Repeat for each LOD.

In the Textures tab - load your images (overlay, Mask (color map), multiplier, spectral).  If you made a Normal map - load it into the materials of each Mesh. Otherwise make sure you "make blank" any Normal Map in each LOD's materials list. 

If the seams are not matching (provided you did match them on the mesh) - go to the Mesh tab and at the right select the Bone icon.

In the popup - select the little blue link at the top right and select the Plunge Swimsuit WSO you originally used to bone in Mesh Tool Kit. Make sure all boxes are checked in that right panel - and okay.

If that doesn't correct any alignment problems - then you have something fundamentally wrong with the way you pieced the mesh together and aligned the seames. 

I'd consider starting the project over from scratch. 

I also noticed that the garment and skin textures don't show correctly. Did you make a multiplier and color Mask yet? That's all you need to test UV/Image alignments.

You can send me the WSO or OBJ file you created - I'll take a look and see where you went wrong. 

I'm no JoshQ or LadySmoks... but I know a little. 

You can’t deviate too much from what EA has done, as Landess said the seams at neck, hip and legs have to match with those from the game, and as Non-sequitur pointed your UV map also has to be almost identical or you won’t be able to use anything made by EA or other creators. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.

I can be completely wrong, and if that’s the case I apologize, but it seems to me that you’re trying to fly before even learning to walk. My recommendation for you is to start exporting parts from the game and check how they were made, how textures work, how morphs and bone painting works.

You can go here to check some tutorials, also the forums at modthesims and the wiki have several (albeit somewhat outdated) the same with thesimsresource. What you want to do is not impossible but if you don’t master the basics you’re going to get headaches very often.

3 hours ago, JoshQ said:

You can’t deviate too much from what EA has done, as Landess said the seams at neck, hip and legs have to match with those from the game, and as Non-sequitur pointed your UV map also has to be almost identical or you won’t be able to use anything made by EA or other creators. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.

I can be completely wrong, and if that’s the case I apologize, but it seems to me that you’re trying to fly before even learning to walk. My recommendation for you is to start exporting parts from the game and check how they were made, how textures work, how morphs and bone painting works.

You can go here to check some tutorials, also the forums at modthesims and the wiki have several (albeit somewhat outdated) the same with thesimsresource. What you want to do is not impossible but if you don’t master the basics you’re going to get headaches very often.

I have the picture of  suit but I dont know I baked the mesh already but I dont know how to channel a fullbody costume on which color do I use 1st. Also I edited the mesh but the head seems to be good but the legs arent so good it doesnt go into the feet like supposed to in TSRW and Blender.

zwgf69dfnng41.jpg

Bakedsuit.png

Screenshot (286).png

30 minutes ago, PantyAnarchy1 said:

picture of  suit

If this is what you're trying to accomplish, I feel you'd be better served to get a variety of body slider mods, and manipulate the shape using these and wearing an available outfit or perhaps even doing a Sims 3 request for one with this specific 'cut'.

@LadySmoks  just uploaded a Bunny outfit and given some of her recent uploads concerning materials used, this would appear to be quite doable. I'm not trying to give her 'extra' work, but as I said - it's doable.

There are head sliders as well - shrinking the head and narrowing the waist/chest/shoulder to create the desired effect.

Don't get me wrong! I'm in no way trying to discourage you from modding at all - I wish I had the motivation to learn myself and applaud you for deciding to learn this skill set. I only mention this out of efficiency of effort - Are you trying to learn for only this reason - to have access to this look, or is it a stepping stone to more?

The only issue with using sliders are the arm positions at rest are tied to the waist somewhat: By bringing the waist in the arms will become closer and would clip with the hips if made this wide. This may be adjustable by the creator of said outfit by extending the arms away from the body somewhat while at rest. Without bringing the waist in for effect a normal sim would have something closer to the standard T-Pose although not as severe.

3 hours ago, landess said:

If this is what you're trying to accomplish, I feel you'd be better served to get a variety of body slider mods, and manipulate the shape using these and wearing an available outfit or perhaps even doing a Sims 3 request for one with this specific 'cut'.

@LadySmoks  just uploaded a Bunny outfit and given some of her recent uploads concerning materials used, this would appear to be quite doable. I'm not trying to give her 'extra' work, but as I said - it's doable.

There are head sliders as well - shrinking the head and narrowing the waist/chest/shoulder to create the desired effect.

