Native option in the body selector does nothing (v153d)

I spent a lot of time figuring why neither default skin nor default body been applied no matter what I do. To make a clean test I've removed all mods and kept just female skin + top mesh and WW. Changing from "Default" to "Native" top option in body selector does not apply the real default mesh as is installed, but applies something which is exactly the same as WW default option. Basically there is no difference between default and native options as far as I see. If you remove WW completely, default skin and mesh do work however (off-course I use other means to make sim nude in this case).

See comparison attached. First screenshot was taken without WW and other one with WW and "Native" option selected in body selector. Nipples area especially, this nipple overlay works just fine without WW and it's blurry and scaled in case of WW and body selector ON. Also it is quite clear that shapes / meshes are different.

no_ww.thumb.png.93b408a233db5293843799afb048edc2.png

ww.png

Body Selector only has an effect in-game, while in CAS you'll always see WW's default skin and body parts (at least while editing your Sim, whereas the "main view" shows the in-game look if I'm not mistaken).

"Native" uses the game's own default skin or whatever overrides it - I have Luumia's improved vanilla skin, for example, so selecting Native will apply it instead of the featureless, doll-like skin that the game originally came with (Luumia's is basically the same skin, but with nipples). If your override is the same skin as the one used by WW, there'll be no visual difference - with just WW installed, it will probably also override the native skin, but I don't know for sure.

4 hours ago, Crashdown117 said:

Body Selector only has an effect in-game, while in CAS you'll always see WW's default skin and body parts (at least while editing your Sim, whereas the "main view" shows the in-game look if I'm not mistaken).

"Native" uses the game's own default skin or whatever overrides it - I have Luumia's improved vanilla skin, for example, so selecting Native will apply it instead of the featureless, doll-like skin that the game originally came with (Luumia's is basically the same skin, but with nipples). If your override is the same skin as the one used by WW, there'll be no visual difference - with just WW installed, it will probably also override the native skin, but I don't know for sure.

I am not sure if CAS and "use mirror" are much of difference? But I do know that it works in "mirror", at least now when I've figured my way around these issues. Also in my case switching between "native" and "default" did not have any effect in game as well as in CAS, even though disabling WW obviously was producing a different result (expected result). But anyways, I've found my way around and here it is for future those who have the same problem as me:

1) Make sure that WW is loaded AFTER (later) than the default body (for me it is CMAR nipples top) - this was my first problem, when WW was loaded by game first, it didn't pick up the mesh and so was applying the default one (which is BB I think), when I changed folder / file structure to something like this:

0.folder/mybodymeshXYZ files

999.folder/wicked whims files

It did detect my mesh and things got settled, I changed body selector option to native and there you go I see my mesh now, again in "mirror" version of CAS as well as in game!

UPD: found even more info now, knowing what to look for, lol: 

2) There is some info that "native" option may not work with all default meshes out there. I am not sure if this is true because my target was to have default meshes as close to vanilla as possible (CMAR and wild guy's options), so I found a similar topic:

And it seems fotune5014 was quite close, I am not sure what went wrong but it works for me.