Hey there,

I've made a new setup a few weeks ago and seen now theres a new Animation-Setup-tool out (nemesis).
And there come more and more mods out, that aren't compatible with Fnis.

And Fnis is no longer supported...

and.. stuff xD

So how is the compatibility with Sexlab? Does it change the install precedere dramatically? Or is it just as always but with "start nemesis" instead of "start Fnis"?^^

i ask clearly not for my actual setup.. it would just break anything to change between Fnis and Nemesis midgame.. 

but i ask for my next setup :D

and i ask of course for the Skyrim LE version.

I happened to test it and it works great so far. I don't have to much animations added ( almost 3000 registered i think ) and every animation is correctly loaded, as well as Idles i think. Although LOOT will tell you that some mods require FNIS ( SL ,ZaZ , DD, etc...) it will still work, but be carefull nonetheless.

1 hour ago, Harlekin said:

Hey there,

I've made a new setup a few weeks ago and seen now theres a new Animation-Setup-tool out (nemesis).
And there come more and more mods out, that aren't compatible with Fnis.

And Fnis is no longer supported...

and.. stuff xD

So how is the compatibility with Sexlab? Does it change the install precedere dramatically? Or is it just as always but with "start nemesis" instead of "start Fnis"?^^

i ask clearly not for my actual setup.. it would just break anything to change between Fnis and Nemesis midgame.. 

but i ask for my next setup :D

and i ask of course for the Skyrim LE version.

Creature animations don't work with Nemesis as far as I know, currently.

Fyi, for Nemesis, you will still need Fnis creatures for creature support since Nemesis as its latest version 0.83 doesn't have that yet. Basically when a creature scene starts, the human portion will be animated by Nemesis while the creature is done by Fnis creature

Also, Nemesis currently has a soft cap for number of animation: 13500 exact. When you run Nemesis, it'll tell you how many animations it detected and if it's over 13500, you will run into issues.

What kind of issues you ask? You'll run into either one of these two scenario:

1. Your game crashes on launch. Not even save game load, just CTD before even the Skyrim logo on the title screen can appear. This is due to a memory issue similar to the crash you usually get if you spend too long picking your hair in the Racemenu.

2. If your game can launch and you can load/start a game, your character and all NPCs (creatures included) will be sliding around, unable to attack/draw weapons or even jump. It's not the  T-pose like when you forgot to run Fnis, the idle animations still play normally, and you can even start a Sexlab scene, but you just can't "activate" any other regular animations for gameplay.

I already reported these to the author of Nemesis so hopefully he will be able to fix them. For now, try to trim your animation list down as much as possible until you reach that magic number below 13500 and you'll be fine.

So the steps to get SL working with Nemesis is

1. Install all SL animations and mods as usual

2. Delete the Fnis.esp that generated/came with Fnis

3. Run Fnis as usual, with Fnis creature installed

4. Install and run Nemesis - Nemesis will automatically generate a new Fnis.esp, make sure to activate that one.

5. If the animation count on the Nemesis UI is higher than 13500, try to remove some animations that you can live without and re-run Nemesis again until it's below 13500

6. Launch the game and pray to Talos that it doesn't crash. Try to move your character around when you first load your save, if you can move normally and draw your weapons, you're on the right track

7. Do a quick test with a summoned creature and start a SL scene with it, see if it works. Then repeat with a human - human scene test. If both works, you're good to go.

btw, you may think that 13500 is a lot and you'll never reach that number, but that number also includes regular vanilla animations, which takes up about ~5000 already, so you only have about ~7000 slots, and it fills up fast. Billy's animation packs alone can pretty much propel you to the limit. A lot of mods might also require Devious Device and Zaz, which are huge animation slot hogs. So choose your animation packs and mods carefully

On 4/21/2020 at 5:35 AM, asianboy345 said:

Also, Nemesis currently has a soft cap for number of animation: 13500 exact. When you run Nemesis, it'll tell you how many animations it detected and if it's over 13500, you will run into issues.

4. Install and run Nemesis - Nemesis will automatically generate a new Fnis.esp, make sure to activate that one.

5. If the animation count on the Nemesis UI is higher than 13500, try to remove some animations that you can live without and re-run Nemesis again until it's below 13500

6. Launch the game and pray to Talos that it doesn't crash. Try to move your character around when you first load your save, if you can move normally and draw your weapons, you're on the right track

7. Do a quick test with a summoned creature and start a SL scene with it, see if it works. Then repeat with a human - human scene test. If both works, you're good to go.

I think that soft cap is higher now. I have over 14k animations and it works.

I just want to add another version of installing Nemesis I had to do after having countless mods relying on FNIS installed (I don't use creature anims, so my advice below might not work with it).

1) Uninstall FNIS as the mod page says you to do.

