Trying to assamble new Gaming Computer

Well, After what you said I might take the 16 ram(My brother still owes

me 100 bucks so). I found 2 but is there any difference between 2 x 8

and 4 x 4 performance wise?

Great you won't have to go back later and upgrade the memory.

Some might aruge but I cannot see the difference. Some have stated that the motherboard now has more "channels" for the data to go through. Think of it as having 2 people as opposed to 4 (or in this case 1 person to 2 since the memory is dual channel having data running through a pair of memory as opposed to Single channel)

I'm one of those that would offer up an example of a debate on this topic,

It's true that there isn't much of an issue on this topic except when it comes to matched ram/timings/latency and brand and kit of ram you choose for your build

for instance for the most part in general you will find a lot of people out there will buy generic ram and plug it in their pc's and it will work fine. for the most part older systems and AMD Based systems don't have an issue with Ram however Intel based systems are dependent on their Qualification codes charts and specifics of the components that go into their systems and aren't so much as a guide but rather a This is what it "IS" and not what  you want list

for instance if you look at your board requirements you can goto their website and check their qualified vendor lists and look for the memory that has passed checks on this board , on this page it will show you the brand name, type used size of memory sticks and number of modules used, more often then not to a new comer to pc's it can be a bit overwhelming , but once you wrap your head around their principles it will be that much clearer in the future.

as for the "my thoughts on this topic" the amount of ram that you put into your machine and the denomination of how many banks you fill will be dependent on what type of ram you are purchasing, either DUAL Channel or QUAD Channel as you wouldn't want to wind up with 2 DUAL Channel Ram sticks and 2 Quad channel sticks cause you'll be chasing BSOD's "Blue Screen Of Death" all month long till you figure out you have 2 incompatible setups

also on a side note Memory vendors don't post memory kits available to system builders in the combine-able aspects that a lot of new to the building of pc's often fall into :

when you purchase ram for your system and if you are planning on filling all 4 banks then get a full 4 sticks of 2gb's kit that will do that instead of 2kits of  2x4 kits ... most memory MFG's will only warranty their memory as long as your not combining kits ...its kinda hard to explain but to MFG's they test each sets of ram that are included in the set that you sell so if you buy a kit of 2x4gb for a total of 8gb's of ram that is what they will expect you to only run in your system just those 2 sticks of ram and that is what the warranty will cover as they are numbered on the ram consecutively most AMD systems and older pc's don't have an issue with Ram specs but i have found most Intel systems have variable issues with combined ram sets just my opinion there To all the Intel Lovers out there, i mean no disrespect, i know this seems like a lot of info but in the long run you'll find that Intel Systems may be well worth the money and can be a pure joy to own and run, but they can also be a pure evil to work on and fix not knowing these issues .

Hey there one more point I'd like to mention , being that your listing isn't in my native language i overlooked an important feature, you might try and look for a motherboard that doesn't have native AMD graphics built into the board if you are going with an Nvidia VGA chipset as the motherboard you have picked is Native AMD crossfire supported , Nvidia and AMD don't play well together and not having any personal experience with this specific board I couldn't tell you if the Onboard graphics chipset can be disabled completely to allow for an Nvidia card to run effectively on it. this would inevitably give you some rather unusual BSOD's if not aware or experienced enough with the card and motherboard choice

when you purchase ram for your system and if you are planning on filling

all 4 banks then get a full 4 sticks of 2gb's kit that will do that

instead of 2kits of  2x4 kits ... most memory MFG's will only warranty

their memory as long as your not combining kits ...its kinda hard to

explain but to MFG's they test each sets of ram that are included in the

set that you sell so if you buy a kit of 2x4gb for a total of 8gb's of

ram that is what they will expect you to only run in your system just

those 2 sticks of ram and that is what the warranty will cover as they

are numbered on the ram consecutively most AMD systems and older pc's

don't have an issue with Ram specs but i have found most Intel systems

have variable issues with combined ram sets just my opinion there To all

the Intel Lovers out there, i mean no disrespect, i know this seems

like a lot of info but in the long run you'll find that Intel Systems

may be well worth the money and can be a pure joy to own and run, but

they can also be a pure evil to work on and fix not knowing these issues

Really .. I though it was ok so long as the model number is the same. You could buy one 2 stick pack and later buy another 2 stick pack and be supported so long as they were the exact same model number.

i used to think the same way there Ritual but yeah when i started my business selling for the MFG's of these pc parts its in their Writ documentation Warranties are only provided per card use and packet use, if you want a full warranty get the memory from the MFG in the stated amounts needed and they will sell you a complete package as such , when you purchase from places like NewEgg and Fry's and TD they don't inform the public of this as its considered small print ... and on the flip side 2 sets of ram from the same ram line can have and usually do have different timings and voltages due to their tested parameters, which is why  when you purchase a set that is more then one dimm you are getting the chipset that is both closest to timing, and voltages as its counterparts in that set and would be covered on that warranty , if you do use more then 2 sets of close to each other purchased ram section make sure you tag the second or the first set with a different color tape like i use a leather punch and make up a bunch of vinyl tape dots , that way if a set dies you dun haft a guess , this is especially helpful with non HS equipped Dimms . I'll get you a few warranty files uploaded to my pc so that you can get a better assessment of my info

I am the oppsite.

The only time I can get there is when I am not working. I wouldn't dare even dream of accessing this at work. I am on the same subnet as the building manager, all the supporting managers and loss prevention.

Most where I work can't access anything except what is allowed I am on an unblocked network.(duh considering who else is also on the network).

In case you wondering I run some programs that acces the database to render reports and such. This is a very big bandwith hog. I am litterly one room over from the server. Using speed test I can hit the red zone. Anywhere else they put me on kills the network and renders other functions useless.

well I'm kinda lucky, i have built and installed 8 of the pc's here and 2 for the building adjacent to us and 6 more for the business next door to us , not to mention the half dozen or so laptops that come and go . most everyone here was on the Qwest DSL Cough cough ...Dial up plan and when i brought in my laptop with full band wireless and boosted it off one of the bosses 3g cell phones i simple said this is what your pc's could do in real time rather then what your getting now, and they all jumped on it now all 3 stores have full 60meg DL and 15-30 meg up .. I don't physically work for anyone here in general , as I am my own boss and love the freedom that comes with it. So when I am here I am in general working on their PC's and bring my kick boxes in to do my work personal computing on.