Issue with SMP on an outfit

Hey guys I'm not sure where to put this, as I can't find a dedicated SMP thread for LE.

I am trying to port this outfit From SE to LE:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/27338?tab=description

All the pieces have been properly converted with nif optimizer, weighted and conformed..... when I get to the skirt howerver, I was able to make a non-SMP version that works just fine by weighting it using the cbbe Baseshape, but when it comes to the SMP skirt...... Something odd happens.

Its almost as if part of the skirt isnt weighted:

20200410184912_1.thumb.jpg.73225c900361e5f4a211d3613ebeb941.jpg

Just that segment on the right side.... other than that the smp functions perfectly......

Everything is weighted where it should be , its just acting stragely...... 

Does anyone know of things I can do to troubleshoot this?

Any help is appreciated.

I have attached a copy of the _0 and _1 nifs of the skirt, along with the associated SMP xml file.

I hope someone is able to help

Miko Outfit Re Work.zip

The bones and weighting in the nif seems to be fine.

Does this happen right after you equip the item (and do not move) or does it happen after you start moving? Are your FPS tanked when this happens? Are your fps close to 60?

The XML seems to be ok, my guess is something wrong with the lerp constraints based on the result on the picture.

Check the skse\plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshPhysics.log for potential problems and try to comment out the lines 409-504 in the XML to see if it helps.

If it does help then uncomment it again and try to increase the <groupIterations> in the configs.xml located in skse\plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\ if it is 1. Some default configs have it set to 1 which is performance friendly, but complex group constraints might be calculated incorectly during fast movements resulting in these errors, increasing the value may have possitive effect on the result, but probably will cost some performance. Try to set it to 10 or 20.

If tweaking the config does not help then revert the <groupIterations> change in the configs.xml and you would need to tweak the linear and angular limits for the lerp constraint definition (lines 409-420).

20 minutes ago, OrrieL said:

Does this happen right after you equip the item (and do not move) or does it happen after you start moving? Are your FPS tanked when this happens? Are your fps close to 60?

The XML seems to be ok, my guess is something wrong with the lerp constraints based on the result on the picture.

Check the skse\plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshPhysics.log for potential problems and try to comment out the lines 409-504 in the XML to see if it helps.

If it does help then uncomment it again and try to increase the <groupIterations> in the configs.xml located in skse\plugins\hdtSkinnedMeshConfigs\ if it is 1. Some default configs have it set to 1 which is performance friendly, but complex group constraints might be calculated incorectly during fast movements resulting in these errors, increasing the value may have possitive effect on the result, but probably will cost some performance. Try to set it to 10 or 20.

If tweaking the config does not help then revert the <groupIterations> change in the configs.xml and you would need to tweak the linear and angular limits for the lerp constraint definition (lines 409-420).

Okay I will give this a try once I am back at my comp...

A s for FPS i can easily get 144+, but I have it set to 60 in ENB because I've heard that that inteferes with Havok operation.

As for what I tried, that pic was stationary, but the "Red Corner" vertex explosion looks the same and keeps the same position on the screen (relative to view) no matter if the npc is stationary, walking, posing....ect.

I was able to weight the mesh normally (With standard bones and HDT PE) and it worked just fine, so I dont think the mesh itself is the issue.

Thank you for taking the time to help me with this!

On 4/11/2020 at 1:53 PM, OrrieL said:

Okay so Group Iterations was set to 32 already, and I tried the second thing you suggested....

It still looks like this:

20200412185836_1.thumb.jpg.72fe48332d106a149f1cfcf22772e9f9.jpg

Hmmm so these limit values, is there somewhere for me to start? Would it help to start with numbers from a similar type of outfit?

17 hours ago, NIND (jimmyyu) said:

Hmmm so these limit values, is there somewhere for me to start? Would it help to start with numbers from a similar type of outfit?

Have you tried to comment out the lines 409-504 in the XML? Did it help or not?

5 minutes ago, OrrieL said:

Have you tried to comment out the lines 409-504 in the XML? Did it help or not?

Well I didn't comment them out, I removed them.

I make backups with every change I make incase I need to revert.

