How well can my pc run skyrim?

Zaselim

So you mean that gtx 690 is not the right choice for heavy game or the future games?

Depends on what your are planning to do.

A very high resolution + high AA + texture-mods could cause heavy frame-drops.

If money doesn't count, then take a look at the upcoming Geforce Titan(apart from the fact that it's just waste of money imo^^).

does GTX 680 4gb is also dual gpu like 690 or the single

gpu has 4gb ram in gtx 680?

GTX680=single core; here some examples :)

Model || core(s) || memory (physically present) || memory (useable by game engine)

GTX690 || 2 || 4GB ||2GB

(2x GTX690 (SLI) || 4 || 8GB ||2GB)

GTX680 || 1 || 2GB ||2GB

*GTX680 || 1 ||4GB ||4GB

GTX670 || 1 || 2GB ||2GB

HD7990 || 2 || 6GB || 3GB

HD7970 || 1 || 3GB || 3GB

HD7950 || 1 || 3GB || 3GB

I wouldn't recommend a dual gpu at all ;)

sir i'm not getting a dual gpu at the moment, i'm just getting gtx 690, may be after 2-3 years i'll get future gtx instead of going sli.

I'm not gonna play ultra skyrim only, i'm gonna play other games as well.

So you mean with single gtx 690 i will still get a lag or slow gameplay with all the 4k textures and high def mods and enbs and gtx 680 4gb is a better option than gtx 690.. I play at 1080p resolution (1920x1080) not higher than that.

The GTX 690 has 2 GPUs housed on a single graphics card. For all intents and purposes, you are using SLI despite having one GTX 690; if you were to add a second 690, you would be using Quad-SLI.

In a SLI configuration, the memory has to be mirrored; therefore, usable memory is limited by the gpu with the lowest vram. A SLI configuration with a 1GB card and a 3 GB card would net 1 GB of usuable ram for gaming.

The GTX 690 is excessive for vanilla Skyrim. At 1600p resoution, it can do ~90 fps with 4xMSAA and 16xAF; that's nearly double the pixel density of 1080p. Also note the CPU limitations.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5805/nvidia-geforce-gtx-690-review-ultra-expensive-ultra-rare-ultra-fast/13

Conjecture at this point:

I've only ever used 2k textures and that was quite taxing for my 6950 with 2GB VRAM. With 4k textures, the 690 would possibly struggle although I don't have one to test. If you really want 4GB of usuable VRAM with performance similar to a GTX 690, you would have to SLI 2x GTX 680 each with 4GB of VRAM. I lose anywhere from 5 to 40 fps with ENBs but the GTX 690 exceeds 60 fps with higher resolutions so you can run whatever ENB you want.

The 2k mod is... too much of an overkill for the HD4670 unless you first buy a new video card to deal with bigger textures.

Try using lower-resolution textures or pick only what texture mods are you going to use. Also, try to tune up your ENB settings if you're using it -- you can use only detailed shadows and/or sunrays for performance. Finally, get the new Catalyst 13.1 -- it's now worth downloading.

The GTX 690 has 2 GPUs housed on a single graphics card. For all intents and purposes, you are using SLI despite having one GTX 690; if you were to add a second 690, you would be using Quad-SLI.

In a SLI configuration, the memory has to be mirrored; therefore, usable memory is limited by the gpu with the lowest vram. A SLI configuration with a 1GB card and a 3 GB card would net 1 GB of usuable ram for gaming.

The GTX 690 is excessive for vanilla Skyrim. At 1600p resoution, it can do ~90 fps with 4xMSAA and 16xAF; that's nearly double the pixel density of 1080p. Also note the CPU limitations.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/5805/nvidia-geforce-gtx-690-review-ultra-expensive-ultra-rare-ultra-fast/13

I've only ever used 2k textures and that was quite taxing for my 6950 with 2GB VRAM. With 4k textures, the 690 would possibly struggle although I don't have one to test. If you really want 4GB of usuable VRAM with performance similar to a GTX 690, you would have to SLI 2x GTX 680 each with 4GB of VRAM. I lose anywhere from 5 to 40 fps with ENBs but the GTX 690 exceeds 60 fps with higher resolutions so you can run whatever ENB you want.

And what about the games other than skyrim , Like crysis3, tomb raider 2013 and the (next gen games like watch dogs etc) future games, How many year will a single gtx690 run the games @max settings @1080p(If 2 and half or 3 years then it'll be ok for me) According to the table Spells suggested gtx 680 4gb will be the better choice then gtx690 cause its single gpu with 4gb vram but its not available in my country only GTX 680 2gb so gtx680 4gb is a NO thing for me.

I'm considering getting Skyrim but I am afeared of not being able to play it. My laptop is old but I'm seeing a lot of mods out there that guarantee performance boosts. I also saw a video on youtube of someone playing it rather nicely with the card I have, but I am skeptical.

