[Wip] Official Tnt Custom Race Thread - Or, What The Femboy Idea Turned Into

Sorry for the silence on my end everyone, I've just been busy with university and such I hadn't a lot of time to work on it.
That said I made some progress in an unexpected way : basically I wanted to make a similar mod for Oblivion so I thought about doing exactly what I had done for Skyrim AKA modify the mesh in mudbox, save as nif and fix with NifSkope. However the Oblivion skeleton is much more complex than skyrim's ( as surprising as it might be, while the Skyrim skeleton only goes to like 30 bones, the oblivion one easily goes to 100+ bones). Because of that I realized quickly that doing what I did before for Skyrim would take an absurdly long time. That's when I noticed the line referring tothe mesh itself so I thought :"What happens if I swap that mesh with my modified one ?". Well I did just that and it worked exceptionally well. I have yet to try the same method on Skyrim but that's definitely what I'm planning to do.

I've also taken some time to look into how to make retextures and such, as I'd like to make my own textures for the mod but I want to focus on the mesh first ( as I can use the original default textures for now).

• 3 weeks later...

In the wake of the "paid mods" mess on Steam I can assure you that the mod I'm working on will not be a "buy2mod" one. Unlike those modders who fell prey to greed I value creativity and passion before all, no matter how difficult the project might be or the amount of money involved. Because of the mess that happened releasing either the femboy mod or my other mod I'm working on ( a hideout for all the people of Nirn who have fled their homeland for whatever reason and want to start anew) on the Workshop is out of question and since apparently the Nexus guys also had a hand in this "paid mods" deal I don't think I'll be releasing it on the Nexus either (I'm banned there anyways). Because of that both mods will be released here, on LoversLab and obviously for free.

Long time lurker and watcher of this mod

Great to hear that some people have other things than lining their own pockets in mind. I can totally understand donation options but outright disabling mods unless they are paid for is complete and utter bullshit.

Looking forward to this mod and would love to take a look at your other mod when you finish.

Is everything still bumping in here? I am looking for the femboy body as well. However, I have no experience with meshes or blending or any of that stuff, pretty much every mod i have has been plug and go. I have no problem learning a bit to get this working, but if i see a whole string of code my head might just collapse in on itself.

Looooooooooong time without internet, but I'm back and I'm so happy that this is still being posted on and work still being done. I'm crossing my fingers still for a solid release, but until them I've been making due with a boobless female body and SOS for females like I think a lot of us have done..

Been working on custom skins and Normal maps to apply to the UUNP female body with Race menu edited flat boods. The normal maps are completely reworked along with the skins to conform to the body and add the necessary male characteristics that you would find in a femboy/ androgynous body. Theyre coming along great. It's a simple fix for the time being until a custom body can be meshed out. I've got all the tools loaded up to take a crack at meshing something out. As long as I can translate all the nitrishape crap with the nifs doing it in blender should be relitivly easy. But for now once I finalize the skins and maps I'll load them into LL for everyone to enjoy. With work and real life... ETA two weeks. Pictures of progress much sooner.

i'm really hoping for working weight sliders for use in racemenu/ECE so i can make the body shaped the way i feel it should look >.<;; 

I myself am a femboy and hate the fact that my actual body is just a stick, no curves, no nothing really. Yet femboys are famous for not being androgynous they are actually usually far more feminine than anything else hence the term "femboy" and when they don't have physical curves that are noticeable they wear clothing and accessories that make their lesser curves more than that.

Been working on custom skins and Normal maps to apply to the UUNP female body with Race menu edited flat boods. The normal maps are completely reworked along with the skins to conform to the body and add the necessary male characteristics that you would find in a femboy/ androgynous body. Theyre coming along great. It's a simple fix for the time being until a custom body can be meshed out. I've got all the tools loaded up to take a crack at meshing something out. As long as I can translate all the nitrishape crap with the nifs doing it in blender should be relitivly easy. But for now once I finalize the skins and maps I'll load them into LL for everyone to enjoy. With work and real life... ETA two weeks. Pictures of progress much sooner.

i'm really hoping for working weight sliders for use in racemenu/ECE so i can make the body shaped the way i feel it should look >.<;; 

