How well can my pc run skyrim?

Zaselim

Hello everyone, i'm getting a new PC tomorrow and i wanna know how well can it run Skyrim on all HD mods (HD Textures, environments, body mods/textures, ultra gfx settings, Ultra detailed enbs etc)
here're the specs

*Intel i7 3770k, 3rd Gen 3.5 ghz 8mb cache Max Turbo frequency 3.9GHZ

*Cooler Master CM HAF XM 922 MID TOWER

*GigaByte GTX 690 4096MB - 512BIT - GDDR 5 - CORE CLOCK 915MHZ - MEMORY CLOCK
6008MHZ - MINI DISPLAY PORT - DVI-D - DUAL-LINK DVI - (GV-N690D5-4GD-B)

*Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 1200 WATT POWER SUPPLY

* Asus P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 SOCKET-SUPPORT UP TO 32GB DDR3 1600/1333 MHZ DIMM-Z77
CHIPSET- DVI,HDMI,VGA- HIGH DEFINITION 8 CHANNEL AUDIO-GIGABIT LAN

* Corsair Value Select 8GB 1333 BUS DDR 3 (Vengeance) (2 Chips:8x8 = 16gb)

please if anyone can, list all the HD texture mods and enb for max/full/ulltra hd skyrim experience. I'll be very grateful.

My i7 2600 and HD6970 is enough for ultra and hd textures+lady body, but I have some strange typical high grade ATI/AMD problems. So, better CPU and completely devastating GFX is more, than enough. Have a good time.

BTW. that gf690 is worth almost as much, as my whole PC :lol:

Guest Lehshara

With this PC you don't need SSD - You won't notice any difference between SSD / HDD with this monster PC.

But yeah, you will run all games on highest settings with solid FPS.

Guest Lehshara

I feel this thread was made to make the rest of as feel like shit for having bad pc's :(

Haha :D

If we combine all our PCs into one, this feeling will leave us.

[spoiler=Just realized...]i1gr47.jpg

That's brilliant idea!

lolzz, no seriously i really wanted to make sure, I'm still little confused as the next gen of games will start this year in the fall or may be from next year January. So what do you guys think my pc will last for the next gen games. or i need to wait some time before buying the pc.

the 1200w psu is for sli reason, if sometime in the future i'll need more gpu power so i'll add another gtx 690 for sli.

Note: My current (bought in april 2008) pc is quad core q6600 2.4ghz, 4gb ddr2 800mhz DHX XMS2, xfx 680 sli, (original gpu was gt 8800) Gigabyte GTX 560(bought last year), 1tb hdd.

With this PC you don't need SSD - You won't notice any difference between SSD / HDD with this monster PC.

But yeah, you will run all games on highest settings with solid FPS.

You clearly have no idea what SSD does.  SSD search/read/write is so much faster than HDD.  In layman's terms, that means your load times are reduced by over a factor of 5 - especially if you want to go balls deep with HD textures that is going to take a long time to read from disk.

3tb HDD is meant for storage, it is not meant as a primary drive.  Add in a 256GB SSD for OS/current selection of games and whatever common applications you use.

Guest Lady Luck

my pc can run like 80-120 fps

my  current pc is a corei5 processor,

not all pc need to run high power  when comes to skyrim , if you talk about crysis yeah skyrim need  comprehensive setting via ini to balance out between ultra and normal mid maps , i mix them both  and still have smooth fps anyway zase, your pc can play skyrim similiar to my fps but if it goes way faster then normal disable overcloak, lol  i once experience 340 fps on skyrim man it made me dizzy and nauseated

Ewww... Intel.  Locked FSB's.... Ewww....

Intel= Fixed clock speed, constant power usage.  Yuck.

AMD= Adaptive clock speed, only uses the power it needs.  WHEEE!!!!!  

How wrong can you get?  Ivy bridge kicks the living shit out of AMD for desktop performance, and Intel clock speed sits pretty low on idle and will jump up as needed.

There is a reason TomsHardware uses i7 on all of their benchmark builds.

With the exception of an SSD (as noted above), you should be good for YEARS. No kidding. If rumors of next gen console hardware are to be believed (expect a Sony announcement in a couple of weeks, I think the 20th) they will be 8 GB system memory with what appears to be basically an AMD Trinity. Remember they are going to sell for like $400 or $500 and even if Microsoft and Sony decide to sell them at a modest loss at first, and give away the OS, they aren't much more than a $600 PC. There isn't any magic going on, and profit margins on PC hardware are almost non-existant.

Get it. Enjoy it. Play the hell out of it. Take some screen shots for us lesser mortals.

