Infinite Side Dodge Roll [input: aim + left/right + jump]

Hi, 

I've been having an issue with a side dodge roll when I press aim + left/right + jump that locks me in a roll loop until reloading a save .

I don't know where it's coming from. The only side roll I have is from behaviours and it doesn't work because of an apparent animation issue and it has a one button input anyway

I've deactivated, behaviours, bnb body, asu reanimations, and hitman animations with no effect and I can't find this issue or mention of a side dodge roll anywhere on google other than Solid project (removed nexus mod) which I've never installed.

It's some sort of [aimjumpLeft(right).kf] that I can't track down 

I'd love to get it working where ever its coming from :)

Hey AJ, thanks for your work

I run TTW

FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
Fallout3.esm
Anchorage.esm
ThePitt.esm
BrokenSteel.esm
PointLookout.esm
Zeta.esm
CaravanPack.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
TaleOfTwoWastelands.esm
YUPTTW.esm
KerberosPanzer.esp
Mens Magazines Replacer.esp
Project Nevada - Core.esm
Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp
Project Nevada - Equipment.esm
Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp
Project Nevada - Dead Money.esp
Project Nevada - Gun Runners' Arsenal.esp
Project Nevada - Honest Hearts.esp
Project Nevada - Lonesome Road.esp
Project Nevada - Old World Blues.esp
T6M Equipment Replacer NV.esm
Type 6.esp
BabyDoll.esp
Courier Vests.esp
Diagonal movement.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
AEV-FNV.esp
Behaviours.esp
Animated Sleeping.esp
7DanceFnV.esp
More Perks Update.esp
More Perks.esm
Sexout - KissKey.esp
SexoutCommonResources.esm
Sexout.esm
SexoutAnimManagement.esp
SexoutPosNew.esp
SmallerTalk.esp
SexoutSex.esp
SwapShoulderView.esp
True Leaning.esp
TypeNOutfits.esp
PAnimator.esp
Roll.esp
TTW SM and Ghouls FIX.esp
Asurah_reanimation.esp

you don't have many mods, it's very weird. I'd go drastic and would untick them all (except TTW) to see what happens, then toggle small groups of 5 to narrow down which is the responsible... if the responsible is something completely unrelated, then we could try to understand why it behaves in that way

15 minutes ago, A.J. said:

you don't have many mods, it's very weird. I'd go drastic and would untick them all (except TTW) to see what happens, then toggle small groups of 5 to narrow down which is the responsible... if the responsible is something completely unrelated, then we could try to understand why it behaves in that way

It's Behaviours Beta 2.5 16 even with the esp disabled 

19 minutes ago, aghjax said:

What other assets is it loading? If any disable them. If not try a new game with it completely disabled assets + esp.

It stripped it all down. First all ESPs and the problem persisted. Then I unchecked boxes on the left mod panel (MO) and narrowed it down to solely behaviours Beta 2.5 16  

(I didn't bother unticking JIP, NVSE extender, NVAC, NVSR, and NVSR for windows) 

3 hours ago, drugedruge33 said:

It stripped it all down. First all ESPs and the problem persisted. Then I unchecked boxes on the left mod panel (MO) and narrowed it down to solely behaviours Beta 2.5 16  

(I didn't bother unticking JIP, NVSE extender, NVAC, NVSR, and NVSR for windows) 

Probably "behaviours Beta 2.5 16 " overwrites an animation file, responsible for the rolling.

If you really really really want that mod, you can 'hidden' all files and folders, test and then unhidden them, until you find the animation that caused the issue.

7 hours ago, drugedruge33 said:

narrowed it down to solely behaviours Beta 2.5 16 

That's what I was thinking. I've already seen that, when you press too many keys and the game doesn't handle them, it starts reading the files from top to bottom and fallsback on the first one which has the header it wants. It should be enough to go under meshes\characters\_male\ and delete Roll Left and Right.

15 hours ago, A.J. said:

That's what I was thinking. I've already seen that, when you press too many keys and the game doesn't handle them, it starts reading the files from top to bottom and fallsback on the first one which has the header it wants. It should be enough to go under meshes\characters\_male\ and delete Roll Left and Right.

I deleted them and the issue went away along with the side roll ability. Is there anyway to get this to work? Does the animation need a land.kf or something? I like the roll and the key combination is very comfortable. I use your skeleton, am I missing something? 

I deleted them and the issue went away along with the side roll ability. Is there anyway to get this to work? Does the animation need a land.kf or something? I like the roll and the key combination is very comfortable. I use your skeleton, am I missing something? 

Didn't you say it wasn't working? "The only side roll I have is from behaviours and it doesn't work because of an apparent animation issue and it has a one button input anyway"

That's the only reason why I told you to delete the file...

Other than that, I wouldn't really know. That roll uses an animgroup which is inside the game engine but it's not used in Fallout, so there are not other things to compare with.

18 hours ago, A.J. said:

Didn't you say it wasn't working? "The only side roll I have is from behaviours and it doesn't work because of an apparent animation issue and it has a one button input anyway"

That's the only reason why I told you to delete the file...

Other than that, I wouldn't really know. That roll uses an animgroup which is inside the game engine but it's not used in Fallout, so there are not other things to compare with.

The one button roll was from hitman's combat roll from the animation resources nexus page

The one button roll was from hitman's combat roll from the animation resources nexus page

The files I told you to delete are from Behaviours.

If this influences Hitman's roll too,  it probably uses the same files and prone to cause the same issue because it uses the same header. Since hitman's script was made by me, there's a good chance that they are written in the very same way (so many years have passed, I don't remember exactly)

Archived