Don't get me wrong! I'm in no way trying to discourage you from modding at all - I wish I had the motivation to learn myself and applaud you for deciding to learn this skill set. I only mention this out of efficiency of effort - Are you trying to learn for only this reason - to have access to this look, or is it a stepping stone to more?

The only issue with using sliders are the arm positions at rest are tied to the waist somewhat: By bringing the waist in the arms will become closer and would clip with the hips if made this wide. This may be adjustable by the creator of said outfit by extending the arms away from the body somewhat while at rest. Without bringing the waist in for effect a normal sim would have something closer to the standard T-Pose although not as severe.

I am only learning this because I want to spice the sims up a little more I have been inspired by alot of sims makers over the years.

JoshQ is correct - you seem to want to fly before you walk...

Learn how the existing EA/Maxis stuff is put together.

You seem to be trying to work with a complete mesh (body and garment together) without knowing the how or why.

My learning curve is - finding out where YOUR learning curve is...

If you really want your new body mesh - start with only the nude body. 100% Match seams at neck, waist, and feet. It's wise to also make the bottom and top (with arms) seperate - just match the seams. Then place the saved garment over that body and adjust to fit.  These are fundamentals. 

Once you learn those fundamentals - time to learn UV Mapping and manipulation. You can't put color on it without the UV Map.  Again, look at how EA put together a garment in TSRW.  ALL of those images are based on the UV Map. 

The above is trying to accommodate you flying before walking.

------------------------------------------------

I would start with an existing EA garment with its own EA body.  Use the Plunge Swimsuit - it is a full body with a paint-on garment (nude with no garment mesh).

Remove the EA garment (if a mesh for it exists) and place the new bodies garment around that body - adjust to fit.

Without knowing how to move individual or groups of vertices - you won't accomplish anything. 

Bone and morph with the donor (Plunge Swimsuit).

This will make it much easier when it comes time to put the UV Map together as the EA body is already Mapped for skin. You just need to do the UV layout and positioning for the garment part of the mesh.  Putting together a garment using an EA body mesh will show the fundamentals - then you may find it is easier to manipulate an existing EA body to fit your ideal - than to make another games body fit the EA standards.  Other games don't use the same body UV layout scenario - so, you will need to become very good at making and manipulating UV Maps for those bodies. 

As I see in the last image you presented - it looks pretty close - just select each leg (individually) and rotate (inward) really close to the foot seam - then match that seam to the EA foot seam. Smooth out any bowleg problems. Use the hip joint as the pivot point. Do the same for the other side. 

If you don't know much about UV's  - you better check how your new body is mapped now.  If it doesn't look like a standard EA body UV Map - I would stop where you are and learn about it. If it is different - use a standard EA body until you learn.

I just got a notice of this thread because landess mentioned me. Trying to play catch up.

I have never tried to convert a mesh from another game to TS3... however, I have "adapted" adult female to teen, and the process for seems may be similar. To match the head and neck seams, I take a teen mesh and delete everything except the last row of faces for the neck and ankles... then take the adult mesh and delete the last row for neck and ankles. Arms are another thing and I will get to them later.

Now, I use EA meshes, so the UV and the number of vertices from teen to adult are already the same. At this point, you may have to manually adjust a lot of stuff, especiallyif the mesh you are planning to use is not aligned with what EA has, as Nonsequitur said... clothes won't match up, except for your custom outfits.

Once you have the same vertices at your new seams, I use skrink/ flatten or simply resize x and y to get the parts close, but NEVER change position of the last row of vertices where the actual head meets neck and ankles meet feet! Now, join the two meshes. Use vertices merge to join everything. I set for joining UV, but turn that off at the side seams so my UV doesn't go spider webby, then manually join those vertices on the UV map.

Spoiler

1.PNG.ea699803e2f4ac9f16527880e0f76d2a.PNG

2.PNG.5983fc2638bf391d6ef654900f829b25.PNG

3.PNG.cb2f7275ee7dac6ef69aab0f004cfbd5.PNG

Here, I just move all of the vertices up a bit, so I can see them better when I merge them.

4.PNG.38369b64eba46d18db37b5b79e5d2453.PNG

Here you see the EA UV is already aligned.

5.PNG.440291f053aa1a99006e8666e6e50697.PNG

And merge vertices. As you did not disturb positions of the very last row, this mesh will align with teen feet. The waist is another matter, and similar to Josh's MedBod in that respect.

