• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I haven't fully tested the events in game, but I did manage to get the mod to load and show up under Captivity Events in MCM by editing the SubModule.xml in the mod's folder:

• Remove "Development" from the <SubModules> section (should be blank)
  • Change "Version value" to something like "v1.0.1" (any value is fine as long as it's one Bannerlord allows)
  • Remove "DependentVersion" from the <DependedModule> section for zCaptivityEvents

Probably something will break since this is just forcing it to load, but we'll see!

On 5/25/2023 at 8:40 AM, NotBasileus said:

I haven't fully tested the events in game, but I did manage to get the mod to load and show up under Captivity Events in MCM by editing the SubModule.xml in the mod's folder:

• Remove "Development" from the <SubModules> section (should be blank)
  • Change "Version value" to something like "v1.0.1" (any value is fine as long as it's one Bannerlord allows)
  • Remove "DependentVersion" from the <DependedModule> section for zCaptivityEvents

Probably something will break since this is just forcing it to load, but we'll see!

Any progres, mate?

Only issue I had was some events had the same set of responses repeated/doubled up, but I don't know what the cause of that was (or even if they were from this pack). Otherwise seems to still run fine if you fix up the submodule.xml as above.

Edited by NotBasileus
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey, Exams are over i'm going to get on fixing any issues soon.  I'd expect it might take a bit since i've been out for a year and i need to rummage through work-in-progress files where i have no idea what is or isn't finished.  So when i upload something and an unfinished event pops up, do let me know.  I hope to get you all an update somewhere in the coming week.  I've also been collecting a hoard of images (too many really) which i intend to implement in other updates, add a little variety.

As an aside i'd like to thank everyone who put in efforts to make workarounds while i was busy.  As well as everyone who continued to support and appreciate the mod.  I think it's an amazing testament to mankind that so much free volunteered work goes into these mods, simply based on a desire to make, share and help.  And i'm very happy i can dedicate a bit of whatever few skills i have to the appreciation and enjoyment of others.

For now, i'm a fix what's broken and get you guys an up-to-date version for the newest CE.  o7

• 2 weeks later...

Good friend, I wanted to tell you that your mod is incredible and I've been thinking about translating it into Spanish. But from what I've been seeing, you don't have the language folder to provide a proper translation, I don't know if you've thought that your mod could have translations into other languages but it would be a good idea. I propose it to you with all due respect, of course.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey man, question: your install instructions state that I should put the mod in the CE ModuleLoader folder "next to Default and Required"? Is this still the case or do I just have to put it into the Module next to CE and CEDefault? Because there isn't a Default in the CE ModuleLoader folder, right? Only the CaptivityRequired, no?

Cheers!

Capture.PNG

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2023 at 10:28 AM, Vexxatos said:

Good friend, I wanted to tell you that your mod is incredible and I've been thinking about translating it into Spanish. But from what I've been seeing, you don't have the language folder to provide a proper translation, I don't know if you've thought that your mod could have translations into other languages but it would be a good idea. I propose it to you with all due respect, of course.

Thanks i'm glad you enjoy it, i haven't included a language file.  (therefore also not added references to said file in my text)  Not entirely sure how it works but i'm nowhere near the point where i'm thinking of translating (or making it possible for others)  i don't mind having it, but it's quite a lot of stuff where i have no idea of how it works.

On 8/19/2023 at 6:06 PM, Bertje123 said:

Hey man, question: your install instructions state that I should put the mod in the CE ModuleLoader folder "next to Default and Required"? Is this still the case or do I just have to put it into the Module next to CE and CEDefault? Because there isn't a Default in the CE ModuleLoader folder, right? Only the CaptivityRequired, no?

Cheers!

On 9/17/2023 at 8:43 PM, may1tocry said:

It didnt work for me. can someone explain which folder those files belonge?

On 9/24/2023 at 7:32 PM, shar95 said:

Do i just need to put it in "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\zCaptivityEvents\ModuleLoader\"? How event are named so i can see if they show up in captivitys optional events menu?

Sorry for the confusion, i neglected to change the install instructions (even last version i think?).  You now place it where you do for any other mod, inside the modules file.  Thank you for reminding me of this!