I myself am a femboy and hate the fact that my actual body is just a stick, no curves, no nothing really. Yet femboys are famous for not being androgynous they are actually usually far more feminine than anything else hence the term "femboy" and when they don't have physical curves that are noticeable they wear clothing and accessories that make their lesser curves more than that.

did you do the hormone therapy yet? it is highly effective and can give you a decent amount of curves. some that are born male even have them from the beginning. oh and don't ask about me. i have plenty for multiple reasons XD

I feel like normals are especially necessary especially for the chest area, otherwise  I noticed that the chest area always end up looking like a female flat chest. I'd really like a somewhat more masculine normal map.

Btw, I'm still working myself on a body mesh but I've had to deal with some RL bullcrap and with even more ragequit inducing bugged meshes. Now I'm working on it on somewhat regular basis though I'm still kinda busy.

did you do the hormone therapy yet? it is highly effective and can give you a decent amount of curves. some that are born male even have them from the beginning. oh and don't ask about me. i have plenty for multiple reasons XD

while i'd love the lower half side effects of hormone pills i dont want the UPPER half effected.....i dont want breasts is what im saying. :/ so i'm in kind of a weird situation. I identify as bigender, for those that don't entirely know what bigender is it's when i feel like a boy and a girl each day my body just says YOURE A GIRL or YOURE A BOY and i go about my life based on that each day. it's a rather frustrating life style i must admit but what can i do, i am what i am. 

while i'd love the lower half side effects of hormone pills i dont want the UPPER half effected.....i dont want breasts is what im saying. :/ so i'm in kind of a weird situation. I identify as bigender, for those that don't entirely know what bigender is it's when i feel like a boy and a girl each day my body just says YOURE A GIRL or YOURE A BOY and i go about my life based on that each day. it's a rather frustrating life style i must admit but what can i do, i am what i am. 

oh then you will have to go with surgery ;/ . my situation was way easier to tackle already being real girl in mind. all i had to do is let my entire body change through the therapy and move on. but in your case it too complicated for the basic estrogen consumption i m afraid

yeah i know :/

i keep getting people on my case about it too because they're all like DO CORSET TRAINING or GO ON ESTROGEN PILLS and blah blah blah....like i haven't thought about any of these things. but i CAN"T Corset training is extremely dangerous and does permanent damage to your internal organs so FFFF that. Estrogen pills are for those looking for a full transition but i'm not looking to turn completely into a woman. I'ma femboy through and through and i'm bigender to boot so i'd hate to suddenly have my body swapped to a different gender entirely when i'm constantly feeling like i'm one or the other on a day to day basis.  I'd get surgery but i can't afford it and even if i could the danger is so high just to have my hips enhanced to give me curves.....i don't know if it's worth it ;w; even tho i'm dying inside more every day that i don't feel completely comfy with my body ;w;

:(  You know life is horrible and mostly unfair. even after the transition many bad things occur. siiiigh

i will never understand why people even CARE about any other individual who goes through a transition like this. Who the fuck cares! IT'S OUR BODY! NOT THEIRS! It's my life, it's your life, if we want to do something with ourselves, we should be allowed to with out ramifications other than any health issues that might come with it. But of course we know the risks before going through with such a thing. HELL even if we didn't know exactly what kind of risks we're taking the fact that it's surgery and hormonal related medication alone should imply health risks. But yet again, it's our choice, not theirs. Yet they feel they have a say in it even tho it has nothing to do with them. They should just take us for what we are at face value, an individual be it male, female, or anything in between. It's unfair that we get scrutinized for being what we are yet god forbid we bash on them for being what they are. UNHEARD OF yes? i call bullshit.

Hello everyone =D
Sorry about my lengthy silence as I was away for a month and prior to that I had to deal with a ton of things that happened both in my studies and health-wise so I couldn't really post here.
Be reassured though, the femboy mod on my end is far from dead. In fact I have started to work on the _1 mesh, look on how to implement SOS and how to deal with remaking normal maps and UV maps to fix that "hole" the _0 model has ;) The other thing I'll have to figure out is how to make the femboy race completely standalone but from what I've heard it's not too difficult to pull out ;).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the silence everyone, lots of things happened IRL that kept me from posting here (or being on a PC in general that is). As for how's the mod going on my end well I'm getting (I think) closer to pinpointing what is the texture issue I'm having and thus fixing it (I managed to google a very small bit about it and find some clues). As for the rest well the "fat" morph is still in the works.

