IGNORED

How do I fix/reduce "color banding"?

It happens all the time at night time in my game or in areas with really dim lighting. I mostly see the hideous effect on storm clouds at night or on my character at night or in dimly lit rooms. I do use an ENB I just don't know what settings to look at ("dithering" doesn't seem to have any effect) or if there are any SkyrimPrefs settings I could change to help with the issue. I suppose it could be the TV I use as a monitor but I'm kind of skeptical on that one.

I don't really get the problem as badly in Fallout 4 and when I do it's usually with the clouds at night.

51 minutes ago, Z0mBieP00Nani said:

It happens all the time at night time in my game or in areas with really dim lighting. I mostly see the hideous effect on storm clouds at night or on my character at night or in dimly lit rooms. I do use an ENB I just don't know what settings to look at ("dithering" doesn't seem to have any effect) or if there are any SkyrimPrefs settings I could change to help with the issue. I suppose it could be the TV I use as a monitor but I'm kind of skeptical on that one.

I don't really get the problem as badly in Fallout 4 and when I do it's usually with the clouds at night.

It is partly the game, partly your monitor, and partly unavoidable.

For the unavoidable explanation, see this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9j89L8eQQk