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, charlieTG said:

Can't get this to work - first it gave me an error about the SubModule.xml, I tried editing it like suggest above & now it doesn't give me the error, but still appears greyed out in the launcher (can't be selected)

Could be it broke since the last patch... they seem to have changed a bunch of modding stuff in 1.2.7?  i'm not sure but i'll look into it.  Hope not too much stuff has broken i've been increasing the size of this version considerably since last update and got a bit fatigued with it before having a decent release (i.e. a bunch of mostly-implemented stuff)  Though i hope this hasn't been going on for too long, i thought i'd fixed/clarified the submodule thing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2023 at 1:45 AM, B0ukensha said:

Could be it broke since the last patch... they seem to have changed a bunch of modding stuff in 1.2.7?  i'm not sure but i'll look into it.  Hope not too much stuff has broken i've been increasing the size of this version considerably since last update and got a bit fatigued with it before having a decent release (i.e. a bunch of mostly-implemented stuff)  Though i hope this hasn't been going on for too long, i thought i'd fixed/clarified the submodule thing.

Recent versions of CE has a stricter policy with the xml files. They won't get loaded if they are malformed (should appear in logs). While that may seem annoying, it helped detect latent issues with existing events. For example a list of options wouldn't appear because there were 2 sets in the same event. Or that there was duplicate tags.

If this is the issue, then your events aren't broken per say. All you'd need to do is load the game with your module enabled, look at the logs and repair malformed xml. The repair usually consist in removing a line or fixing a typo. Or, if you are more technically minded, you could use a linter and check your xml files against the xsd (zCaptivityEvents/ModuleLoader/CaptivityRequired/Events/CEEventsModal.xsd).

Did that for the current most recent release:

~$ xmllint --noout --schema CEEventsModal.xsd Events/*.xml
Events/BoukieCampProstitution.xml validates
Events/BoukieCasualSex.xml validates
Events/BoukieCityWhores.xml validates
Events/BoukieFemaleAssault.xml validates
Events/BoukieFemaleCaptor.xml validates
Events/BoukieFemaleCart.xml validates
Events/BoukieFemaleDogs.xml validates
Events/BoukieFemaleSlave.xml:1076: element ReqHeroSkillLevelBelow: Schemas validity error : Element 'ReqHeroSkillLevelBelow': This element is not expected. Expected is one of ( MultipleRestrictedListOfConsequences, OptionText, TriggerEventName, SoundName, SceneToPlay, PregnancyRiskModifier, EscapeChance, ReqHeroPartyHaveItem, ReqCaptorPartyHaveItem, ReqHeroHealthBelowPercentage ).
Events/BoukieFemaleSlave.xml fails to validate
Events/BoukieFemaleTentacleslave.xml:180: element ReqHeroSkillLevelAbove: Schemas validity error : Element 'ReqHeroSkillLevelAbove': This element is not expected.
Events/BoukieFemaleTentacleslave.xml fails to validate
Events/BoukieImprisonment.xml validates
Events/BoukieLadyDog.xml:35: element SpawnTroops: Schemas validity error : Element 'SpawnTroops': This element is not expected.
Events/BoukieLadyDog.xml fails to validate
Events/BoukieLordSlaveProstitute.xml validates
Events/BoukieLowMorale.xml validates
Events/BoukieMaleCaptive.xml validates
Events/BoukieMaleCaptorPregnants.xml validates
Events/BoukieMaleCaptor.xml validates
Events/BoukieOld.xml validates
Events/BoukieRaiding.xml validates
Events/BoukieSlaveProstitute.xml validates
Events/BoukieVoluntaryProstitute.xml validates
Events/BoukieWhorePayment.xml validates
Events/BoukieWhoreYourselfOut.xml validates

Fixed the XMLs causing some events to not load in 1110.

Note that you only need one of the attachments, the smaller one  doesn't have the Images folder so you'll need to download the original from LL then extract mine over it. The other attachment should be the whole mod.

zBoukenshasBinder_Fixed_V1.2.8_1110_NoImages.zip

zBoukenshasBinder_Fixed_V1.2.8_1110.zip

Edited by jgvtmcxihxvtghzpzz
On 12/29/2023 at 8:09 AM, jgvtmcxihxvtghzpzz said:

Fixed the XMLs causing some events to not load in 1110.

Note that you only need one of the attachments, the smaller one  doesn't have the Images folder so you'll need to download the original from LL then extract mine over it. The other attachment should be the whole mod.

zBoukenshasBinder_Fixed_V1.2.8_1110_NoImages.zip 373.5 kB · 5 downloads

zBoukenshasBinder_Fixed_V1.2.8_1110.zip 105.23 MB · 9 downloads

nice that people like yourself are assisting the community, thank you.

Though i am near releasing the next version, just trying to deal with this issue where you get put into prison randomly and can't find the event i added which causes it XD  So it may be a few more days or perhaps weeks, idk.