6.PNG.d3c2e0d71c510dee05f65437d02c8fdf.PNG

For arms, I use a similar process, but delete the entire adult arms plus on row of faces, then attach teen arms and the first row of body faces, verge vertices and adjust everything to make a smooth transition. The neck is done the same as the ankles.

5.PNG

The other issue you seem to have is bone assignments. If you properly align the mesh to EA's positions, but the ankles do not align, you have incorrect bones... at least, this is my experience.

Most of my meshes are custom. The garment UV may be placed in the sides reserved by EA for tops and bottoms, but the body is always in the EA body position... this because it MUST align with the skin textures.

Another option you may consider is to import your mesh and an EA body mesh, and move vertices of the EA mesh to approximate the positions of the mesh from the other game, but not touch the neck and ankle vertices. This way, your new mesh will fully align to EA's UV and seams... AND morphs may work better! Just be sure that the reference mesh you use gives you all the bones you need.

After looking again at your TSRW, I see a 2 group mesh with very few bones. Usually, the mesh that includes arms will have 50 or more bones because of the fingers. Here is the bunny mesh...

Spoiler

1.PNG.c3a1f54f48ca735ed386a8825c32a745.PNG

2.PNG.197ceae8da0102f87e8bbb4e4adbe3a2.PNG

3.PNG.5fba5592a6bfa16c44c7f6ba9341bfe8.PNG

You see the body, which I try to always make the skin part as group 0, has 59 bones, while the garment only 22.

How did you set up your bone reference? You ARE using Meshing Tool Kit???

3 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

I have never tried to convert a mesh from another game to TS3

I have... several times. 

Taking a body or object from somewhere like CGTrader, Free3D, or TurboSquid. 

They can be fun to play with, but not interchangeable with anything else.  

Back to PantyAnarchy1:

They require unique garments to match the unique body. When you swap a top or bottom - you can get big gaps at all seams or have monstrous jumps in endowments.  That's why I made the PerkySlopes3 body with all those key morphing points set at the zero point of the EA Sliders - the exact position the EA mesh is set like for nipple points, breast centers, any joint bend or rotation point, crotch level, etc. 

For what you are doing - take an EA body and move and reshape anything you like - except the seams. Just bare in mind that you should not mess with the vertical levels and leave X alone for the nipples. This will keep the alinement to skin image and have a relative "center" for morphing. 

And... the first thing I check if working with another games objects - is the UV Map. 

You can find real nasty ones where nothing is stacked and there are thousands of pieces.  It looks like one massive solid image consisting of thousands of tiny dots, you have your work cut out for you.

With a body - it needs to match up with an EA Skin image or match up with an EA body UV.  So, if the import body's UV isn't right - you need to make it right.  Technically, you can have  it any wompy way as long as you create a standalone Skin that matches it.  Then, to use it - you must have that particular skin.  A subject you should not consider and for another time.

24 minutes ago, Non-sequitur said:

Technically, you can have  it any wompy way as long as you create a standalone Skin that matches it.

This is how I had to assemble my soon to be released FemmeBot... especially the head...

Spoiler

1358884651_headmess.PNG.50f36ee9c3df39419f11f25c91923abd.PNG

2102049622_UVmess.PNG.6aff6140c848603857f17fef97b7e124.PNG

This is 4 months of work finally coming together... which is to say @PantyAnarchy1, custom stuff is not always easy or fast, and 2 of the lessons I learned from Josh Q of practice and PATIENCE must be taken to heart! My advise is persistence... don't give up, but don't be afraid to leave behind your first mess when it doesn't work as planned and start again with a new approach. This is perhaps version number??? 20 or 30??? And total reset number 6 or 7???

Much is about how much do YOU want it? ))) Everyone who has replied here wants you to succeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

This is how I had to assemble my soon to be released FemmeBot... especially the head...

Reveal hidden contents

1358884651_headmess.PNG.50f36ee9c3df39419f11f25c91923abd.PNG

2102049622_UVmess.PNG.6aff6140c848603857f17fef97b7e124.PNG

This is 4 months of work finally coming together... which is to say @PantyAnarchy1, custom stuff is not always easy or fast, and 2 of the lessons I learned from Josh Q of practice and PATIENCE must be taken to heart! My advise is persistence... don't give up, but don't be afraid to leave behind your first mess when it doesn't work as planned and start again with a new approach. This is perhaps version number??? 20 or 30??? And total reset number 6 or 7???