2) Install Nemesis and run it (again, this is when you already have a fully functioning modded game). If it crashes when updating the engine just run it again. And again. And try to unselect it while it runs.

3) Klick the launch button in Nemesis when number 2 is done. Now this is where it got tricky for me. Since I deleted all files according to 1 it threw up an error 1052 and stopped.

4) Make a note of every esp that Nemesis lists. Reinstall the corresponding mods as new mods. I use Vortex and when I reinstall it asks me if I wanna replace or make a variant of it. Make a variant and disable the old one.

5) Run Nemesis again.

If it throws up the the 1052 error even after that, install and run FNIS again, because that one told me which mod it was that didn't work. Remove/fix the mod, then rinse and repeat from 1 again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2020 at 11:35 AM, asianboy345 said:

Fyi, for Nemesis, you will still need Fnis creatures for creature support since Nemesis as its latest version 0.83 doesn't have that yet. Basically when a creature scene starts, the human portion will be animated by Nemesis while the creature is done by Fnis creature

What kind of issues you ask? You'll run into either one of these two scenario:

1. Your game crashes on launch. Not even save game load, just CTD before even the Skyrim logo on the title screen can appear. This is due to a memory issue similar to the crash you usually get if you spend too long picking your hair in the Racemenu.

2. If your game can launch and you can load/start a game, your character and all NPCs (creatures included) will be sliding around, unable to attack/draw weapons or even jump. It's not the  T-pose like when you forgot to run Fnis, the idle animations still play normally, and you can even start a Sexlab scene, but you just can't "activate" any other regular animations for gameplay.

I already reported these to the author of Nemesis so hopefully he will be able to fix them. For now, try to trim your animation list down as much as possible until you reach that magic number below 13500 and you'll be fine.

btw, you may think that 13500 is a lot and you'll never reach that number, but that number also includes regular vanilla animations, which takes up about ~5000 already, so you only have about ~7000 slots, and it fills up fast. Billy's animation packs alone can pretty much propel you to the limit. A lot of mods might also require Devious Device and Zaz, which are huge animation slot hogs. So choose your animation packs and mods carefully

The magic number is 13000 for me,can't figure out why the different.

• 2 weeks later...

Tested a bit more, there is a small issue with SexLab Defeat (installed it yesterday) it doesn't work properly on knockdowns (animation on stealth knockdown performed by character just don't playing at all) but everything else going ok, no T-poses and other strange flex by characters, all animations playing correctly, but can't trigger only that one

But stealth kill working ok (when you hold up action button, G by default, with drawn weapon on sneak mode behind victim NPC) (and somehow cames to knockout for me, lol)

And i think that's the conflict with two mods, like Combat Gameplay Overhaul, which requires Nemesis (without it - not working at all)

And maybe that's the problem with NPC KO Overhaul (but i am not sure, maybe that's the only thing which keeps NPC alive)

on FNIS i don't have that issue

but all animations working great so far with Nemesis, yeah

All sex Scenes working properly (have not tested with creatures)

• 2 weeks later...

Had a problem with the pet suit animations from DD, it uses armbinder animations instead of crawling, but I use it so rarely I haven't noticed it since I switched over. Anybody else know if their petsuit animations work fine? Apparently nothing worked switching back to FNIS so I gave up trying to test that.

Gotta do some dangerous research, i think my laptop gotta explode or it will crack the reality apart, but anyway, wanna give it a try.  Gotta use a lot of animation mods + creatures. So, rn will start with nemesis.

well, that's what i have atm:

