Animations not working

Hey, I have tried everything and followed the instructions several times to get animations to install over the wicked whims mod. The mod itself is working but it still will not register the animations as I still get a notification in game that "I have no animations installed" aside from the 4 that came with the mod. My file structure is: (D)>Program Files>Origin Games>The Sims 4> Mods> WickedWhimsMod. I have all animations extracted using winrar and placed into the Mods folder directly above WickedWhims, only PACKAGE files are present in that folder. If anyone knows whats going wrong please let me know, I have been trying for several months through several updates (And yes I keep downloading the latest updates) and I am at my end.

12 hours ago, Adler09 said:

My file structure is: (D)>Program Files>Origin Games>The Sims 4> Mods> WickedWhimsMod.

Your Mods folder is in the wrong 'The Sims 4' location.

That location is reserved for game installation files only.

I'm surprised your game even loaded.

Move Mods folder to 'User Name'/My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4/

This is considered the working location for everything else besides game files.

And then delete your localthumbcache file in your TS4 folder (The new location not the old one).

The problem i am having is I installed the game through the Origin launcher, so I have to use that file structure. If I put the whickedwhims mod in the path you suggested it cannot find the game as the game has to be launched through the Origin app, witch is in that location. Would the problem be that the folders are on my D drive? I moved all my games there as I dont have a lot of space on my laptops C drive. But all files must be under the Origin Games directive for it to be recognized. Or maybe was it because i downloaded it off of Origin the issue?

On 4/16/2020 at 8:57 PM, Adler09 said:

The problem i am having is I installed the game through the Origin launcher, so I have to use that file structure. If I put the whickedwhims mod in the path you suggested it cannot find the game as the game has to be launched through the Origin app, witch is in that location. Would the problem be that the folders are on my D drive? I moved all my games there as I dont have a lot of space on my laptops C drive. But all files must be under the Origin Games directive for it to be recognized. Or maybe was it because i downloaded it off of Origin the issue?

It could be because you moved them to D: drive, normally Origin installs to ? unless directed to install to another location.

But the path info I listed is correct for normal installations.

If you move your D: drive Mods folder to desktop for now, and launch the game again without the mods folder, it should create a new Mods folder with only a resource.cfg file.

(Or whichever Mods folder has all the actual mods anyway)

You might want to get rid of all the other duplicate Mods folders on other drives and just keep the new one on the desktop.  

That newly created file should have the correct path info for game to find and load your mods now, hopefully.

And should be in the correct location now so you will have to find it, but it should be in your My Documents folder rather than Origin.

If/when you find the new/correct one don't copy your old resource.cfg file and overwrite the new one.      

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Hans Dieter_HB said:

I've tried it still doesn't work

What doesn't work?

Sims 4 version?  WW version?

List the full path of your mods folder.

Post a screenshot of your WW animations folder.

List the contents of your Resource.cfg file in your Mods folder.

Edited by SkyBarbie