Sony Vaio VPCEE31FX

AMD Athlon II P340 Dual-Core Processor 2.20 ghz

3GB Ram

Here's a link to an image with my video card info: [spoiler=Image]dxinfo.jpg

I have serious doubts as to whether or not I can play it with this system, but I'm far from an expert and will ask the sages here. :D

Hello everyone, i'm getting a new PC tomorrow and i wanna know how well can it run Skyrim on all HD mods (HD Textures, environments, body mods/textures, ultra gfx settings, Ultra detailed enbs etc)

here're the specs

*Intel i7 3770k, 3rd Gen 3.5 ghz 8mb cache Max Turbo frequency 3.9GHZ

*Cooler Master CM HAF XM 922 MID TOWER

*GigaByte GTX 690 4096MB - 512BIT - GDDR 5 - CORE CLOCK 915MHZ - MEMORY CLOCK

6008MHZ - MINI DISPLAY PORT - DVI-D - DUAL-LINK DVI - (GV-N690D5-4GD- B)

*Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1200 WATT POWER SUPPLY

* Asus P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 SOCKET-SUPPORT UP TO 32GB DDR3 1600/1333 MHZ DIMM-Z77

CHIPSET- DVI,HDMI,VGA- HIGH DEFINITION 8 CHANNEL AUDIO-GIGABIT LAN

* Corsair Value Select 8GB 1333 BUS DDR 3 (Vengeance) (2 Chips:8x8 = 16gb)

please if anyone can, list all the HD texture mods and enb for max/full/ulltra hd skyrim experience. I'll be very grateful.

My Computer is just like Crap in front of yours

GTX450 4096MB

4GB RAM

and so on

Buuuuut I can play Skyrim on highest HD with every HD mod that exist and I have no bugs, lags or anything else

And what about the games other than skyrim , Like crysis3, tomb raider 2013 and the (next gen games like watch dogs etc) future games, How many year will a single gtx690 run the games @max settings @1080p(If 2 and half or 3 years then it'll be ok for me) According to the table Spells suggested gtx 680 4gb will be the better choice then gtx690 cause its single gpu with 4gb vram but its not available in my country only GTX 680 2gb so gtx680 4gb is a NO thing for me.

It really depends on the game and framerate that is acceptable to you. The last time i read about Crysis 3, it didn't look too impressive; they did all their graphical envelope pushing in Crysis 2. Tomb Raider is up in the air with that new TressFX feature. I am also skeptical about Ubisoft's claim to develop Watchdogs for the PC as the leading platform. As long as 30 fps is acceptable, I'd say the GTX690 is good for the next 5 years. I would give it a year and a half at most before someone comes up with something to make the 690 struggle to maintain 60 fps though. At this point, I'm just guessing; so be warned. If you're going to stay at 1080p and you're not going to get a 120fps monitor, the GTX 680 is more than enough for all current games.

This is also a good time to recommend a nice skyrim configuration my friend just released

http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/1992br/skyrim_2013_a_year_of_work_and_a_labor_of_love/

He also hid his imgur link in the novel he was writing:

http://imgur.com/a/NJz0r#0

I cannot stop raving about that Dragonsreach picture.

His BOSS log is in the first comment uploaded with deposit files.

I know for certain that he is using some weird mix of 2k and 4k textures, a ugrids of 7 or so, and ini tweaks to enable as many grass meshes as possible.

With this PC you don't need SSD - You won't notice any difference between SSD / HDD with this monster PC.

But yeah, you will run all games on highest settings with solid FPS.

this isn't the case, you will notice a very significant boost to your loading times using a SSD compared to using conventional HDDs, especially using 4k texture mods.

anyhoo from the description alone, the machine is pretty much state of the art, and thus you wont have any trouble at all running Skyrim with all the eye candy mods available.

and I recommend:

-K's ENB (absolutely amazing, if a bit pushy on the specs, not that you will notice on that rig, read all the required/recommended mods for this), do note, you do not want to use ANY other weather of lighting alteration mods with this ENB, as it uses its own engine for that, meaning no realistic lighting or anything of its kind.

-Skyrim 2k (texture mod, choose the 4k quality options)

-W.A.T.E.R. mod

-Revamped flora (not exactly the name but you'll get there from top mods list)

-ultimate HD fire and spells

-Enhanced blood textures

-realistic smoke and embers

-better dynamic smoke

-real rain

think that's all for texture/shader type mods, lots of other stuff for you to pick personally after that, like face/body/armor mods etc

i am using all of them except k enb, and 2k textures. i get 30-40fps on my current machine but there is also a lag , crashes and long loading time lolz.

current machine is

quad core 2.4ghz q6600

gtx 560 1gb

xfx 680sli board

4gb cosaair xms2 ram

Archived