Very helpful for cases like these lol.

Here is the SMP Log

Spoiler

hello world
hdtSkinnedMeshPhysics
[Mon Apr 13 12:36:01 2020]INFO: Queue OK
[Mon Apr 13 12:36:01 2020]INFO: SKSEPlugin_Load
[4/13/2020 12:37:26 PM]WARNING: meshes\ShinoClothes\Miko Outfit Re Work\skirt.xml(4,0):
VirtualGround is not a NiGeomery or doesn't exist, skipped
[4/13/2020 12:37:26 PM]WARNING: meshes\ShinoClothes\Miko Outfit Re Work\skirt.xml(33,0):
Bone NPC L Breast01 is not exist, skipped
[4/13/2020 12:37:26 PM]WARNING: meshes\ShinoClothes\Miko Outfit Re Work\skirt.xml(34,0):
Bone NPC R Breast01 is not exist, skipped
[4/13/2020 12:37:26 PM]WARNING: meshes\ShinoClothes\Miko Outfit Re Work\skirt.xml(57,0):
piority is deprecated and no longer used
[4/13/2020 12:37:26 PM]WARNING: meshes\ShinoClothes\Miko Outfit Re Work\skirt.xml(63,0):
unknown element - can-collide-with-tag
[4/13/2020 12:37:26 PM]WARNING: meshes\ShinoClothes\Miko Outfit Re Work\skirt.xml(417,0):
[4/13/2020 12:37:26 PM]WARNING: meshes\ShinoClothes\Miko Outfit Re Work\skirt.xml(562,0):

Ok i installed the esp to see it ingame.

It is not a SMP problem. There is something wrong with the mesh, it does not display correctly even if I renamed the XML (basicly disabling any SMP for this mesh) maybe someone else can look into it.

2 hours ago, OrrieL said:

It is not a SMP problem. There is something wrong with the mesh, it does not display correctly even if I renamed the XML (basicly disabling any SMP for this mesh) maybe someone else can look into it.

Okay I’ll try the unskin and Reskin fix to see if that changes anything, if it doesn’t I guess that’s it then lol. How did you determine the issue with the mesh?

1 hour ago, 27X said:

Because the actual nodes don't match the xml annotations.

?Oh I though the NIF optimizer would get all of them, but I guess not :C 

I should note that this is a port from SSE with permission, so I shouldn't be surprised... I'll try and use an HDT Skirt instead

Thanks for the help guys.

4 hours ago, OrrieL said:

So I guess node=Bones weighted onto the mesh? 

Because I was able to remove all weighting from the shape in OS and reweight it with the standard bones from the BaseShape and it worked fine.

2 hours ago, NIND (jimmyyu) said:

So I guess node=Bones weighted onto the mesh? 

Because I was able to remove all weighting from the shape in OS and reweight it with the standard bones from the BaseShape and it worked fine.

What I did was rename the XML so the SMP DLL would not be able to find it = not process this mesh at all. The result was exactly as in your picture. I then tried to remove the SMP DLL from the skse folder just to be sure it is not processed and the result was the same.

This means that there is something wrong in the mesh itself that has nothing to do with SMP.

You can not fix that in OS. You can not copy bone weights on these bones, those are custom defined bones which are not a part of the standard body skeleton. If you touch weights on these bones in the OS then OS will most likely mess them up making the mesh unusable. You would need to use 3D app like 3DS or Blender.

You can try outfit studio discord maybe someone will help you there.

16 minutes ago, OrrieL said:

What I did was rename the XML so the SMP DLL would not be able to find it = not process this mesh at all. The result was exactly as in your picture. I then tried to remove the SMP DLL from the skse folder just to be sure it is not processed and the result was the same.

This means that there is something wrong in the mesh itself that has nothing to do with SMP.

You can not fix that in OS. You can not copy bone weights on these bones, those are custom defined bones which are not a part of the standard body skeleton. If you touch weights on these bones in the OS then OS will most likely mess them up making the mesh unusable. You would need to use 3D app like 3DS or Blender.

You can try outfit studio discord maybe someone will help you there.

Thank you!

Archived