hey little help here remember how fallout 3 and fallout nv had the race menu is there a race menu mod for fallout 4 and if so could you send the link my way please thanks if not its fine just curious if it exists or not and if so how would i operate it and can i add race mods to the preset roster of races 

9 minutes ago, Mike Kenyth said:

cool thanks also does one more question i do apologies but tattoo mods can i download multiple put them in my mod manager and have multiple tattoo mods or is it one tattoo mod at a time?

Yes, you can use more than one tattoo mod at a time - as long as it mentions looksmenu or overlay, like this one for example:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/38574?tab=description

If it doesn't mention those two things, then it is probably a replacer or meant to be used with unique player, and you'd only be able to use one at a time.

oh cool also sorry for asking so many questions i'm a bit new at modding but the looks menu mod lets say i want to have two race mods for example the vulpine race and the crimes against nature pony race can i use both or do i have to choose one or the other cause i was wanting to have a bit of diversity to my game but don't want to break my game

okay cool and one last question hopefully just found this mod called occult piper overhaul it looks pretty dope but i have a deathclaw infused Cait mod and all the mods that support it how do i merge the mods so i can keep both occult piper and deathclaw cait?

Are you nearing the mod limit and that is why you want to merge? I don't know enough about merging to assist you with that.

I use separate replacers for Cait, Piper, Curie and other NPCs, and they are fully compatible with each other. There would only be issues if they affected the same NPC, which could be resolved by adjusting the load order.

So, you wanting to merge overhauls for two different companions is bewildering!

12 hours ago, Mike Kenyth said:

okay cool and one last question hopefully just found this mod called occult piper overhaul it looks pretty dope but i have a deathclaw infused Cait mod and all the mods that support it how do i merge the mods so i can keep both occult piper and deathclaw cait?

Take a look here ; https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69905/

Though it is on the skyrim page, it will if set up work with fallout 4 and most of these games.  It can be a bit fiddly, but if correctly set up will recompile scripts, unpack ba2 from the base mods, create a new ba2 for the new mod, pretty much everything you need to merge mods with.

There is also an xedit script kicking around on nexus but the program I linked to is the replacement for it, if you have zedit, you can also choose zmerge as an option when starting up, that would also merge the mods.

Another option, is to go here https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/27568

Grab the scripts pack there, and install it into your fallout 4 xedit program, from there load both the esps up into xedit and, then run a script and choose the SimpleESLify script, actually you could do this on your entire load order, though do be aware that some esp do not like being made into esl, and that script may well esl files that should not be, only way to find out is to do, just keep a backup of the esp as esp somewhere, then if it does not work as esl, delete the esl and replace with esp.

2 hours ago, Varithina said:

Take a look here ; https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/69905/

Though it is on the skyrim page, it will if set up work with fallout 4 and most of these games.  It can be a bit fiddly, but if correctly set up will recompile scripts, unpack ba2 from the base mods, create a new ba2 for the new mod, pretty much everything you need to merge mods with.

There is also an xedit script kicking around on nexus but the program I linked to is the replacement for it, if you have zedit, you can also choose zmerge as an option when starting up, that would also merge the mods.

Another option, is to go here https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/27568

Grab the scripts pack there, and install it into your fallout 4 xedit program, from there load both the esps up into xedit and, then run a script and choose the SimpleESLify script, actually you could do this on your entire load order, though do be aware that some esp do not like being made into esl, and that script may well esl files that should not be, only way to find out is to do, just keep a backup of the esp as esp somewhere, then if it does not work as esl, delete the esl and replace with esp.

ok? like i said im still new to modding and at the moment im just downloading files so that are required to make the mod work but what are zedit, zmerge, ba2, xedit, esps, and esl's? 

4 hours ago, Mike Kenyth said:

ok? like i said im still new to modding and at the moment im just downloading files so that are required to make the mod work but what are zedit, zmerge, ba2, xedit, esps, and esl's? 

esp are what makes the mod work, esl are a different version of esp, but take up less places in your load order, you can only have 254 max, and to be honest more than 200 is pushing it depending on what they do.

Each mod you install will have one or more esp, possibly esm (these are master files, but still need to be active in the load order to work).

zedit/zmerge are part of the same program, it can/will more than likely be used by you at some point to sort out conflicts between other mods.

xedit is in effect an older version of zedit, but is more common, though xedit is actually a abbreviation, for fallout it would normally be f4edit, for skyrim it is usually tesvedit, you get the idea, xedit is just an easy way of saying whichever edit is for the game you are working on.

ba2 are archive files, some mods use them some do not, for the most part they are added with the mod install, and activated with the esp in your game, though there, they tend to load quicker than loose files, but loose files overwrite them.  For loose files if the mod installs things like meshes/textures and such then they are loose files.

To be honest though if you are at the stage where you do not know what those things are, you are probably better off reading through an install guide, even if you do not intend to use the mods listed, they usually give an overview of what the various things are.

First thing you will want to decide is which mod manager you are going to use, true you could manually install, but that is annoying as hell and a good way to kill your save games and possibly the game itself, to the point you would need to re-install the whole lot.

Choice pretty much are nexus mod manger, which is old, and as far as I am aware officially dead, though still be developed by users, source is/was nexus, though I believe it is now github for current downloads.

Vortex, the nexus replacement for nexus mod manager, no idea how this works as I never used it, still in development, though the main guy is the one who wrote mod organiser.

Mod organiser 2, this is on nexus in their files, and is also still being developed, this is what I use but, it does have quite a steep learning curve and can be somewhat finiky to get working with some things, though as you are starting from scratch, you have no bad habits from other mod managers to carry over, so may have an easier time.  Most guides you find pretty much assume you are using mod organiser 2, short form is mo2.

Wrye bash, this can be used as a mod manager, never used it myself, well not as a mod manager anyway, its is used for a couple of things though.

On 5/20/2020 at 5:09 AM, Mike Kenyth said:

oh cool also sorry for asking so many questions i'm a bit new at modding but the looks menu mod lets say i want to have two race mods for example the vulpine race and the crimes against nature pony race can i use both or do i have to choose one or the other cause i was wanting to have a bit of diversity to my game but don't want to break my game

I think in the case of fallout it is one or the other, as there is only one playable race in the game, which is human, with skyrim it would be depending on how they are set up, both as those games allow different races.

Of course there is always the fun way of finding out, make a hard save of your current game, then install both mods, and see what happens when you start the game.

2 hours ago, Varithina said:

I think in the case of fallout it is one or the other, as there is only one playable race in the game, which is human, with skyrim it would be depending on how they are set up, both as those games allow different races.

Of course there is always the fun way of finding out, make a hard save of your current game, then install both mods, and see what happens when you start the game.

lol that would be interesting also what if i were to manually install the mods how many mods can i do before i reach a specific limit or beings it is manually installed into the actual game files there is no limit like it would be on the nexus mod manager

3 hours ago, Mike Kenyth said:

lol that would be interesting also what if i were to manually install the mods how many mods can i do before i reach a specific limit or beings it is manually installed into the actual game files there is no limit like it would be on the nexus mod manager

The max of 254 esp/esm is a game limit, and the official game files count in that limit.  ESL count as one in this count, though you can only have 4096 of those.

For mods that do not have esp/esm/esl you can install as many of them as you want.