What is wrong with my Sim's arm?

For some reason, I get this weird glitch with my Sim's arm. I tried using the reset sim option with testingcheats on.

Is there a way to fix this? This only happens with this particular sim! No animation mods (like WW) are used with this save.

The Sims™ 4 2020-05-03 23_34_27.png

Have you tried resetting your Sim? With testingcheats enabled, shift-click your Sim and select to "Reset object" (or something like this, I'm playing in German).

Also, are there any other Mods active? If so, disable mods in the game settings and see if that makes the issue go away.

If it does, you'll have to find the mod that's causing it, by moving everything out of your Mods folder, then adding the files back in a few at a time and starting the game between additions (if the issue pops up again, it was caused by one of those you added with the last bunch). Once you've narrowed down the culprit, update the mod or remove it permanently.

Don't forget to delete "localthumbcache.package" found in "Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4" every time you make changes to your Mods folder.

8 hours ago, Declaimer104 said:

I have already tried resetting the sim through the cheats menu.

But I'll experiment with removing and replacing mods, but it's going to take a while. I have like 3GB worth of CC.

could be broken cc clothing....the jumper she's wearing perhaps?

On 5/3/2020 at 10:36 PM, Declaimer104 said:

Is there a way to fix this? This only happens with this particular sim! No animation mods (like WW) are used with this save.

I had a problem like this and it turned out to be a cc hairstyle causing it, and it happened with a couple other cc hairs too.

All of them had 'bangs' in the front though and it was only with the females.

Had to use S4PE to identify the bad cc hairs to know which ones I had to remove.

Only seemed to happen with the regular EA pre-woohoo, flirt animation, (or WW ask for sex).

Easy enough to test by just changing her hair to one of EA's.

But I suspect it could also be caused by any other type of bad cc used in CAS. 

15 hours ago, Declaimer104 said:

You were right, it is the hair! She's the only sim that has that specific cc hair too.

Ah well, shame it looks good on her though!

Good thing as I gave up on swapping the package files in and out of the folder.

I hated to give up my bad hairs too as they were quite nice.

Quite often hairstyles get overlooked when problems arise because they are usually OK and it took me forever trying to figure out the arm glitch.

The only problem with hairs is usually the hair physics mod, or missing/bad meshes.

My bad hairs in case anyone else has them FYI.

Anto_S4Hair_203_Susana

Anto_S4Hair_210_Astra

Moskito_Milana_Skirt_023 (was a bad cc clothing I also had to remove)

Bummer too because Anto makes some excellent hairstyles and are normally bug free. 

I know it’s late but that’s a bad bones weight transfer, usually caused when you press ctrl P on blender and separate an object without remove vertex group before merge it again.  When you see this, it’s always caused  by any related sim body package , not script mods 

Archived