And it's also Insmell, with a locked FSB :P  And a little research tells me that AMD's version of clock throttling uses less power than the Intel version.  Both of them started throttling about the same time, tough to tell which one did it first, however, experience tells me that Intel processors burn out a lot faster than AMD's, possibly due to the inability to throttle the FSB, which is a feature native to AMD gear.  Why do you think NVidia GPU's have so much better heat tolerance than ATI?  One of the founding members was a processor designer for AMD, so it shares some of the design aspects with AMD processors.  Not enough for them to get sued, but the base thought process is still the same. 

Thanks for help

With the exception of an SSD (as noted above), you should be good for YEARS. No kidding. If rumors of next gen console hardware are to be believed (expect a Sony announcement in a couple of weeks, I think the 20th) they will be 8 GB system memory with what appears to be basically an AMD Trinity. Remember they are going to sell for like $400 or $500 and even if Microsoft and Sony decide to sell them at a modest loss at first, and give away the OS, they aren't much more than a $600 PC. There isn't any magic going on, and profit margins on PC hardware are almost non-existant.

Get it. Enjoy it. Play the hell out of it. Take some screen shots for us lesser mortals.

Thanks bro, 3 year will be fine for me if my new pc will run games smoothly then may be I'll get one more GTX 690, And sure i will share the PICS with you guys as soon as i get it.

I'm also a mortal like you guys, as i said earlier i bought my last PC in april 2008 so i've been saving money little by little for the new one plus I'm getting GTX 690 as a gift so :D..Thanks again.

Guest Lady Luck

Ewww... Intel.  Locked FSB's.... Ewww....

Intel= Fixed clock speed, constant power usage.  Yuck.

AMD= Adaptive clock speed, only uses the power it needs.  WHEEE!!!!!  

excuse me  did i forget to mentioned you  i have two pcs oh wait you forget  ivy bridge and sandy bridge yeah that one is overclock now bugger off hater.

Sandy bridge can push way higher then AMD Processor Truth " i owned AMD bulldozer Processor you want to bring up amd Processor  debate,  tell does the bottleneck performance sound sexy to you on that one , let me see how about don't "

again mr lord jerie , intel doesn't locked FSB if you don't bought nooby processor that doesn't even support overclock know your difference if you talk  hardware compatibility, again i wanna point here , intel processor support dual graphic card hardware that doesn't  limit  frame rate did mentioned that intel can push higher then AMD i am utterly disappointed the last amd product they made it's cheaper but fps crapped down , try to play

crysis 2  game with hd texture mod on amd processor and tell me how good it is  running through your pc.

" oh no she didn't just say that?!!! , you jerk "

" oh yes i did , it hurts don't it"

did i forget oh yes how about 12-60 fps on ultra setting  " wow so amazing " . i'm not a fan either both processor if pc runs good and can make me happy  then  i enjoy my game,  bad trolling , next time if you want to hate that particular product explain in detail so we can avoid buying the product, seeing this post  just wasted my time.

you wanna know what's funny about amd processor no mater how high your gpu update the framerate will never go up until you use prime 95 good luck having proper setting here, if you say you never experienced burn out processor i saw hundreds of video seeing amd processor burnt out playing  none stop , the only flaw that amd had they don't have consistent  hazard management , my first processor before intel was amd when it pisses me off i literally throw that thing away.

All this comment is based on being honest i had t o make you realize not all processor are perfect some needing constant care and especially for AMD is a dust hater , one particle of dust that shit will go slow down.

I've never had an AMD processor burn out.  I've had three Intels go

poof.  And I didn't even overclock them. And as for performance, yeah.

What you said, cept the exact opposite.

and you had the nerve to say things like "FSB" adaptive clock when you don't experience it and you said you never had amd processor burn out " Bravo " the most intelligent comment i ever heard <-- sarcasm.

Really dude get real we got enough fanboys being utterly stupid when other forum especially  intel fanboy that buried them in 300 post explaining the flaw on AMD  processor that is why i don't like arguing whats best to use,

Word of caution never bring processor argument here if you don't debate overclock shameful.

i I've had three Intels go

poof

Show us the proof , i love reading evidence where did you get your source :)

Proof it's locked: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Front-side_bus#History

The technology that allows AMD to have higher heat thresholds than Intel: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicon_on_insulator#Use_in_the_microelectronics_industry

As for my past evidence, if you want to look through various recycling centers, you're more than welcome to it :P

As for my experience working with PC's, how bout building them since I was 12, A+ certification training in high school, followed by getting the certification, followed by ITT Tech, followed by my CISCO CCNA?

I only used Wikipedia because it was the fastest source that popped up first in Google.

Guest Lady Luck

The technology that allows AMD to have higher heat thresholds than Intel: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silicon_on_insulator#Use_in_the_microelectronics_industry

As for my past evidence, if you want to look through various recycling centers, you're more than welcome to it :P

As for my experience working with PC's, how bout building them since I was 12, A+ certification training in high school, followed by getting the certification, followed by ITT Tech, followed by my CISCO CCNA?