Did I give up on the mod ? No.

Will I give up on the mod ? Nope.
Much to the contrary of the modders who jumped on the "Paid mods" bandwagon I value creativity over money. That is IMO the greatest mistake the modders made. For instance let's take the example of two known modders from two different communities: IdolNinja and AlexanderJVeliski.

IdolNinja was (and still is to some extent) an modder for Saint's Row series. He became famous for his "Gentlemen of the Row" mod which aimed at fixing the horribly butchered port of Saint's Row 2 on PC while adding a boatload of features such as player posing, teleport, addition of normally unobtainable outfits and so forth... What happened is that after Sain'ts Row 2 and after Saint's Row 3 IdolNinja got a call from Volition (the makers of the Saints Row series) informing him that they were interested in hiring him and so they did.

Alexander Veliski is as you probably know the man behind the "Falskaar" mod who got, after a year's worth of work poured into a mod, hired by Bethesda and began to work as a full-time developer.

Why do I mention these two in particular ? Well simply because they simply they didn't beg for money unlike the "Paid modding" bandwagon modders. They did they thing for FREE and that got them a job. On the other end though the "paid modding" guys seem to (sadly) have gotten their values wrong. Sure money does help in pushing a large-scale project forward but when it becomes the sole motivation for pushing the mod ahead, well it's a sign that things are getting very VERY wrong.
These modders claim that they need money because it's "difficult". Well let me tell you this: getting the mesh for my femboy mod has been a pain in the ass, trying to fix the issue it has is a pain in the ass, making the fat morph and making it work seamlessly will be a pain in the ass, getting the whole race working properly will be a pain in the ass, porting the outfits to it will be a pain in the ass, getting the facial flexes to work will also be a pain in the ass, hell you got the point by now, getting the whole mod working properly and solving all the issues is just one colossal pile of pain-in-the-assery but in the end what will I end up with ?

I'll end up with a nice mod who while might not be one of the Seven Wonders of the modding universe will be pleasant to play with. Will have I learned a lot of things ? Absolutely. Will it make me proud ? Absolutely. Will seeing other people play with it make me happy ? Absolutely.
For me this is what the "paid modding" bandwagoners missed. If you work without passion your are not a modder or an artist: you are a machine.

As the saying goes "Some people are so poor that all they have is money."

So even if I don't post for a while or become pretty much inactive here don't worry, I'll still be working on it ;3
(also sorry if my "I'm not dead" post became an anti-paid mods post :P).

I am so glad to hear that this mod isn't dead! My dreams of trveling through Skyrim as myself may become more than dreams in the future!

This mod probably won't ever die as we're like 4 people working on a mod of that kind which means that even if one of us was to abandon the project, there'd still be people to keep the project on track :shy:

So in all cases sooner or later you'll be able to be yourself in the land of Skyrim ;3

Another update on my end. Today I decided to try to give a second look at the model to try to solve these issues I'm having (okay that's just one issue so far but yeah) and as I opened it up in Marvelous Designer I suddenly noticed something I missed before:

1440678971-whassat.jpg

As you can see there's that zone with those weird "torn" lines. Does anyone knows what might be the cause of this ? I'm assuming that those lines are precisely the reason why I'm having that "hole" in the mesh when it's loaded in Skyrim. >.>

Another update on my end. Today I decided to try to give a second look at the model to try to solve these issues I'm having (okay that's just one issue so far but yeah) and as I opened it up in Marvelous Designer I suddenly noticed something I missed before:

1440678971-whassat.jpg

As you can see there's that zone with those weird "torn" lines. Does anyone knows what might be the cause of this ? I'm assuming that those lines are precisely the reason why I'm having that "hole" in the mesh when it's loaded in Skyrim. >.>

could be reversed normals causing the tear. In fact probably is lol.