Much is about how much do YOU want it? ))) Everyone who has replied here wants you to succeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for your up lifting words and generosity I appreciate the help that you and @landess and @Non-sequitur along with @JoshQ

have done for me thank you so much!

1 hour ago, PantyAnarchy1 said:

Thank you for your up lifting words and generosity I appreciate the help that you and @landess and @Non-sequitur along with @JoshQ

have done for me thank you so much!

When I see someone that wants to try to make something, I remember that I was asking for help to make open bottom dresses, only about a year ago. Josh Q guided me. He never said anything was easy, but encouraged... and still encourages me to try different things, and his words of "Practice and Patience" are very important. I always tell people that everything is not easy, but to try. Another important thing Josh told me is that failure IS an option! Everything you try does not work as you planned. Don't give up. Just try again!!! Try a different way!!!

Another thing that I often do is download someone else's work, open it in TSRW to see how it is made. Pull out the mesh and import it to Blender to see how THAT is made. Look at how the UV map is arranged. Josh often uses a method of mirroring the UV of one arm and moving it to the exact same area as the other arm so he has the space to work, since EA does not allow a lot of extra map area... even look closer at how EA put things together. It will give you an idea of what NOT to do!!! )))

8 hours ago, Non-sequitur said:

JoshQ is correct - you seem to want to fly before you walk...

Learn how the existing EA/Maxis stuff is put together.

You seem to be trying to work with a complete mesh (body and garment together) without knowing the how or why.

My learning curve is - finding out where YOUR learning curve is...

If you really want your new body mesh - start with only the nude body. 100% Match seams at neck, waist, and feet. It's wise to also make the bottom and top (with arms) seperate - just match the seams. Then place the saved garment over that body and adjust to fit.  These are fundamentals. 

Once you learn those fundamentals - time to learn UV Mapping and manipulation. You can't put color on it without the UV Map.  Again, look at how EA put together a garment in TSRW.  ALL of those images are based on the UV Map. 

The above is trying to accommodate you flying before walking.

------------------------------------------------

I would start with an existing EA garment with its own EA body.  Use the Plunge Swimsuit - it is a full body with a paint-on garment (nude with no garment mesh).

Remove the EA garment (if a mesh for it exists) and place the new bodies garment around that body - adjust to fit.

Without knowing how to move individual or groups of vertices - you won't accomplish anything. 

Bone and morph with the donor (Plunge Swimsuit).

This will make it much easier when it comes time to put the UV Map together as the EA body is already Mapped for skin. You just need to do the UV layout and positioning for the garment part of the mesh.  Putting together a garment using an EA body mesh will show the fundamentals - then you may find it is easier to manipulate an existing EA body to fit your ideal - than to make another games body fit the EA standards.  Other games don't use the same body UV layout scenario - so, you will need to become very good at making and manipulating UV Maps for those bodies. 

As I see in the last image you presented - it looks pretty close - just select each leg (individually) and rotate (inward) really close to the foot seam - then match that seam to the EA foot seam. Smooth out any bowleg problems. Use the hip joint as the pivot point. Do the same for the other side. 

If you don't know much about UV's  - you better check how your new body is mapped now.  If it doesn't look like a standard EA body UV Map - I would stop where you are and learn about it. If it is different - use a standard EA body until you learn.

I used plunge swimsuit but when I autotoolkit it  the mesh only had 35 bones what am I doing wrong?

31 minutes ago, PantyAnarchy1 said:

I used plunge swimsuit but when I autotoolkit it  the mesh only had 35 bones what am I doing wrong?

Open TSRW and a plunge swimsuit. Go to the mesh tab. Click the arrow in the empty box to open the wsos and select High Level Of Detail... LOD 1. Export that to your work file. THAT is what you use as your reference mesh in Tool Kit.

But honestly, if you aren't up on how to transfer bones and morphs, perhaps you will need to start MUCH smaller and work your way up to converting a non-EA mesh to work in TS3???

2 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Open TSRW and a plunge swimsuit. Go to the mesh tab. Click the arrow in the empty box to open the wsos and select High Level Of Detail... LOD 1. Export that to your work file. THAT is what you use as your reference mesh in Tool Kit.

But honestly, if you aren't up on how to transfer bones and morphs, perhaps you will need to start MUCH smaller and work your way up to converting a non-EA mesh to work in TS3???