I only used Wikipedia because it was the fastest source that popped up first in Google.

Facepalmed Quote rorono " i don't believe in wikipedia"

You realize wiki pedia don't have consistent source , if you want good source go to tomshardware they have literally thousand of members know how shit it was to handle AMD pc , because intel is so easy to build even markee dragon knows amd has flaw here and there and he even said to himself that intel has the best overclocking tool ever build ,  i don't buy wikipedia source i'm sorry this is why i advice to all amd fans never bring up argument you can't win i use to be hardcore amd user when i found out there's a huge unnecessary frame rate bug on that  processor  , posting wikipedia wont make the processor looked bad i have ivy and sandy bridge really i can push all the way up to maximum clock without crash using prime 95 , if you talk about amd pcus that shit cant even pull the right setting i use prime 95 for that , if you don't believe try it for your self.

don't matter if you have highly intelligent brain when you can't even make the difference of a  comprehensive processor and know difference between adaptive when you don't even experience overclock

and you have to realize without intel  , AMD won't even exist , intel exist early before any of these computer ever made just incase you didn't  know , amd staff attend the computer engineering expo in la that's an intel  seminar wow and they call themselves being original, i was there covering reviews for games and i spot amd t-shirt and they to promote infront of intel  booth.

did i say macintosh has the worst built on amd product tell me one thing that amd worthy on mac , i built that piece of shit my self.

Facepalmed Quote rorono " i don't believe in wikipedia"

You realize wiki pedia don't have consistent source , if you want good source go to tomshardware they have literally thousand of members know how shit it was to handle AMD pc , because intel is so easy to build even markee dragon knows amd has flaw here and there and he even said to himself that intel has the best overclocking tool ever build ,  i don't buy wikipedia source i'm sorry this is why i advice to all amd fans never bring up argument you can't win i use to be hardcore amd user when i found out there's a huge unnecessary frame rate bug on that  processor  , posting wikipedia wont make the processor looked bad i have ivy and sandy bridge really i can push all the way up to maximum clock without crash using prime 95 , if you talk about amd pcus that shit cant even pull the right setting i use prime 95 for that , if you don't believe try it for your self.

don't matter if you have highly intelligent brain when you can't even make the difference of a  comprehensive processor and know difference between adaptive when you don't even experience overclock

and you have to realize without intel  , AMD won't even exist , intel exist early before any of these computer ever made just incase you didn't  know , amd staff attend the computer engineering expo in la that's an intel  seminar wow and they call themselves being original, i was there covering reviews for games and i spot amd t-shirt and they to promote infront of intel  booth.

did i say macintosh has the worst built on amd product tell me one thing that amd worthy on mac , i built that piece of shit my self.

So basically you're right, and my years of personal experience are wrong.

Gotcha.  

Leaving the thread before it becomes a flamefest.

Guest Lady Luck

nah i dont flame  people , i make you realize what you said  before judging the product not all amd built pcs are good  ,intel is good pc because  they listen to what consumer said , when i have problems they explain ever bit of detail this is why i love intel , but amd man i'm still tardly pissed about they consumer service they  have poor execution on that ,  there is one  that amd good at making  awesome ati product i have dual ATI series 5 and 7 and man that's like trip to disney land still it's even bugy to use gigabyte dual channel motherboard mod , GTX is really stable when it comes to framerate, but ati is only meant for advanced user , it's not really a product that you can ride like a bicycle , amd product are meant to experience ultimate overclock if you leave it vanilla then  i rather just pick factory locked intel  when it comes to playing skyrim  the only way to enjoy it is on ultra setting , but within the ultra itself  amd processor can't handle  that massive clutter loading in the background.

My major issue with ATI is how slow they are to adopt software side acceleration effectively.  Take, for example, OpenGL.  When it first came out, there weren't a lot of games that ran off of it, but NVidia was quick to support it.  I think I had a GeForce II at the time, and Quake III ran like a dream come true.  Smoothe framerate all round, and at the time, we were in awe of every aspect.  I went to a buddy's house and threw it in his system, was pretty choppy, had missing vertexes, lots of texture flashing, it was a pain to play.  A little research later, looking through ATI forums, it wasn't just his card that was the issue, it was ATI's drivers.  They didn't go well with OpenGL.  I've never used an ATI card since, and from what I hear, they're still not as quick about it as NVidia is.  It's true NVidia has some glitches of their own, as seen in Oblivion, but their support is second to none, and they're much quicker about going "oops, here, it's fixed"

EDIT:
I was looking for how long it took ATI to fix their OpenGL issues, and it seems they STILL have issues with it.  LOL.  You have to get a third party fix for it.

Archived