Game won't open

Holy Fuck! I installed like 5 or 6 mods (mainly follower ones) and then Skyrim wouldn't open. I made a clone of the vortex file and turned all the new ones off and it still wouldn't work. I then turned ALL my mods off and it still wouldn't work. When I make a profile from scratch with no mods it will work. Any ideas on how to get this to work? I'm so frustrated, I wanna throw my computer against the wall!

Check for warnings in your mod manager, sort your loadorder and check that everything seems in place. Things to note:

• check that your Skyrim SE match your SKSE version and that SKSE is correctly installed.
  • check that you have all the requirements installed/enabled for all your mods.
  • check that you're using the proper version of mods like SSE engine bugs, Sexlab, SOS or any mod that comes with a dll (you'll see these mods tend to contain the Skyrim SE/SKSE version they're made for, because using a different version will give you issues).
  • check that your loadorder is properly sorted (patches after mods they're patching, esm near the top, etc.).
  • if you have SSE Edit setup to run with Vortex, use it to load your entire loadorder. It will give you an error message if your loadorder has something obviously wrong.

If everything above seems in order and you still can't load your entire mod setup to play, start from a profile without mods and add them a few at a time, test if you can start a new game and repeat. If you can start a new game just fine but can't load a previous save, try to use Fallrim Tools to clean that save (instructions are in that tools description page, available in SSE Nexus).

19 minutes ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

Check for warnings in your mod manager, sort your loadorder and check that everything seems in place. Things to note:

• check that your Skyrim SE match your SKSE version and that SKSE is correctly installed.
  • check that you have all the requirements installed/enabled for all your mods.
  • check that you're using the proper version of mods like SSE engine bugs, Sexlab, SOS or any mod that comes with a dll (you'll see these mods tend to contain the Skyrim SE/SKSE version they're made for, because using a different version will give you issues).
  • check that your loadorder is properly sorted (patches after mods they're patching, esm near the top, etc.).
  • if you have SSE Edit setup to run with Vortex, use it to load your entire loadorder. It will give you an error message if your loadorder has something obviously wrong.

If everything above seems in order and you still can't load your entire mod setup to play, start from a profile without mods and add them a few at a time, test if you can start a new game and repeat. If you can start a new game just fine but can't load a previous save, try to use Fallrim Tools to clean that save (instructions are in that tools description page, available in SSE Nexus).

Okay, now I only have FINIS XXL, FINIS Creature Pack, and FINIS Data activated on a brand new profile and it's starting but it's saying FINIS failed to load

Screenshot (73).png

That's Vortex being Vortex. I don't use Vortex nor I'm interested in learning how to use it. So you'll have to fix that error on your own, I'd start by checking that the FNIS files are actually in that folder. A simple reinstall might solve it too, unless Vortex doesn't want to. 

Archived