I'm up for any challenging process it might take a few tries but I'll make it work @LadySmoks

1 hour ago, PantyAnarchy1 said:

I'm up for any challenging process it might take a few tries but I'll make it work @LadySmoks

If you are not familiar with using Meshing Tool Kit to do a basic bones and morphs transfer, your challenge will be to have PATIENCE... and to PRACTICE before attacking a project like converting a game mesh to TS3 and getting it to work as you want. ))) Again, Josh Q's words hold up. 

I lived... and am still living what I am telling you. I had been serious meshing for about 3 months when I decided to make a new outfit for my Harley Quinn. This was in November. I cut and pieced together perhaps parts of 4 or 5 different meshes, and even made some new parts. The base mesh was beautiful! Buckles, straps, hoops on the straps, studs all around her corset!!! Then, I added the bones and morphs, and when I morphed my beautiful mesh in TSRW, all those studs and buckles and hoops distorted and blew apart into a total mess! NOTHING I knew to do fixed the problem. I scrapped it and made a completely new one, with the same results.

Josh is a great teacher when he has time. He knew to point me in the right direction, and allow me to figure some things out and really learn. And sometimes, learning takes time. In the months since I first failed, I have learned to use several new tools in Blender, a new techniques that I hope will be the answer to fixing that top. Again, I started that 7 months ago!!! But, recently I have learned better bone manipulation and painting bones which is something I always failed at doing in past efforts. The tail on the bunny outfit is an example of a painted bone to keep it round as the sim moves.

I just finished another mesh for a Wonder Woman outfit. It has a harness across her chest and around her waist with a buckle and a few studs here and there. I finally succeeded in fixing all of the morph meshes so that the buckle and studs do not blow apart! Now, this is something that I can go back and try to apply to that Harley Quinn top from November. )))

My point is, ambition is great, but realizing you may not be able to accomplish a particular goal... YET... is also important. There is so much to know, and so much to learn. Be patient. Start smaller... practice and grow and improve and expand. Then go after that big prize. And if you fail... put it on the shelf for a while, learn a little more and go back to it later. )))

One of the biggest problems is that this game is ancient, that means very simple textures and even simpler meshes, you can kinda force high-poly meshes (been there done that) but for that is necessary for you to understand how garments / accessories / footwear  work. 

As Non-sequitur says start with something simple: converting swimsuit textures into bunny leotards, making simple accessories like the rabbit ears that don’t need morphs and use only one bone. You have to slow a little or you're going to get burn out, what you want to do is the equivalent of running on a Formula 1 without even having a drivers license.

Wow, a lot said here since yesterday.

ALL very valid and realistic.. 

As LadySmoks and JoshQ pointed out - if your serious - start small, and have some successes with simple makes. You will learn several new techniques, and tool uses, each time you try.  If you jump into that F1 racing machine before you've learned to drive - you're going to hit that burnout wall. 

We are all on this thread now so - if you have Patients and Persistence - we will too.

Might I also suggest you read through the "Open Bottom Dress" topic as well.

There is a lot of information there. Although you may not fully understand it - there is a lot of nearly every aspect of creation and assembly there. Some  that you will understand and could immediately use. With each thing you learn - it brings some more of what you didn't understand into the light.  The learning begins to become exponential.  Keep it up and in 6 months - you will be able to make anything you can imagine (mostly). 

What would you like to start with? Outfits are perhaps the simplest or easiest for big-picture understanding. 

Start with an EA body and place a garment around it. Still don't have an understanding of your skill level with basic 3D so must assume you have a fair amount.

Once you think you have the garment positioned - Let's look at it.  Then on to the basic UV stuff, then the images needed. When you see how the pieces go together and why... Then boning, morphing, and final assembly.  Finish that one and you will have a good start.  On to bigger and better creations. 

If you are determined to continue working on your game conversion - the info needed has been given. You can always "back burner" it for a while and revisit later with improved skill and knowledge. 

18 hours ago, PantyAnarchy1 said:

I'll make it work

LadySmoks advised you about the LOD level. Don't forget other levels after you succeed, or as the camera zooms out/the 'target' sim is further away, there will be 'nothing' there. I even had ONE piece of CC (hair) that would immediately crash my game to desktop if it came into camera view while I was in town view - that took awhile to trouble shoot.

Danragon01 I noticed this members avatar and saw the top looks almost identical to your 'import'. If you contact them (PM) they may be able to show the entire outfit/where to get it and you could adapt it if it's close to what you want.