Alien Colonial Marines "Bait and Switch" and your thoughts on Pre ordering games

well prometheus its a whole different history but thats another topic. btw i loved that movie.

anw. this ACM mess its just that, a mess, we cant dot anything about it, what is done is done. lets just hope/dream for a decent aliens based game in the near future.

I'm not saying Alien 3 is a bad movie, the director's cut is decent enough.

My problem with it is the premise is awful and it tries to hard to ape the original Alien without bringing anything interesting for itself.

It's weird and disjointed enough for me to consider it little more than another of Ripley's nightmare as she reaches Earth with Hicks and Newt because SHUT UP THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED.

I can't say anything good about Resurrection, and Prometheus... eh.. we'll see where that leads since apparently there will be more after that.

Yes this is a bit off topic but what I'm trying to say is, nobody seems to be able to come up with a truly good followup to Aliens. CM is too much trying to ape Aliens like Alien 3 aped Alien and awful contrived rubbish that gives me a headache just thinking about it, and don't even get me started on Cerberus.. er.. I mean, Weyland-Yutani.

I'm not saying Alien 3 is a bad movie, the director's cut is decent enough.

My problem with it is the premise is awful and it tries to hard to ape the original Alien without bringing anything interesting for itself.

It's weird and disjointed enough for me to consider it little more than another of Ripley's nightmare as she reaches Earth with Hicks and Newt because SHUT UP THAT'S WHAT HAPPENED.

I can't say anything good about Resurrection, and Prometheus... eh.. we'll see where that leads since apparently there will be more after that.

Yes this is a bit off topic but what I'm trying to say is, nobody seems to be able to come up with a truly good followup to Aliens. CM is too much trying to ape Aliens like Alien 3 aped Alien and awful contrived rubbish that gives me a headache just thinking about it, and don't even get me started on Cerberus.. er.. I mean, Weyland-Yutani.

prometheus its on the same universe but it doesnt have much to do with aliens as stated by the director. also, james cameron, director of aliens 2, was very angry when they toke his history and trashed it and saw newt and hicks dead. but dont worry ,search for the dark horse comics, they did a "real" sequel taking from aliens (alien 2) this is considered, by fans, the true history. unluckily it turn out a little crazy at the end but is still enjoyable.

Up until ACM I had a generally neutral opinion on pre-ordering. I didn't really care, since I was naive and assumed that what you saw in demos and previews is what you'd get, since that's logically the sane and logical thing to do. The little incentives and bonuses to pre-orders never really appealed to me.

Now, after seeing the shitstorm over ACM and believing it to be perfectly justified, I'm decidedly against pre-ordering any sort of game, ever. If this is what companies are going to start doing (God forbid), then people need to stop buying into this ASAP.

TotalBiscuit commented on it too, stating "This should be illegal", which is really all that needs to be said. :/

Personally, I think given current gaming industry practices, pre-ordering anything is a bad, bad idea. I'm not a very patient guy, but I can wait four days to a week (or two) before playing a game. I never feel the need to be the first to play anything, or even to just be in the first wave of people playing it. I generally buy a game a month or two in anyway, as it avoid a lot of headaches with bugs and things like that.

I don't intend to ever pre-order a game, unless the advantages of doing so are obvious, which in most cases, they are not.