image.png.5d6cd0c4e71c97b738ee04f89a469623.png

Mod installed: Billyy_Creature

Mod installed: Billyy_CreatureBeasts

Mod installed: Billyy_CreatureConstructs

Mod installed: Billyy_CreatureFurniture

Mod installed: Billyy_CreatureHumanoids

Mod installed: Billyy_CreatureInsects

Mod installed: Billyy_CreatureMisc

Mod installed: Billyy_Human

Mod installed: Billyy_HumanFurniture

Mod installed: Billyy_HumanLesbian

Mod installed: DD

Mod installed: DD2

Mod installed: DD3

Mod installed: DDSL

Mod installed: Defeat

Mod installed: DogmaMods

Mod installed: FunnyBiz1

Mod installed: FunnyBiz2

Mod installed: FunnyBizAmp

Mod installed: FunnyBizBeastly

Mod installed: FunnyBizBound

Mod installed: FunnyBizFun

Mod installed: FunnyBizG

Mod installed: FunnyBizGroup

Mod installed: FunnyBizLover

Mod installed: FunnyBizMC

Mod installed: FunnyBizMolag

Mod installed: FunnyBizNecro

Mod installed: FunnyBizRape

Mod installed: FunnyBizUn

Mod installed: ITortureFramework

Mod installed: M2MAnimations

Mod installed: MoreNastyCritters

Mod installed: NAR

Mod installed: NCK30

Mod installed: PAHE

Mod installed: PAH_HomeSweetHome

Mod installed: SexLab

Mod installed: SexLabAroused

Mod installed: SexLabCreature

Mod installed: SexLabTDFAggressiveProstitution

Mod installed: XPMSE

Mod installed: ZaZAnimationPack

Well. the latest Nemesis update seems to have broken DD compatibility. It's mostly fine while wearing devices, but as soon as they come off, normal idle is replaced with pet suit idle, moving forward is replaced with yoke anims, and sneak seems to be armbinder plus hobble dress.

• 2 weeks later...

So is setup for Nemesis and SexLab as simple as it is for FNIS?

Cause I want to try out the Combat Gameplay Overhaul, which does require Nemesis, on a new character of mine. But at the same time I still want to keep SexLab for Spouses Enhanced. No creature animations on this character or anything, just a standard "Orc samurai" who wants to bang his wife from time to time without anything really "fancy" in terms of animations.

14 hours ago, Aizen525 said:

So is setup for Nemesis and SexLab as simple as it is for FNIS?

Cause I want to try out the Combat Gameplay Overhaul, which does require Nemesis, on a new character of mine. But at the same time I still want to keep SexLab for Spouses Enhanced. No creature animations on this character or anything, just a standard "Orc samurai" who wants to bang his wife from time to time without anything really "fancy" in terms of animations.

I just moved my animation mods from FNIS to Nemesis, and it seriously is just uninstall FNIS and FNIS related mods in your mod manager, install Nemesis, update the engine then let Nemesis run to detect your animation mods. After that, place the output into its own mod and activate it so that you have the new FNIS.esp in your plugins list and activate it if it isn't. As the author of Nemesis states, pretty much any mod that used FNIS before should work out of the box after you run Nemesis and activate any necessary patches.

27 minutes ago, CausticBleach said:

I just moved my animation mods from FNIS to Nemesis, and it seriously is just uninstall FNIS and FNIS related mods in your mod manager, install Nemesis, update the engine then let Nemesis run to detect your animation mods. After that, place the output into its own mod and activate it so that you have the new FNIS.esp in your plugins list and activate it if it isn't. As the author of Nemesis states, pretty much any mod that used FNIS before should work out of the box after you run Nemesis and activate any necessary patches.

Sweet. Thanks for clarifying!

Ran into a critical issue. Got a frankenstein setup of FNIS+Nemesis to use creature animations. Every animation can load up, but a good lot of them get stuck in stage 1. Using the hotkey to advance a stage or using Tools to forcefully change the stage doesn't do anything and the actors are just endlessly looping the first stage, even if automatic advance is on. The animation will still end when the timer's up though.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/18/2020 at 12:19 PM, RampageCentipede said:

Tested a bit more, there is a small issue with SexLab Defeat (installed it yesterday) it doesn't work properly on knockdowns (animation on stealth knockdown performed by character just don't playing at all) but everything else going ok, no T-poses and other strange flex by characters, all animations playing correctly, but can't trigger only that one

But stealth kill working ok (when you hold up action button, G by default, with drawn weapon on sneak mode behind victim NPC) (and somehow cames to knockout for me, lol)

Anyone got a fix for this? Different load order or does it need a patch?

• 2 weeks later...

As of writting this, nemesis works on most human animation and creatures, i have about 20k animation installed (bar's colour is red lmao) and it runs with no problem, although some creature doesn't properly animate in the way that the human is still animating while the creature is just standing there idling. As of now the only creature that doesn't work so far is giant and frost attronachs which aren't that much of a problem since i don't have a lot of animations for them. Rolling back to FNIS works so i guess nemesis just doesn't support giants and frost attronachs, but i won't be giving up CGO because of two creatures not animating properly so it's something i can live with.

• 1 month later...
On 6/27/2020 at 8:54 PM, DovahSlab20 said:

Anyone got a fix for this? Different load order or does it need a patch?

Bump. 

I'm having the same issue with SL Defeat and Nemesis! When I sneak behind a npc with my weapon sheathed and press the action key the choke animation doesn't trigger, also my camera changes from 1st person to 3rd person. Everything else works. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/8/2020 at 11:53 AM, ThisKapi said:

Really? Creature mods work fine on my nemesis engine, its just that all I did was tick-off FNIS since Nemesis provides a ESP version of it. But left the Fnis creature behavior Enabled.

How did you get them to work? Cause I'm using SexLab Werewolves and followed your method (at least I think I did) but all I'm getting is the human actor animating while my werewolf just stands there idly with a boner.