Jump to content
IGNORED

SSE suddenly started crashing at startup


Recommended Posts

Here is the papyrus crash log https://pastebin.com/g1AJ77ZT

 

I closed the game last night normally. Today I installed (I use MO2)  MfgFix and tried to transfer a npc visual with NPCVisualTansfer. Then the game was crashing at startup, just after the menu appears. I removed mfgfix and both mod files that NPCVisualTransfer created but it's still the same.

 

And weird thing is, my other profile also crashes at startup, the one I didn't installed mfgfix or did the thing with NPCVisualTransfer.

 

I don't know what to do, please help ?

Link to comment
11 hours ago, JosephShin said:

Here is the papyrus crash log https://pastebin.com/g1AJ77ZT

 

I closed the game last night normally. Today I installed (I use MO2)  MfgFix and tried to transfer a npc visual with NPCVisualTansfer. Then the game was crashing at startup, just after the menu appears. I removed mfgfix and both mod files that NPCVisualTransfer created but it's still the same.

 

And weird thing is, my other profile also crashes at startup, the one I didn't installed mfgfix or did the thing with NPCVisualTransfer.

 

I don't know what to do, please help ?

Ok so 3 things I could suggest trying to fix crashing on start up are. 

1. run Fnse sometimes adding or removing mods with out re running this can cause a crash.

2. Check your saves folder and see if any of the save have s 0kb size and are labeled as temp. Usually these are added to this folder if you had a failed save attempt that resulted in a crash. I have had issues where these files some how were the result of the game crashing on start up don't know how or why but deleting them fixed the crashing. 

3. Possibly and I doubt this but maybe one of those mods you mentioned changed or removed core files. So try to verify the integrity of game files from steam to see if that was what happened if so this will replace any missing files. Also make sure you copy the skyrim.exe BEFORE you do this because if skyrim has updated from your current version you will have to update your mod list or roll back your version of skyrim. So copy that skyrim.exe before hand so you can just paste it back into the directory overwriting the updated one.

Wish I could be more helpful on this but these are all I can think of to possibly help you out here.

Link to comment
19 hours ago, sparral said:

Ok so 3 things I could suggest trying to fix crashing on start up are. 

1. run Fnse sometimes adding or removing mods with out re running this can cause a crash.

2. Check your saves folder and see if any of the save have s 0kb size and are labeled as temp. Usually these are added to this folder if you had a failed save attempt that resulted in a crash. I have had issues where these files some how were the result of the game crashing on start up don't know how or why but deleting them fixed the crashing. 

3. Possibly and I doubt this but maybe one of those mods you mentioned changed or removed core files. So try to verify the integrity of game files from steam to see if that was what happened if so this will replace any missing files. Also make sure you copy the skyrim.exe BEFORE you do this because if skyrim has updated from your current version you will have to update your mod list or roll back your version of skyrim. So copy that skyrim.exe before hand so you can just paste it back into the directory overwriting the updated one.

Wish I could be more helpful on this but these are all I can think of to possibly help you out here.

I figured it out.

 

I don't know why but using NPCTransfer breaks my game via "CBPC - CBP Physics with Collisions". Downloading it again and renaming cbp.dll to xcbp fixes the issue. But if I use the tool again it goes broke once more. Even if it's still named xcbp, I need to remove it, download it and rename it again.

 

I don't know how it works. I use MO2, so every mod has its own folder, I don't know how it messes with CBPC.

 

It's probably because of the tool trying to reference something isn't there anymore. But it's not fixed by just removing the NPCVisualTransfer mods so I don't know.

 

 

 

Here is what I wrote in the other thread I created somewhere else:

 

Spoiler

I installed "mgf Fix" and then downloaded Pandorable's Livia replacer (Without the original mod, maybe that was the mistake), and tried to transfer its visual to Mjoll with NPC Visual Transfer Tool mod. Nothing happened, the transfer window closed and came back. I closed the sseedit and removed Pandorable's Livia replacer. And now the game crashes just after the game menu appears. I removed both mod folders of Visual Transfer mod from MO2 (VNPC...something and the other one containing my NPCVisualTransfer.esp) Yet it isn't solved, the game still crashes. I used the tool with vanilla NPCs before and it was working.

I installed no other mod. I closed the game last night normally, did this today and now it crashes. Please help!

After testing disabling/enabling mods, realized It's solved if I disable "CBPC - CBP Physics with Collisions", but I'm using it since I first installed the game. Like I said I didn't install any new mod but the ones I already said. And I uninstalled them. I'm using MO2 so there should be no leftovers. Could SSEedit have messed up with them somehow? I removed CBPC and downloaded again, but to no avail. :(

SKSE crashes, not the skyrim.exe and CBPC is a mod composed of SKSE plugins. Could there be a link?

Please help!!! :(

 

Link to comment

Hello I have a question but I don't sure I choose the right topic. I install one mod (Kriv Alansen follower https://kp4068.tistory.com/3435 ) and my game crush each time I enter the tavern and try look where she is located. Without this mod tavern works fine. I play SSE and I make all requirements for this mod including with HDT-SMP, FNIS. XP32, SKSE and others. (everything have last version on this day)

Link to comment
On 4/12/2020 at 3:04 PM, Vitamin4ik said:

Hello I have a question but I don't sure I choose the right topic. I install one mod (Kriv Alansen follower https://kp4068.tistory.com/3435 ) and my game crush each time I enter the tavern and try look where she is located. Without this mod tavern works fine. I play SSE and I make all requirements for this mod including with HDT-SMP, FNIS. XP32, SKSE and others. (everything have last version on this day)

idk , but it looks like its an Oldrim mod...it also looks like its using a custom race...And  what are the requirements  even  ,  they are not stated on the page you linked.

 

looks  like its for Oldrim indeed....

 

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17990 - some knowledge on how to port it to SE

Link to comment
  • 1 year later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...