Opinion needed: Creature texture quality

What do you think of these creatures? I feel perhaps the textures are a little bit too low. The creature meshes are ok. It's just the textures. I'm considering putting them into a creature mod, but I'm not sure. Creatures are created by Jacka.

The large "dino" creatures uses mammoth skeleton. The ogre uses a troll skeleton.

What do you think?

And is it possible to put pictures directly into the post without going through third site?

deviljho.bmp barroth.bmp lionhorse.bmp

ogre.bmp armored ogre.bmp

It´s a fine looking model and nice textures, too, but yep, that´s too low resolution.

You will be quite close to the creature and the game, and because it´s not dog-sized but rather big, you will see the missing details.

1.JPG.89d9195248d774898257ea320589139a.JPG

There are tools which scale textures up with AI, but since there is very litte detail to begin with, upscaling will not help a lot.

You either need the original source, or you (or some texture artist) will need to rework it manually in 2048x2048 minimum, I´m afraid ... ?

1 hour ago, Husky1o1 said:

It´s a fine looking model and nice textures, too, but yep, that´s too low resolution.

You will be quite close to the creature and the game, and because it´s not dog-sized but rather big, you will see the missing details.

1.JPG.89d9195248d774898257ea320589139a.JPG

There are tools which scale textures up with AI, but since there is very litte detail to begin with, upscaling will not help a lot.

You either need the original source, or you (or some texture artist) will need to rework it manually in 2048x2048 minimum, I´m afraid ... ?

Thanks for having a look. Right now I don't have neither time or knowlegde to improve this. So I might just skip them for now :-/

On 5/26/2020 at 9:00 PM, Husky1o1 said:

You could call out the modding ommunity for help in a new thread, maybe there are texture artists up for the challenge and you can team up?

Not a bad idea. I might do that :). Those ogres fits right into the skyrim world if you ask me. Would ve a shame not to use them.