IGNORED

Regular Skyrim mods

17 minutes ago, Titan643 said:

Was looking at some of the armor and weapons that people had made for regular skyrim

the ones ive ported for myself typically seem to work like this...

1) download mod and run through CAO

2) re-zip the mod and install it in MO2

3) Open the mod with Creation kit.  "Hit save" (just to bump the esp up to form 44, seems to be the thing to do these days, not sure which mods actually need the upgrade)...

4) CLose creation kit...

5) move any files put in overwrite by CK, from the mod  back into the mod file (drag and drop)

6) and my favorite step- profit..

• 3 months later...

I realize that this thread is a bit old...I'm a noob at figuring this stuff out.  I've got CK downloaded, finally, along with CAO, SSEdit, and not sure what else I need...messing around with them a bit, working on converting/updating some things for personal use since I haven't figured out how folks permissions work as yet, and do not wish to step on anyone's toes.   I am mostly focused on just converting stuff so they will work on my system.

Alright, so I hit step 5, @Sillius_Maximus, opened up CK...figured out to hit the folder icon, and start looking.  Found it, highlighted it, it wouldn't let me check the box...found the mark as active on the bottom, clicked it...and then hit the save button....then closed out.  That should be all, yes?   I didn't see any 'overwrite' messages if that's a good thing?  And, yes folks, I'm 3 sheets into the wind, working on number 4.  Probably a stupid question.

I'm using the Hydra Slave Girls as a test for all of this, just fyi.

2 hours ago, Strykewolf said:

I realize that this thread is a bit old...I'm a noob at figuring this stuff out.  I've got CK downloaded, finally, along with CAO, SSEdit, and not sure what else I need...messing around with them a bit, working on converting/updating some things for personal use since I haven't figured out how folks permissions work as yet, and do not wish to step on anyone's toes.   I am mostly focused on just converting stuff so they will work on my system.

Alright, so I hit step 5, @Sillius_Maximus, opened up CK...figured out to hit the folder icon, and start looking.  Found it, highlighted it, it wouldn't let me check the box...found the mark as active on the bottom, clicked it...and then hit the save button....then closed out.  That should be all, yes?   I didn't see any 'overwrite' messages if that's a good thing?  And, yes folks, I'm 3 sheets into the wind, working on number 4.  Probably a stupid question.

I'm using the Hydra Slave Girls as a test for all of this, just fyi.

My recollection is there is not always an overwrite message appearing in MO2....  consider step 5 "as needed".     If i'm not mistaken, not all converted mods necessarily need to be converted to form 44..  so steps 3-5 could all be conditional.

I could just be unusually lucky that the mods I open in CK still work.