[Solved] Painting names

monsta88

Hi all,

Disclaimer: I have very-very minimal modding skill, so please don't laugh too hard because of the simplicity of my question.

I converted Buyable Paintings to SSE. I was surprised, but it actually worked. I also replaced a lot of paintings in the mod, to bring them up to par with LL (ie: sexy pictures). That also worked.

The mod uses special Daggers as pictures, you need to use them on the picture frame to make the painting appear. All these special Daggers have the names of the painting, so you can see which dagger represents which painting in your inventory. Also, when you look at the picture, you can see its name.

I'd like to change these names, so the names would be for the paintings I replaced. Basically I'd like to make a little painting replacer/renamer patch. I found the items in SSEEdit and I can rename them. Here comes the problem though.

The paintings are .nifs with .dds textures. For example akcanvasmc0101.nif and akcanvasmc0101.dds I can't find any reference to these filenames in SSEEdit. I'm probably looking at the wrong place or something.

BuyablePaintings.JPG.c4084878ddc5c37cc4cfc5c4aa0e45e2.JPG

There is another list like this at the Weapons section for the Daggers.

So my question is, how can I find out which nif/texture belongs to the given editor id? Can I see that in SSEEdit? The mod has 3 .pex files, but no source. Is the info in those maybe?

Thanks in advance,

M

15 minutes ago, spoonsinger said:

I don't have the same 'version' of Buyable Paintings. However look in the activator, (as you showed), and scroll down to Model.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.03a20f79e9bd267061728af0b9cf18a0.png

As for the pex's use https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35307 to decompile them.

I thought I saw that before, thanks.

Thanks, I will look in to the decompiler, I have to work atm.

2 minutes ago, monsta88 said:

Yes, I have found that, however, there is no such nif in the painting/texture list. :)

Thanks, I will look in to the decompiler, I have to work atm.

Umm. Might be mis understanding. What you can do is when you click on the activator in Xedit there is a tab at the bottom which says referenced. Click on that and it should say all the places it's referenced in the mod. (Ctrl -Click on the entry will take you to the actual reference). So you should be able to find what you are looking for from that by back tracking the references.

43 minutes ago, spoonsinger said:

Umm. Might be mis understanding. What you can do is when you click on the activator in Xedit there is a tab at the bottom which says referenced. Click on that and it should say all the places it's referenced in the mod. (Ctrl -Click on the entry will take you to the actual reference). So you should be able to find what you are looking for from that by back tracking the references.

Yes, sorry, I corrected my earlier post, but you already answered by then. :)

2 hours ago, spoonsinger said:

OK, so I still have the problem, because the .nif's name doesn't always the same as the texture's name. So basically I have to look into the nif to figure out the texture's name. Unfortunate, it makes this project very tedious as there are like 100+ paintings.

Archived