Is it safe to modify mods in the middle of the game?

Raikano

I have read a lot of threads that say it is dangerous uninstall mods or change the load order, but i do not know if also it's dangerous modify mods in the middle of the game.

I would like do next things in some mods: 

1: Add new recipes for improve some armors and weapons.

2: Add perks to some followers.

3: Change the height in some follower. Is the same thing change the height in the mod and type "setscale" in the game?

I use Test5Edit

10 minutes ago, Raikano said:

I have read a lot of threads that say it is dangerous uninstall mods or change the load order, but i do not know if also it's dangerous modify mods in the middle of the game.

I think it depends on what you put on and / or take off

11 minutes ago, Raikano said:

Add perks to some followers.

Some things can be added (mod permitting) such as: enchant weapons / armor also adding the Soul gem, change them (from heavy to light and / or inverse, transform them into common clothes, transform armor into clothes for nacked gameplay,
insert some Masters (SexLab Aroused, Heel Sound, for example). If a weapon contains a spell, it can be replaced and / or enhanced (resulting in the consumption of the Soul gem, the more powerful it is, the more it consumes)

30 minutes ago, Raikano said:

3: Change the height in some follower. Is the same thing change the height in the mod and type "setscale" in the game?

I use Test5Edit

For every example you have given, I can't see it breaking anything.

33 minutes ago, Raikano said:

I use Test5Edit

It should work.

I was doing the same for armour mods back in the day. But as soon as the armour got cached in the RAM, I would have to restart the game to implement my changes.

36 minutes ago, Raikano said:

Agreed with everyone else.

The only potential issue (and very minor) is that added perks don't always show up on the actors immediately.  You may need to add them via console in that case.

The main thing to avoid when doing this is changing FormIDs.  So long as you are adding some and not removing/changing them, you should be fine.

Archived