Alien Colonial Marines "Bait and Switch" and your thoughts on Pre ordering games

Yeah, i hope something comes from that. Using fake footage until the very release of the game while knowing full well it isn't like that should be punished. At the very least i'll be quite skeptical of any title with the name Gearbox again.

But that is exactly why i don't pre-order games, with very few trusted developers being exceptions.

On the positive side, that  disaster got me playing the newest Alien vs. Predator game, that turned out to be pretty good. For a modern FPS :D

I know, I've seen that video and it is really bizarre. I'll be writing a review of the game sometime this week or in the next, but its incredibly that Gearbox (and/or Sega) allowed this to happen. What a colossal disappointment.

On the positive side, that  disaster got me playing the newest Alien vs. Predator game, that turned out to be pretty good. For a modern FPS :D

In itself though, AvP is a total travesty of Aliens vs Predator II, which was miles, miles better. The only thing the modern release is in any way superior is the graphics. The industry is doing a really good job of ruining the Aliens and Predator franchise. My only hope lies with Ridley Scott and him taking it in another direction. Thank god!

My brother has this game and yes the graphics are not as good as they can be but that does not make the game bad. Come on millions of people play Minecraft for god's sake. I do agree though that the amount of content shown does not appear in the game at all, but that does not mean it won't be coming into the game as a DLC. We are talking Gearbox here.

I pre-ordered Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm and it is still less then a month away from being released.

In itself though, AvP is a total travesty of Aliens vs Predator II, which was miles, miles better.

Yes, that's why "For a modern FPS" ;)

Oh, and next part of Starcraft 2 is about to be released? Blizzard's one of those exceptions.

Guest Plastrader

I could start with linking to a wikipedia page about False Advertising

For example, If I went to a store to buy cheese.
When I get home and was to eat it I saw it was mouldy.
So I bring it back to the store and they offer me a replacement or a refund.

With games?
Nope! Sorry, you've been had!

Now if "The cheese company" was to launch a new cheese.
And in their advertisements they put:
"This is the tastiest cheese ever!"
When someone bought it they realised it was just a packed sponge.
Would "The cheese company" not be charged for it?

With games on the other hand...

The problem with the second video is that the persons who I think this is aimed at have this attitude:
"Nah, cawnt be bothered to watch, 'MOM can I has thes new game?!'"
(yes sorry, I'm generalising)

He does have a point though.
Be responsible and have patience.

For the question.
No I don't pre-order games.
I can't really trust non-independent game reviews either because ever now and then I read: "Magazine/site x has been under suspicion of being bribed."

I sure wish there was some way of returning games, pointing out my utter disappointment with the product for a refund.
I'm fed up with beta testing games they release.
If someone could say one game that hasn't been "post patched" some days after the release the last few years.

I don't think this will stop until someone brings any of these game developers or publishers to court, and wins.

My brother has this game and yes the graphics are not as good as they can be but that does not make the game bad. Come on millions of people play Minecraft for god's sake. I do agree though that the amount of content shown does not appear in the game at all, but that does not mean it won't be coming into the game as a DLC. We are talking Gearbox here.

I pre-ordered Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm and it is still less then a month away from being released.

Mincraft have awfull graphic but decent game play. ACM not. I hope that Sega will sue Gearbox ass hard. I liked gearbox (mostly for opposing force :P) but what they did with ACM is beyond everything.

I don't give a fuck about graphics, so I just see this as graphical whores whining. And this whole thing is, dare I say, similar to the demo of Sonic 06 and the retail version, where they were using two different builds, yet it was essentially the same thing without the graphical flare.

I've heard people say it sucks to the point of rage, but I've never heard anybody go IT'S DIFFERENT FROM THE DEMO THIS IS SO CONTROVERSIAL.

I don't see the fucking point at all in this, just people on the Internet bitching as usual.

I don't see the fucking point at all in this, just people on the Internet bitching as usual.

No, Mass Effect 3 ending was  people on the internet whining as usual. Well not really "as usual", that got into scarily overblown proportions. This however is false advertising, as that demo footage was used in marketing until the release. And it still is in the game's Steam page, atleast.

No, Mass Effect 3 ending was  people on the internet whining as usual. Well not really "as usual", that got into scarily overblown proportions. This however is false advertising, as that demo footage was used in marketing until the release. And it still is in the game's Steam page, atleast.

Mass Effect 3 was the worst ending in a story since mankind first learned to write fiction. It was not overblown at all, and neither is this.

And as for ACM, I was going to maybe get it. Now I won't. I can tolerate bad graphics, I can tolerate certain degrees of bad gameplay, but as an Alien fan for many, many years I do not tolerate the kind of lore butchery and awful story telling that makes Alien Resurrection look like Citizen Kane.

For example, who the hell makes an Aliens game and thinks people want to fight Weyland-Yutani mooks? What? It's Cerberus in ME3 all over again. Pass!

Edit: On preordering, I only pre order games I know I'll like. For example Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen. I like Dragon's Dogma, why wouldn't I like the expansion? I don't need any bribes for it, I'm just getting it.

Now, preordering sight unseen for a "bonus" that was ripped out of the game just to make people buy it? Hell no.

No, Mass Effect 3 ending was  people on the internet whining as usual. Well not really "as usual", that got into scarily overblown proportions.

Mass Effect 3 was the worst ending in a story since mankind first learned to write fiction.

Thank you for proving my point :P

i dont have anything against bioware. i loved many of their games, especially The Empire of Jade wich most people never ever mention. in that game you had the chance to be a REAL bad character. i mean, the chooses you made ultimatelly decided the end game. BUT, that is lost in mass effect. thats the point of this whole rant against mass effect ending.

returning to the original topic. i think ill stop preordering games... my wallet its tired of this bullcrap.

No, Mass Effect 3 ending was  people on the internet whining as usual. Well not really "as usual", that got into scarily overblown proportions.

Mass Effect 3 was the worst ending in a story since mankind first learned to write fiction.

Thank you for proving my point :P

I've proved nothing. To prove your point would be to have proven that what I've said is an exagerration.

It is not. In terms of literature and utterly destroying it's own universe, the verisimilitude, the characters and the lore, ME3's ending is the worst in history.

This is of course the original ending I'm speaking of. The Extended Cut changes it to being merely awful which is an upgrade from worst in history.

from what i ahve heard they had the option, relese in half done beta phase or get sued for breach of contract

personally i think option 1 was the better of the two but they both hurt pretty bad

also this is not cannon no matter how much you tell me otherwise

I personally have never accepted anything presented after Aliens to be canon.

Why break tradition now! :P

from what i ahve heard they had the option, relese in half done beta phase or get sued for breach of contract

personally i think option 1 was the better of the two but they both hurt pretty bad

Same here, except really Prometheus, but that's just me!

Same here, except really Prometheus, but that's just me!

i kind of liked 3 and resurrection, 3 for its bleakness and hammering that you cant stop the xenomorph and resurrection mostly for its director, perlman and some of the fx overall im hasty to call resurrection cannon since it felt like fanfiction (a good fanfic but still) though i did really like the digigrade legs for xenos

i enjoyed prometheus as well but im torn over some of the deleted scenes not in the theatrical cut [spoiler=the Alternate Conversation Scene]espcially the one where the engineer talks and weyland tries to convince him he should give him a way to be immortal "because gods dont die" even though the engie can not really really understand him the look of disgust should tell you what it is thinking

or that [spoiler=Zombie Scene]fifeild(?) was orginally supposed to look alot more like he was being transformed into a xeno